Irene_sss

2018 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE

764 posts in this topic

Just now, plasma said:

Thanks GKT!

I already have my DOS letter so I will start a new conversation with my attorney about that. I am currently waiting to hear from USCIS about my H1B but I am not cleared to proceed with premium processing. I am also waiting to apply for AOS as I need the waiver for that (already have my PERM and I-140). I wonder if that is valid for my GC process as well. Good questions for the attorney.

Well thank you sir.

Edit: I am currently working in the US on OPT.

Hi Plasma,

You are welcome.

Note that this (H1b+DOS letter) petition only works best for those who are eligible for a premium processing, because USCIS has to process the application within 14 calendar days.

See also a reply from one member "J1waiver2018" (pge 40) regarding this issue:

"Yes, that's what they are saying. They can only file your H1B once they have the letter from the DOS. However, they can file it during the grace period - which I believe would protect you from an illegal situation, but as I said previously, you would be stuck in the US until the H1B is processed. Considering that you *can* apply for premium processing, it wouldn't be a bad situation. If I were you, I would wait until the last day of the grace period anyway. If your letter arrives, they can file the H1B  right away therefore you would avoid consular processing. If it doesn't arrive or they fail to file the petition, you leave the country without putting yourself in an illegal situation."

Personally I think there is no standard answer for all cases, and it really depends on each situation/case.

Kindly share with us what your attorney suggest for your situation/case.

Good luck.

Cheers

just seen the favorable recommendation on the status tracking website. below is my final timeline in the hope that it can be helpful for future applicants

Department of State Advisory Opinion Finding: Favorable Recommendation

Item Action Date
Recommendation Sent January, 09 2019
No Objection Statement Received October, 08 2018
Fee Received September, 25 2018
Form DS-3035 Received September, 25 2018
Form DS-2019 Received September, 25 2018
Passport Data Page Received September, 25 2018
Statement Of Reason Received September, 25 2018

IGA waiver physician here, my lawyer just submitted my h1b application (still waiting for my j1 waiver from uscis, recommendation sent by DOS early dec) just wondering if anyone has any experience with the timeline for H1B premium processing (how long does it take for them to receive documents and actually process it, is it really processed within 15 calendar days (or is it sooner) before they send the documents over?)

Edited by Waiveriga

Just to give people here some light - my waiver was finally approved.

Here's the timeline:

28-Aug-2018 - Package shipped to DOS 

30-Aug-2018 - Package delivered
12-Sep-2018 - Documents received on DOS website
25-Sep-2018 - No Objection Statement received on DOS website
02-Nov-2018 - Recommendation Sent

07-Nov-2018 - Case Accepted By The USCIS Lockbox
07-Jan-2019 - Case Was Approved

Best of luck for y'all. Do the right things and believe it will work!

Filed: O-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
On 1/7/2019 at 3:04 AM, GIP said:

Hi,

Has anyone seen updates on they waiver application since the shutdown started? I applied for the waiver based on no objection, with the timeline below.

My timing seems to be within the estimates, but I wanted to know if anyone has seen any activity on their process recently (documents received, recommendations sent, etc.)

Is anyone out there with a similar timeline?

Capture.JPG

Thank you all!

Hi GIP, In my case DOS also received my NOS on 13 Nov and I received a favorable recommendation on 10 Jan 2019.

Timeline

Hello Friends,

With my waiver application, I submitted self-addressed envelopes from UPS. Was it a wrong decision, I am asking as I have not received any information whether my favorable recommendation was posted or not. 

Hi all,

It has been one week since "favorable recommendation" shown on my waiver status online on 7 Jan 2019.

However, I haven't received the hardcopy of DOS letter as of today 14th Jan (FYI, I am living at Portland, OR).

My questions are:

1) The self-address envelope that I used was a standard-sized envelope with USD 0.50 stamp from USPS.

For those who have received the DOS letter, is this postage enough?

2) Also, I tried to email 212ewaiver@state.gov asking for an electronic copy of the DOS letter, but received no response.

Has anything tried and managed to get an electronic copy from them?

Thank you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
14 hours ago, GKT said:

Hi all,

It has been one week since "favorable recommendation" shown on my waiver status online on 7 Jan 2019.

However, I haven't received the hardcopy of DOS letter as of today 14th Jan (FYI, I am living at Portland, OR).

My questions are:

1) The self-address envelope that I used was a standard-sized envelope with USD 0.50 stamp from USPS.

For those who have received the DOS letter, is this postage enough?

2) Also, I tried to email 212ewaiver@state.gov asking for an electronic copy of the DOS letter, but received no response.

Has anything tried and managed to get an electronic copy from them?

Thank you.

I had also $0.50 stamps on my envelopes and received the letter. So it is sufficient.

Timeline
On 1/11/2019 at 10:14 PM, adrian876 said:

Hey friends,

I recently got a favorable recommendation from DOS. What do I do next?Screenshot_20190105-164946__01.thumb.jpg.8e122c02f692df55f5d870935065d6f9.jpg

You donot have to do anything, now the DOS has sent your case to USCIS for final waiver notice. Just wait for it to arrive.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 minutes ago, DS5535-Jeddah-O1A said:

You donot have to do anything, now the DOS has sent your case to USCIS for final waiver notice. Just wait for it to arrive.

Really? Thank you! I was given until January 18 to get approval by my embassy in Jamaica. Do you know if they give extensions because I doubt I'll get the approval by then

Timeline
Just now, adrian876 said:

Really? Thank you! I was given until January 18 to get approval by my embassy in Jamaica. Do you know if they give extensions because I doubt I'll get the approval by then

USCIS timelines are tricky sometimes its really quick and sometimes it may take longer.

On 1/11/2019 at 10:02 AM, Waiveriga said:

IGA waiver physician here, my lawyer just submitted my h1b application (still waiting for my j1 waiver from uscis, recommendation sent by DOS early dec) just wondering if anyone has any experience with the timeline for H1B premium processing (how long does it take for them to receive documents and actually process it, is it really processed within 15 calendar days (or is it sooner) before they send the documents over?)

Hi Waiveriga, there is one post on this forum reported that his H1b premium processing was approved on day 10 after USCIS received the application  (sorry, can't remember which page is the post). 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.