Irene_sss

2018 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE

764 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

All,

My timeline just got updated this weekend. Follows attached. I will request again the NOS from my embassy since it was sent before my package and is still not in the system. 

image.thumb.png.3f8737aaacdaae4654cfc12db2616a84.png

N-400 - Field Office: Phoenix - AZ - 177 Days (+124 days for Passport)

Day 000 - 08/17/22 - Applied Online

Day 000 - 08/17/22 - Biometric Reuse

Day 112 - 12/07/22 - Interview Letter

Day 147 - 01/11/23 - Interview 

Day 177 - 02/10/23 - Oath

Day 301 - 06/14/23 - Passport

ROC - Texas Service Center - Field Office: Phoenix - AZ - 469 Days

Spoiler

Day 000 - 09/29/21 - Sent Mail

Day 001 - 09/30/21 - ROC Delivered

Day 009 - 10/10/21 - NOA Received in the mail

Day 059 - 11/30/21 - Biometrics

Day 323 - 08/18/22 - Case transferred to another office

Day 382 - 10/16/22 - Fingerprints were applied

Day 469 - 01/11/23 - Approval/Interview

AOS - F1 to LPR - Field Office Phoenix - AZ - 212 Days

Spoiler

AOS - F1 to LPR - Field Office Phoenix - AZ

Day 000 - 04/20/19 - Sent Priority Mail (4lb - 12oz, ~700 pages, $19)

Day 001 - 04/24/19 - AOS Delivered

Day 007 - 04/30/19 - Credit Card Charged & Text for NOA.

Day 012 - 05/05/19 - NOA Received in the mail (PD: 04/23/19, RD: 04/23/19)

Day 017 - 05/10/19 - NOA2 Biometrics Appointment (Action Date: 05/03/19)

Day 031 - 05/24/19 - Biometrics Appointment

Day 042 - 06/04/19 - Case Ready to be Scheduled an Interview

Day 160 - 09/27/19 - Interview Scheduled

Day 173 - 10/10/19 - EAD Card in Production

Day 204 - 11/14/19 - Interview Date

Day 204 - 11/14/19 -  Approved and Card in Production

Day 212 - 11/22/19 - Card Received in the Mail

Hi Everyone!

It’s been more than 6 weeks since my favorable recomendation was sent and reveived (sent on Dec 14) received NOA not long after. I have been checking my status online and still no update other than an update of name change. Is this normal? Anyone in this forum got their I-797 approval this late? I am very worried.

14 hours ago, okland said:

All,

My timeline just got updated this weekend. Follows attached. I will request again the NOS from my embassy since it was sent before my package and is still not in the system. 

image.thumb.png.3f8737aaacdaae4654cfc12db2616a84.png

Great news! I hope NOS will be updated soon too! Thanks for update.

Hi all,

>> Here is a complete timeline for J1 waiver until got H1b approved.

>> My case was based on No Objection Statement, and the H1b was filed for premium processing using DOS recommendation letter.

>> It took about 1.5 months from complete documents received by DOS until got H1b approved.

>> I am still waiting to receive the hard copies of J1 waiver and H1b approval in mail.

*************************************************************************************

10/02/2018  : sent my document to DOS and Consulate.

10/03/2018  : Both DOS and consulate received document (FedEx tracking check).

10/17/2018  : 'All document was received' updated on DOS website.

12/14/2018  : Embassy sent No Objection Statement to DOS by EMAIL.

12/18/2018  : 'No Objection Statement was received' Updated on DOS website.

01/07/2019  : DOS sent Recommendation to USCIS.

01/15/2019  : Received Recommendation letter from DOS (mailed from Washington DC to Portland, OR).

01/17/2019  : Filed H1b premium processing petition using the DOS recommendation letter.

(change of status; my J1 visa expires on 01/18 so that was close)

01/17//2019 : USCIS received my case as stated on their online system.

01/25/2019  : Received I-797c (NOA) from USCIS.

01/28/2019  : J1 waiver was approved.

01/30/2019  : H1b was approved.

**************************************************************************************

Good luck everyone!

Edited by GKT

32 minutes ago, GKT said:

Hi all,

>> Here is a complete timeline for J1 waiver until got H1b approved.

