Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

Hello y'all are the timelines (in general) for when the application was submitted based on the completion of 5 years or the ability to apply 90 calendar days before reaching the 5 years after green card (or three years for eligibility based on marriage to a US Citizen).

My understanding is that USCIS accepts applications 90 calendar days prior and completes biometrics but does not processing the case until the applicant becomes fully eligible. Asking because this would provide an idea on processing times :)

Spoiler

Hello y'all are the timelines (in general) for when the application was submitted based on the completion of 5 years or the ability to apply 90 calendar days before reaching the 5 years after green card (or three years for eligibility based on marriage to a US Citizen).

My understanding is that USCIS accepts applications 90 calendar days prior and completes biometrics but does not processing the case until the applicant becomes fully eligible. Asking because this would provide an idea on processing times :)

Based on the date you apply -- regardless of 90 days earlier or later.  Hope that helps 🙂

Edited by costa85

24 minutes ago, costa85 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

My understanding is that USCIS accepts applications 90 calendar days prior and completes biometrics but does not processing the case until the applicant becomes fully eligible. Asking because this would provide an idea on processing times :)

Based on the date you apply -- regardless of 90 days earlier or later.  Hope that helps 🙂

Yes. Thanks!

Got a notification of my interview today. But when I signed in I couldn't see a letter yet. So I am not sure when is my interview scheduled ? 

I am afraid if the date of the interview falls on the same days of my international trip. If this is the case, what should I do ? 

Also my case completion time still says until May 2020. Does that seem inaccurate then since my interview got scheduled already. 

How long does it usually take from the interview to the oath ceremony to be able to have my US passport ? If my Interview in February, then what is the estimated time for having my passport ?  planning for a trip to Europe in June. Would I be able to get all done before June ? 

8 hours ago, Dantrolene said:

How long does it usually take from the interview to the oath ceremony to be able to have my US passport ? If my Interview in February, then what is the estimated time for having my passport ?  planning for a trip to Europe in June. Would I be able to get all done before June ? 

You will get the Certificate of Naturalization at the oath ceremony, and you can apply for the US passport on the next day. You can get the passport as quickly as on the same day if you have a proof of urgent travel. Follow the chart at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/how-apply/where-to-apply.html to see where and which category you will need to apply. 

Edited by PK_

36 minutes ago, PK_ said:

You will get the Certificate of Naturalization at the oath ceremony, and you can apply for the US passport on the next day. You can get the passport as quickly as on the same day if you have a proof of urgent travel. Follow the chart at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/how-apply/where-to-apply.html to see where and which category you will need to apply. 

Sweet thanks. And how long it takes from the interview until ceremony Oath ? Can both be done the same day?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, Dantrolene said:

Sweet thanks. And how long it takes from the interview until ceremony Oath ? Can both be done the same day?

Depends on the time of your interview and the interview officer. If you are lucky you can get it done the same day. Otherwise you might need to wait a few weeks.

2015-03-23 AOS filed

2015-12-29 AOS approved

2017-10-03 I-751 filed

2018-10-02 N400 filed

2020-07-16 I-751 & N400 approved. Sworn in as a US citizen.

2020-07-16 Registered to vote & applied for passport

2020-07-20 Voted!

#VoteLikeYourLifeDependsOnIt

16 hours ago, py6 said:

Depends on the time of your interview and the interview officer. If you are lucky you can get it done the same day. Otherwise you might need to wait a few weeks.

So my official interview is now on Feb 24th at 10:10 am.  Do you think they may schedule me for oath ceremony the same day?  Will they take my Green Card the day of the interview or  the day of the ceremony? 

The delimma is I have planned a Mexico Cancun trip with my wife on Feb 24th. And I don't want to reschedule my interview. So what I will do is to send my wife to Mexico on the 24th, and I will catch a flight on the 25th. I am afraid if they took my GC, then I won't be able to access Mexico ?  If I do the ceremony the same day of my Interview, they will give me the naturalization certificate, right ? Will the naturalization certificate serve the same purpose for travel as the green card when entering Mexcio or returning to the US? 

What should I do if they gave me the option to attend ceremony the same day or at a later time ? And what time they usually conduct the ceremony in Seattle, Afternoon or evening or night time? And how long it lasts?  So I catch a flight at night after the ceremony if that is the case. 

Thanks and looking forward to hearing your informative inputs :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
4 hours ago, Dantrolene said:

So my official interview is now on Feb 24th at 10:10 am.  Do you think they may schedule me for oath ceremony the same day?  Will they take my Green Card the day of the interview or  the day of the ceremony? 

The delimma is I have planned a Mexico Cancun trip with my wife on Feb 24th. And I don't want to reschedule my interview. So what I will do is to send my wife to Mexico on the 24th, and I will catch a flight on the 25th. I am afraid if they took my GC, then I won't be able to access Mexico ?  If I do the ceremony the same day of my Interview, they will give me the naturalization certificate, right ? Will the naturalization certificate serve the same purpose for travel as the green card when entering Mexcio or returning to the US? 

What should I do if they gave me the option to attend ceremony the same day or at a later time ? And what time they usually conduct the ceremony in Seattle, Afternoon or evening or night time? And how long it lasts?  So I catch a flight at night after the ceremony if that is the case. 

Thanks and looking forward to hearing your informative inputs :)

They wont take away your green card after the interview until the oath. So the easiest option is to ask them not to schedule you for same-day oath. You won't be a US citizen until you finish the oath. And the thing is that same-day oath is never guaranteed, so don't plan for that. You can do the oath once you come back.

Edited by py6

2015-03-23 AOS filed

2015-12-29 AOS approved

2017-10-03 I-751 filed

2018-10-02 N400 filed

2020-07-16 I-751 & N400 approved. Sworn in as a US citizen.

2020-07-16 Registered to vote & applied for passport

2020-07-20 Voted!

#VoteLikeYourLifeDependsOnIt

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
17 minutes ago, py6 said:

They wont take away your green card after the interview until the oath. So the easiest option is to ask them not to schedule you for same-day oath. You won't be a US citizen until you finish the oath. And the thing is that same-day oath is never guaranteed, so don't plan for that. You can do the oath once you come back.

If I were you , I will wait till everything finished, you almost done. I strongly suggestion you NOT to reschedule oath ceremony.

Seattle so super backlog, it might be will take you for long long time to get schedule for oath ceremony.

dealing with USCIS never been easy, faster you can get it done better rather than later. Best wishes

1 hour ago, kylat4n said:

If I were you , I will wait till everything finished, you almost done. I strongly suggestion you NOT to reschedule oath ceremony.

Seattle so super backlog, it might be will take you for long long time to get schedule for oath ceremony.

dealing with USCIS never been easy, faster you can get it done better rather than later. Best wishes

Thank you for your sincere advise.  I am also keen on getting it done and be over with the journey.  My interview is at 10:10 AM. So what are the chances of having my ceremony oath the same day ?  Is that a common practice in Seattle office ? Anyone recently got their oaths done the same day? I also heard if I got interviewed by a junior officer, I gotta wait for a senior officer to approve my application. So chances are very slim to get my oath done the same day, right ?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

I just added my timeline too. Filed september 28, 2018, still nothing. I751 has been pending since 2017 july. 

I am tired of going USCIS office and get extension for my permit.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.