Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Pachaking said:

Congrats. We filed ROC Sept. '17 and N400 Sept. '18, so there is hope!

For sure.!!! Py6 is almost done!

I think that only you, Washingtonian and I are still the "old" 2017 combo filers.

I am super happy that at least one of us is gone!

Have a great night!

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 2/26/2020 at 2:56 AM, PK_ said:

For the N-400 without ROC, the wait time is currently at around 12 months and slowly decreasing. 

Whats the source of this deduction ? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
16 hours ago, GermanG said:

MY VERY HEARTFELT CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also thank you so much for sharing with us....I am also an old "veteran" combo filer (November 2017 ROC and October 2018 N400) so you opened the door of hope for us!!!!

Please keep up updated on the details...I was checking like crazy my email box but still nothing. I filed almost one month after you!

Big hug and congratulations again!:)

Thank you very much! I was really surprised when I woke up the other day and saw the "we took action on your case" email from USCIS. To be honest I was expecting May to June for that 20 month mark. Looks like they didn't forget us haha. Probably because our I-751 case took longer at NBC, causing the delay for N400. But I think you guys are very close. Hang on guys! The journey is almost over.

2015-03-23 AOS filed

2015-12-29 AOS approved

2017-10-03 I-751 filed

2018-10-02 N400 filed

2020-07-16 I-751 & N400 approved. Sworn in as a US citizen.

2020-07-16 Registered to vote & applied for passport

2020-07-20 Voted!

#VoteLikeYourLifeDependsOnIt

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 2/27/2020 at 7:51 PM, GermanG said:

For sure.!!! Py6 is almost done!

I think that only you, Washingtonian and I are still the "old" 2017 combo filers.

I am super happy that at least one of us is gone!

Have a great night!

ADD MEEE TOO

11 minutes ago, Can-thePNWhobbies said:

ADD MEEE TOO

Added to the moratorium list. I think we are around 4-5 people from 2017 (at least that participate).

On 2/27/2020 at 5:34 PM, py6 said:

My estimated completion date was Dec 2019 and then Jan 2020 and then Feb 2020 and it went away. I'm a Oct 2018 filer. And I just got a notice of interview scheduled. My guess the interview is probably at the end of March. If I get the chance to do same-day oath, my case would be finished by the end of March, so total about close to 18 months, about 2 months later than their estimated completion time.

Congrats!!!

I'm also a combo filer and it seemed that my dates are older than yours (I-751 June 2017, N-400 July 2018).

Still got nothing from USCIS. 

I've submitted multiple inquires online, through lawyer, through Senator as well. Still nothing :(

Only response I got was that "Our records indicate that your Form I-751 and Form N-400 are currently pending and will be adjudicated at the same time."

Not really sure how USCIS works here. 

Timeline
14 hours ago, cttd said:

Congrats!!!

I'm also a combo filer and it seemed that my dates are older than yours (I-751 June 2017, N-400 July 2018).

Still got nothing from USCIS. 

I've submitted multiple inquires online, through lawyer, through Senator as well. Still nothing :(

Only response I got was that "Our records indicate that your Form I-751 and Form N-400 are currently pending and will be adjudicated at the same time."

Not really sure how USCIS works here. 

I honestly don't know. There are Nov 2018 combo filers that finished couple months ago. Their cases might have moved faster. Maybe their background checks or I-751 processing at NBC went through faster.

Edited by py6

2015-03-23 AOS filed

2015-12-29 AOS approved

2017-10-03 I-751 filed

2018-10-02 N400 filed

2020-07-20 Voted!

1 hour ago, py6 said:

I honestly don't know. There are Nov 2018 combo filers that finished couple months ago. Their cases might have moved faster. Maybe their background checks or I-751 processing at NBC went through faster.

By the way, I am curious..does the background check depend on how fast your home country clears it? (I'd rather be buying a rocking chair if that's the case...they are in the middle of the summer so burocracy reigns over there..)😳

Timeline
2 minutes ago, GermanG said:

By the way, I am curious..does the background check depend on how fast your home country clears it? (I'd rather be buying a rocking chair if that's the case...they are in the middle of the summer so burocracy reigns over there..)😳

I doubt that. I don't think they'll be in touch with your home country about it. 

2015-03-23 AOS filed

2015-12-29 AOS approved

2017-10-03 I-751 filed

2018-10-02 N400 filed

2020-07-20 Voted!

Timeline

I just received the letter in mail. Interview scheduled on March 10th.

2015-03-23 AOS filed

2015-12-29 AOS approved

2017-10-03 I-751 filed

2018-10-02 N400 filed

2020-07-20 Voted!

Timeline

Do you guys know what I should bring for the combo interview? The notice letter only mentioned N400 and evidence required for N400 application. It made no mention of what I needed to bring for I-751. I would assume that they would do I-751 first and then N400.

2015-03-23 AOS filed

2015-12-29 AOS approved

2017-10-03 I-751 filed

2018-10-02 N400 filed

2020-07-20 Voted!