>> My case was based on No Objection Statement, and the H1b was filed for premium processing using DOS recommendation letter.

>> It took about 1.5 months from complete documents received by DOS until got H1b approved.

>> I am still waiting to receive the hard copies of J1 waiver and H1b approval in mail.

*************************************************************************************

10/02/2018  : sent my document to DOS and Consulate.

10/03/2018  : Both DOS and consulate received document (FedEx tracking check).

10/17/2018  : 'All document was received' updated on DOS website.

12/14/2018  : Embassy sent No Objection Statement to DOS by EMAIL.

12/18/2018  : 'No Objection Statement was received' Updated on DOS website.

01/07/2019  : DOS sent Recommendation to USCIS.

01/15/2019  : Received Recommendation letter from DOS (mailed from Washington DC to Portland, OR).

01/17/2019  : Filed H1b premium processing petition using the DOS recommendation letter.

(change of status; my J1 visa expires on 01/18 so that was close)

01/17//2019 : USCIS received my case as stated on their online system.

01/25/2019  : Received I-797c (NOA) from USCIS.

01/28/2019  : J1 waiver was approved.

01/30/2019  : H1b was approved.

**************************************************************************************

Good luck everyone!

This is GOOD NEWS!!! Thank you for sharing! Few questions. I am currently in dilemma. Recommendation was sent on December 14. My case status online has not been updated since January 7 and I have not received my I-797 approval notice yet. However when I called USCIS, apparently, the agent told me, I have been approved on January 7 and an approval notice was sent on January 17. I did not receive it so it's floating somewhere in the universe since my lawyer and employer doesn't have it as well. My question are: How did you find out about your approval? Where was your I-797 sent-- to you personally, your lawyer, or employer? How were you able to apply for premium processing without the I-797? If there's too much question please feel free to contact me personally: email add: mariekatrinatan@gmail.com I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Katykats_md said:

This is GOOD NEWS!!! Thank you for sharing! Few questions. I am currently in dilemma. Recommendation was sent on December 14. My case status online has not been updated since January 7 and I have not received my I-797 approval notice yet. However when I called USCIS, apparently, the agent told me, I have been approved on January 7 and an approval notice was sent on January 17. I did not receive it so it's floating somewhere in the universe since my lawyer and employer doesn't have it as well. My question are: How did you find out about your approval? Where was your I-797 sent-- to you personally, your lawyer, or employer? How were you able to apply for premium processing without the I-797? If there's too much question please feel free to contact me personally: email add: mariekatrinatan@gmail.com I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Hi Katykats_md,

1) How did you find out about your approval?

>> I found it out on USCIS online. You should received I-797c from USCIS (or from the USCIS agent) that provides you a case number. Then you may use the case number to check status online at https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

(There is a newer website at https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/, where one has to create an account. Both website works for me)

2) Where was your I-797 sent-- to you personally, your lawyer, or employer?

>> I haven't received the hardcopy of I-797 (final J1 waiver if that's what you meant).

I assume it will be sent to me because I did not assign a lawyer for the waiver application (only assigned a lawyer for H1b petition).

Interestingly, I-797c was mailed to my residency address although I provided a different mailing address.

Anyway, you can always change address on the USCIS website link listed above.

3) How were you able to apply for premium processing without the I-797?

>> This issue had been discussed previously in this forum, see pages 43-44.

>> Basically for my case, (a) my employer is cap-exempt and eligible for the premium processing, (b) I was still in the USA with a valid visa so I can file H1b petition simply using the DOS letter.

>> Here is a simple logic behind it:

Since USCIS has to respond within 15 calendar days for H1b premium processing, once H1b petition is received,

USCIS will *typically* approve final waiver (I-797) first and then approve H1b (as you can see on my timeline as well).

Hope it helps.

Hi Hi Katykats_md,,

Just an update, I just received the hard copy of final waiver (I-797).

So basically the I-797c was mailed last week to my residential address (instead of the mailing address that I put on DOS waiver application form).

Then I went to USCIS website and key in again the mailing address.

I-797 (final waiver) was delivered to the mailing address, i.e. not to residential address this time.

In short, it seems that USCIS letters can be mailed to either residential or mailing address that you put on DOS waiver application form.

