Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, dedmakar said:

Hello,

My filling date is April 5 and still didn't receive the interview email.

Did anybody request to change a name in the naturalization form?

Can it influence on the timeline? Can I deny the rename request at the interview?

Thanks

I think you should hear from them by the end of this month. I’m March 21 and I received the email the 16 of April so if you’re April 5 you should get your email couple days before May 5

i also request the name change but I don’t really know how that work, all I hear about it it’s that it would be a judicial ceremony in a ( court house) instead of having it at they office.

i hope someone here know something about how that work..

45 minutes ago, dedmakar said:

Hello,

Can it influence on the timeline? Can I deny the rename request at the interview?

Thanks

I requested a name change.  No it did not affect my timeline.

During the interview I was told that they could put the requested name on the certificate, but the seattle uscis doesn't have a judicial ceremony, so it won't be legal.  I did my name change via the courts a few weeks before the ceremony so that it would match the certificate. 

At the end of the interview I was shown the information (name etc) that would be on the certificate-- at that point you can correct whatever name is shown there.

9 minutes ago, Curve said:

During the interview I was told that they could put the requested name on the certificate, but the seattle uscis doesn't have a judicial ceremony, so it won't be legal.  I did my name change via the courts a few weeks before the ceremony so that it would match the certificate. 

At the end of the interview I was shown the information (name etc) that would be on the certificate-- at that point you can correct whatever name is shown there.

So the first step would be going to court before my interview appointment? If yes, what paperwork’s do I need for that? And how long it would take to do that since my interview it’s on May 22?

sorry for all the questions I’m just confused right now

Just now, YGNR said:

So the first step would be going to court before my interview appointment? If yes, what paperwork’s do I need for that? And how long it would take to do that since my interview it’s on May 22?

sorry for all the questions I’m just confused right now

You don't have to get it before the interview, however if you do a name change, you will need to provide the official name change doc in order to get your passport.  I also had to use it when I applied for the enhanced license, updated global entry, updated my social security info.  I did my name change in Issaquah, and since I used cash, I got the order within 30 mins... no need to see a judge etc. Go here for the form and instructions: https://www.kingcounty.gov/courts/district-court/name-changes.aspx

I also received a copy in the mail with a label on it that looked more official.. so I used that to update my information. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
11 hours ago, Ck207 said:

I hope that things will go well with you. At least there is nothing to do with your application and more with the agent side

Ya that’s little assuring knowing my case isn’t just stuck in an endless loop. Keeping fingers crossed and hoping he gains access to the system sooner to complete it. It’s just unfortunate that I’m traveling next month and now have to spend close to $300 for a UK visa when I could’ve sworn in since and travel for free. The thing is you just never know who’s gonna be picking up your file.

Edited by Starkilla09

Adjustment of Status From F-1 Visa.

8/14/2014: Mailed AOS package: I-130, I-485, I-765.

8/18/2014: Accepted in Chicago. Transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

8/21/2014: Received NOA 1. I-130, I-485, I-765 in mail.

8/25/2014: Received biometrics in mail. Scheduled for 9/8/2014

9/24/2014: EAD approved. 36 Days!

10/01/2014: EAD mailed.

10/03/2014: Received EAD card.

10/14/2014: I-485 moved to testing and interview.

1/28/2015: Interview scheduled for 3/4/2015.

1/31/2015: Received interview notice.

3/4/2015: Interview completed and APPROVED!

3/5/2015: Welcome notice mailed and I-130 Approved.

3/10/2015: Welcome notice and I-130 approval notice received.

3/12/2015: Green card mailed.

3/14/2015: Green card delivered.

Removal of Conditions: 

12/14/2016: Mailed I-751.

12/19/2016: NOA issued.

01/26/2017: Biometrics.

05/03/2018: I-751 transfered to NBC.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 Interview.

05/14/2019: I-751 APPROVED.

Naturalization:

12/02/2017: Mailed N 400 to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox. (I-751 still pending)

12/05/2017: Package delivered in Phoenix, AZ. Transferred to Harrisonburg Processing Center.

12/07/2017: Notice of action issued. (IOE)

12/26/2017: Biometrics.

01/23/2019: Interview Scheduled for 2/27/2019.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 interview. N-400 recommended for approval.

