Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
5 hours ago, MarshaF said:

Does anyone know in case of same day oath, what time do they schedule it and how long it takes? I might have to fly on business travel on the day of my interview, just wondering how long it might possibly take?

Mine was deschuele since March 19th. Did you get a reschedule yet? Did you go to infopass? Also, are you i751 and n400 combo interviewer?

I129F sent : 20/12/2013

I129f received: 26/1/2013

NOA1 notification: 01/01/2014 heart.gifheart.gif

Alien registration number changed :03/01/2014

NOA2 notification: 04/02/2014

Case number: 14/02/2014heart.gifheart.gif

Embassy recieved: 19/02/2014

Fee paid: 26/02/2014

P3 recieved: 03/03/2014

P3 sent: 04/03/2014

Interview day : 07/05/2014goofy.gifgoofy.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
2 hours ago, SqueakyBed said:

Hi everyone,

I created an account just to join this thread ^^

I submitted my N-400 application online on February 22, 2018 and back then it said the wait time was 14 months and I was OK with that. However,  A few days ago the count down on the uscis website for my case dropped to 0 and now it's not showing any countdown at all. it just looks like this:
image.thumb.png.966f1f09eee5113c49363d9ac7095bb0.png

Dos that mean they are finally working on my case and I am no longer on the wait list?

I called them today and I was told the wait time is 17 month instead and I just have to wait 4 more month or whatever :(

You should hear from them by next week if not end of this week. My submission date is Feb 16 and got my interview scheduled for May 1.

You're next in line

6 hours ago, MarshaF said:

Does anyone know in case of same day oath, what time do they schedule it and how long it takes? I might have to fly on business travel on the day of my interview, just wondering how long it might possibly take?

@MarshaF As you are already going through the journey....it ALL depends on the day of your interview how the situation is at the USCIS Seattle FO. Been thru 100s of N400 forums if you are not an early interviewer (for assumption sake, lets say before 12:00 noon) there is absolutely no chance of having same day oaths.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ck207 said:

Mine was deschuele since March 19th. Did you get a reschedule yet? Did you go to infopass? Also, are you i751 and n400 combo interviewer?

@Ck207- my interview is on April 24 and I am not de-scheduled (knock on the wood :)) My question was if I do get the same day oath when can I expect to be done as I have to fly to San Jose same day so not sure what time I should book my flight. I am not i751 and and n400 combo filler as I have a 10-year green card 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
1 hour ago, columbianpablo said:

@MarshaF As you are already going through the journey....it ALL depends on the day of your interview how the situation is at the USCIS Seattle FO. Been thru 100s of N400 forums if you are not an early interviewer (for assumption sake, lets say before 12:00 noon) there is absolutely no chance of having same day oaths.

My interview is at 9.45 so anything is possible. I rather prepare for the worst (or the best depending on the point of view). It would a bummer to not take same day oath because of the flight. I will probably book a 5am flight next day

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
10 hours ago, MarshaF said:

@Ck207- my interview is on April 24 and I am not de-scheduled (knock on the wood :)) My question was if I do get the same day oath when can I expect to be done as I have to fly to San Jose same day so not sure what time I should book my flight. I am not i751 and and n400 combo filler as I have a 10-year green card 

Sorry I quoted the wrong person. I think your chance of getting the same day oath is high. But everything could happen, look at me “eye rolled”. So be prepare and just book the flight for the next day. 

18 hours ago, Waitn said:

Mine was descheduled on feb 22 and no update till now.. I was told that all I have do is wait 

I129F sent : 20/12/2013

I129f received: 26/1/2013

NOA1 notification: 01/01/2014 heart.gifheart.gif

Alien registration number changed :03/01/2014

NOA2 notification: 04/02/2014

Case number: 14/02/2014heart.gifheart.gif

Embassy recieved: 19/02/2014

Fee paid: 26/02/2014

P3 recieved: 03/03/2014

P3 sent: 04/03/2014

Interview day : 07/05/2014goofy.gifgoofy.gif

18 hours ago, AHG said:

Congrats Ryan,

This is great news...Why did they delay you till 12? was there alot of people?

Do you mind sharing some of the questions they asked? Since they did not get you on the same day oath, do you know how long it takes to get you scheduled for one?

Yes. There were a lot of people waiting. Writing Test is: The flag is red white and blue. Questions for civic test: 1. Name one us territory. 2. Who lived in America before the Europeans arrived? 3.Name one branch of us government. Forget the other 3 questions. I was told that I will probably get my oath letter in two weeks. The scheduled time will be two weeks after the time when letter is sent.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ryan6 said:

Yes. There were a lot of people waiting. Writing Test is: The flag is red white and blue. Questions for civic test: 1. Name one us territory. 2. Who lived in America before the Europeans arrived? 3.Name one branch of us government. Forget the other 3 questions. I was told that I will probably get my oath letter in two weeks. The scheduled time will be two weeks after the time when letter is sent.