On 2/29/2020 at 10:39 PM, py6 said:

Do you guys know what I should bring for the combo interview? The notice letter only mentioned N400 and evidence required for N400 application. It made no mention of what I needed to bring for I-751. I would assume that they would do I-751 first and then N400.

Congrats!! 

I would bring all new copy of tax returns since you filed your I-751 (very important), and any updated documentation you have on your marriage (lease/mortgage, life insurance, birth certificate if you have a new child, etc.) 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

Oath Ceremony survival guide:

Ok, had  my oath ceremony last week and here's a few thoughts on how the day went just to make things that bit smoother...

- I had my notification the day before, I'm not sure if it's different for those who get their's in the mail, but there's this form you have to fill in to take into the ceremony. So if you don't have a form asking some basic questions like 'have you punched anyone or stolen anything since your interview' then ask for that at the counter and fill it in.

- On the form, you may be tempted to write 'Tacoma, WA'. Don't, instead write 'Seattle, WA'. I made that mistake and I think a few others did.

- At my ceremony there were people from 52 countries totaling about 110 immigrants plus one or two from their family or friends. Just a fun fact. Apparently that was one of their bigger crowds.

- You don't get to sit with your friends/family. They sit at the back, you sit at the front. But, my tip is to have your person/s sit near the edge of their isle with a spare seat next to them. You'll be bored out of your mind if you're up early and have to wait it out. Which brings me to my next point...

- If you sit on the first row of seats, you'll be up first. What does 'be up' mean? well you have to take the form you just filled in (and your greencard) and, along with all the other applicants, get in a line and hand it in to someone on the stage. Then you hand over your greencard, check that the info on your naturalization certificate is up to date/current and grab a little info pack before sitting back down.

- If you sit on the far side of the theater on the first row, you'll be the first person up! (assuming they don't switch it up for each ceremony). 

- Like I say, if you're up early/first, you'll be sat for an hour with no one to talk to and it's fiercely boring. So take water, make sure you're phone is fully charged (mine wasn't!) and see if you can sneak back to sit with your fam.

- After that you all get to say your oath/pledge/anthem etc. (don't worry, almost no one, including the officers on stage, sang along. I was worried about having to sing 😛 )

- You'll be asked to memorize the last 3 digits of your Alien number because that's how they'll assign you your certificate at the end. And because you'll no longer have your greencard, you won't be able to check it.

- At the end you'll be split into about 4 groups to claim your certificate e.g. AR numbers 000-200 go over there, 201-400 go over there etc.
- Then you can take your pic on the stage, next to the flag and and all that jazz.
- You  can't leave until you wear a red headband, smoke a cigar and do an air-guitar solo while eating a quadruple cheeseburger. Just kidding.

Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
17 minutes ago, trandy said:

Oath Ceremony survival guide:

Ok, had  my oath ceremony last week and here's a few thoughts on how the day went just to make things that bit smoother...

- I had my notification the day before, I'm not sure if it's different for those who get their's in the mail, but there's this form you have to fill in to take into the ceremony. So if you don't have a form asking some basic questions like 'have you punched anyone or stolen anything since your interview' then ask for that at the counter and fill it in.

- On the form, you may be tempted to write 'Tacoma, WA'. Don't, instead write 'Seattle, WA'. I made that mistake and I think a few others did.

- At my ceremony there were people from 52 countries totaling about 110 immigrants plus one or two from their family or friends. Just a fun fact. Apparently that was one of their bigger crowds.

- You don't get to sit with your friends/family. They sit at the back, you sit at the front. But, my tip is to have your person/s sit near the edge of their isle with a spare seat next to them. You'll be bored out of your mind if you're up early and have to wait it out. Which brings me to my next point...

- If you sit on the first row of seats, you'll be up first. What does 'be up' mean? well you have to take the form you just filled in (and your greencard) and, along with all the other applicants, get in a line and hand it in to someone on the stage. Then you hand over your greencard, check that the info on your naturalization certificate is up to date/current and grab a little info pack before sitting back down.

- If you sit on the far side of the theater on the first row, you'll be the first person up! (assuming they don't switch it up for each ceremony). 

- Like I say, if you're up early/first, you'll be sat for an hour with no one to talk to and it's fiercely boring. So take water, make sure you're phone is fully charged (mine wasn't!) and see if you can sneak back to sit with your fam.

- After that you all get to say your oath/pledge/anthem etc. (don't worry, almost no one, including the officers on stage, sang along. I was worried about having to sing 😛 )

- You'll be asked to memorize the last 3 digits of your Alien number because that's how they'll assign you your certificate at the end. And because you'll no longer have your greencard, you won't be able to check it.

- At the end you'll be split into about 4 groups to claim your certificate e.g. AR numbers 000-200 go over there, 201-400 go over there etc.
- Then you can take your pic on the stage, next to the flag and and all that jazz.
- You  can't leave until you wear a red headband, smoke a cigar and do an air-guitar solo while eating a quadruple cheeseburger. Just kidding.

Good luck!

Thank you for the great tips @trandy. Are you able to apply for your passport at the ceremony location?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.