05/16/2019: N-400 APPROVED! Placed in line for oath ceremony.

05/17/2019: Oath ceremony notice mailed.

06/12/2019: Swearing in Ceremony! Finally a U.S. citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
On 4/17/2019 at 2:21 PM, Curve said:

wowowwowowow!  What are the chances of you seeing him today!  Congrats.. this is good news.

@Ck207 congrats to you also, and good luck with your interview!

Thanks curve. It’s a little reassuring keeping fingers crossed.

Adjustment of Status From F-1 Visa.

8/14/2014: Mailed AOS package: I-130, I-485, I-765.

8/18/2014: Accepted in Chicago. Transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

8/21/2014: Received NOA 1. I-130, I-485, I-765 in mail.

8/25/2014: Received biometrics in mail. Scheduled for 9/8/2014

9/24/2014: EAD approved. 36 Days!

10/01/2014: EAD mailed.

10/03/2014: Received EAD card.

10/14/2014: I-485 moved to testing and interview.

1/28/2015: Interview scheduled for 3/4/2015.

1/31/2015: Received interview notice.

3/4/2015: Interview completed and APPROVED!

3/5/2015: Welcome notice mailed and I-130 Approved.

3/10/2015: Welcome notice and I-130 approval notice received.

3/12/2015: Green card mailed.

3/14/2015: Green card delivered.

Removal of Conditions: 

12/14/2016: Mailed I-751.

12/19/2016: NOA issued.

01/26/2017: Biometrics.

05/03/2018: I-751 transfered to NBC.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 Interview.

05/14/2019: I-751 APPROVED.

Naturalization:

12/02/2017: Mailed N 400 to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox. (I-751 still pending)

12/05/2017: Package delivered in Phoenix, AZ. Transferred to Harrisonburg Processing Center.

12/07/2017: Notice of action issued. (IOE)

12/26/2017: Biometrics.

01/23/2019: Interview Scheduled for 2/27/2019.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 interview. N-400 recommended for approval.

05/16/2019: N-400 APPROVED! Placed in line for oath ceremony.

05/17/2019: Oath ceremony notice mailed.

06/12/2019: Swearing in Ceremony! Finally a U.S. citizen!

12 hours ago, Curve said:

You don't have to get it before the interview, however if you do a name change, you will need to provide the official name change doc in order to get your passport.  I also had to use it when I applied for the enhanced license, updated global entry, updated my social security info.  I did my name change in Issaquah, and since I used cash, I got the order within 30 mins... no need to see a judge etc. Go here for the form and instructions: https://www.kingcounty.gov/courts/district-court/name-changes.aspx

I also received a copy in the mail with a label on it that looked more official.. so I used that to update my information. 

Cool! 

Thank you 😊 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

Hi,

is there someone who applied in August 2018 ? My estimation time is September 2019. But based on latest feedback here, it seems like we might expect  the interview no earlier than 2 months after we have applied.

Edited by singau

2 hours ago, singau said:

Hi,

is there someone who applied in August 2018 ? My estimation time is September 2019. But based on latest feedback here, it seems like we might expect  the interview no earlier than 2 months after we have applied.

People are getting the interview after 14 months of waiting, not 2 months. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline
20 hours ago, dedmakar said:

Hello,

Thanks

Adding to the info from everyone else, you can change your mind about the name change and decide you don't want it anymore. I requested a name change but during the interview told the officer I changed my mind and I wanted to keep my name. She just corrected my application with this info.

46 minutes ago, CLWA said:

Adding to the info from everyone else, you can change your mind about the name change and decide you don't want it anymore. I requested a name change but during the interview told the officer I changed my mind and I wanted to keep my name. She just corrected my application with this info.

Did you take the administrative oath ceremony on the same day?

20 hours ago, Curve said:

I want to change only one letter in the first name that why I chose a name change option on the Form 400. I think that this will be for free, is it correct?

I don't want to spend $197 in the court for one letter.

Edited by dedmakar

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline
2 hours ago, PK_ said:

People are getting the interview after 14 months of waiting, not 2 months. 

Yeah, I understand :)  I mean if you have applied in March 2018, you'll add 2 month on top of March 2019, this is the approximately when you'll get your interview. :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.