Thanks Ryan, 
Very helpful and once again congrats and best of luck with your life as a citizen :)

On 4/1/2019 at 7:01 PM, AHG said:

You should hear from them by next week if not end of this week. My submission date is Feb 16 and got my interview scheduled for May 1.

You're next in line

OMG, You were right, I was just about to go to bed and I thought I would check and see if there was an update and I was surprised to see this :

We scheduled your interview

View your letter on your documents tab for the interview date, time, and location

Note: It may take up to a few days for your letter to show on your documents tab.

Yaay, Now I am waiting for the letter to show up :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

Hi, everyone!

I had my combined interview this morning for ROC and Citizenship. My scheduled time was 8am, and I checked in at 7:58 because of traffic and preparing the baby in the morning. I would recommend for you to get at least 30 mins before your time, since there were already ~30 people waiting. When it was time for my number to come up around 9am, officers just skipped it. At around 9:50 I was called, and the officer was very apologetic about the delay, and she explained that it was because of my case and that they had to prepare more for the double interview. I asked if my wife and daughter should come in, but she said they were just going to wave that part, so no.

I got officer Biesler(?). She was very nice and easy going, even allowing time for jokes, both laughing a few times. She had me read from the iPad "Where is the White House?" and I had to write "The White House is in Washington, D.C."

As for the questions, even though they're random, they were

1. What does freedom of religion mean?

2. Name a war that the US was in in the 1900s.

3. Who's the Governor of my state?

4. Name one power of the Federal Government.

That's all I remember.

My citizenship got approved and my ROC was recommended for approval, so no same day oath. She gave me the choice of receiving an oath notice from 2-6 weeks, or setting it for May 3rd at the Tacoma Union Station. I chose the latter.

Overall a very relaxed experience. Just lame that they have to ask ALL the questions from your form again, but so is life.

My online status has not changed from "interview scheduled" as of now, in case you were wondering.

22 minutes ago, CLWA said:

Hi, everyone!

I had my combined interview this morning for ROC and Citizenship. My scheduled time was 8am, and I checked in at 7:58 because of traffic and preparing the baby in the morning. I would recommend for you to get at least 30 mins before your time, since there were already ~30 people waiting. When it was time for my number to come up around 9am, officers just skipped it. At around 9:50 I was called, and the officer was very apologetic about the delay, and she explained that it was because of my case and that they had to prepare more for the double interview. I asked if my wife and daughter should come in, but she said they were just going to wave that part, so no.

I got officer Biesler(?). She was very nice and easy going, even allowing time for jokes, both laughing a few times. She had me read from the iPad "Where is the White House?" and I had to write "The White House is in Washington, D.C."

As for the questions, even though they're random, they were

1. What does freedom of religion mean?

2. Name a war that the US was in in the 1900s.

3. Who's the Governor of my state?

4. Name one power of the Federal Government.

That's all I remember.

My citizenship got approved and my ROC was recommended for approval, so no same day oath. She gave me the choice of receiving an oath notice from 2-6 weeks, or setting it for May 3rd at the Tacoma Union Station. I chose the latter.

Overall a very relaxed experience. Just lame that they have to ask ALL the questions from your form again, but so is life.

My online status has not changed from "interview scheduled" as of now, in case you were wondering.

Congrats!  Surprised she could schedule your oath with your ROC 'recommended for approval'.  Did she print it out for you, or are they going to mail it to you?

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Curve said:

Congrats!  Surprised she could schedule your oath with your ROC 'recommended for approval'.  Did she print it out for you, or are they going to mail it to you?

Mail it. She said she didn't see anything wrong with my case, so everything should go smoothly.

Timeline
1 minute ago, CLWA said:

Mail it. She said she didn't see anything wrong with my case, so everything should go smoothly.

Sorry. She printed the instructions with the date for the Oath on it and parking and blabla. I will also get something on the mail confirming the date and the form I need to bring.

Timeline
On 4/3/2019 at 2:49 AM, SqueakyBed said:

OMG, You were right, I was just about to go to bed and I thought I would check and see if there was an update and I was surprised to see this :

We scheduled your interview

View your letter on your documents tab for the interview date, time, and location

Note: It may take up to a few days for your letter to show on your documents tab.

Yaay, Now I am waiting for the letter to show up :)

That's great. Congrats on getting your interview.

The letter takes couple of days by mail, but you should have it in your online account the next day. Best of luck with the interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.