1 minute ago, GKT said:

Hi Hi Katykats_md,,

Just an update, I just received the hard copy of final waiver (I-797).

So basically the I-797c was mailed last week to my residential address (instead of the mailing address that I put on DOS waiver application form).

Then I went to USCIS website and key in again the mailing address.

I-797 (final waiver) was delivered to the mailing address, i.e. not to residential address this time.

In short, it seems that USCIS letters can be mailed to either residential or mailing address that you put on DOS waiver application form.

Thank you so much. The newer website actually had more up to date information about my case. It still says my case was approved and they have mailed a duplicate copy. I guess I just have to wait for it in the mail. It's just frustrating that neither I or my lawyer did not know I was approved a long time ago!!! In the meantime, my lawyer should start my H1B premium processing, right? And by the way, my employer is also cap exempt, FQHC and I applied under IGA (Interested Government Agency). 

28 minutes ago, Katykats_md said:

Thank you so much. The newer website actually had more up to date information about my case. It still says my case was approved and they have mailed a duplicate copy. I guess I just have to wait for it in the mail. It's just frustrating that neither I or my lawyer did not know I was approved a long time ago!!! In the meantime, my lawyer should start my H1B premium processing, right? And by the way, my employer is also cap exempt, FQHC and I applied under IGA (Interested Government Agency). 

Just be aware that it might take some time to prepare/gather necessary documents for H1b petition, so it is better to start it even before receiving I-797 (final waiver).

For my case, I actually asked my lawyer to get everything ready in-advanced, so that we could submit the petition as soon as I received the DOS letter.

If you are in a really desperate situation, probably can check with your lawyer if it is ok just simply use the snapshot of USCIS website showing case approved.

The worst scenario is that you will receive a RFE later asking for the hard copy of I-797, and hopefully you will receive it by then and can just submit it.

(After receiving RFE reply, USCIS will respond again within 15 calendar days)

As for the case status, I actually checked it online on USCIS website everyday (no, I was not nervous at all ;p).

You may also sign up for email or text alert on the newer USCIS website.

Edited by GKT

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 1/28/2019 at 10:02 PM, JWaiver_2019 said:

Great news! I hope NOS will be updated soon too! Thanks for update.

Just received an answer from the DoS. My NOS was indeed not received. Just asked my embassy to fax them the NOS again.

N-400 - Field Office: Phoenix - AZ - 177 Days (+124 days for Passport)

Day 000 - 08/17/22 - Applied Online

Day 000 - 08/17/22 - Biometric Reuse

Day 112 - 12/07/22 - Interview Letter

Day 147 - 01/11/23 - Interview 

Day 177 - 02/10/23 - Oath

Day 301 - 06/14/23 - Passport

ROC - Texas Service Center - Field Office: Phoenix - AZ - 469 Days

Spoiler

Day 000 - 09/29/21 - Sent Mail

Day 001 - 09/30/21 - ROC Delivered

Day 009 - 10/10/21 - NOA Received in the mail

Day 059 - 11/30/21 - Biometrics

Day 323 - 08/18/22 - Case transferred to another office

Day 382 - 10/16/22 - Fingerprints were applied

Day 469 - 01/11/23 - Approval/Interview

AOS - F1 to LPR - Field Office Phoenix - AZ - 212 Days

Spoiler

AOS - F1 to LPR - Field Office Phoenix - AZ

Day 000 - 04/20/19 - Sent Priority Mail (4lb - 12oz, ~700 pages, $19)

Day 001 - 04/24/19 - AOS Delivered

Day 007 - 04/30/19 - Credit Card Charged & Text for NOA.

Day 012 - 05/05/19 - NOA Received in the mail (PD: 04/23/19, RD: 04/23/19)

Day 017 - 05/10/19 - NOA2 Biometrics Appointment (Action Date: 05/03/19)

Day 031 - 05/24/19 - Biometrics Appointment

Day 042 - 06/04/19 - Case Ready to be Scheduled an Interview

Day 160 - 09/27/19 - Interview Scheduled

Day 173 - 10/10/19 - EAD Card in Production

Day 204 - 11/14/19 - Interview Date

Day 204 - 11/14/19 -  Approved and Card in Production

Day 212 - 11/22/19 - Card Received in the Mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.