MRika

Meet in person only one time

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I and my fiance have met in person only one time after knowing each other for 3 months. And we are in k1 visa processing now. Does it matter for us that we just meet each other only one time until the interview date? 

Have anyone experienced this and get visa approval? Does it cause visa denial?

Please share me your experiences... thank you  

Edited by MRika

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
6 minutes ago, MRika said:

I and my fiance have met in person only one time after knowing each other for 3 months. And we are in k1 visa processing now. Does it matter for us that we just meet each other only one time until the interview date? 

Have anyone experienced this and get visa approval? Does it cause visa denial?

Please share me your experiences... thank you  

There are a lot of couples who also met once and known each other for a short period of time got engaged and filed for K1 that got approved. Just only make sure you will have strong evidences(proof of ongoing relationship) to present during your interview.

Edited by ShyLucy

Timeline
6 minutes ago, ShyLucy said:

There are a lot of couples who also met once and known each other for a short period of time got engaged and filed for K1 that got approved. Just only make sure you will have strong evidences(proof of ongoing relationship) to present during your interview.

Could u tell me which proof that I need and strongly convince the consular? 

Timeline
Just now, MRika said:

Could u tell me which proof that I need and strongly convince the consular? 

Letters from the family(both sides), friends(congratulating you on your engagement and cant wait to see you in the US), letters from each other, conversations, gifts, western union receipts, phone calls. Etc. 

Timeline

Thank you so much. I already have all of these evidences. But how about chat logs? how many pages do I need to provide? But we rarely call each other we prefer chatting. Is it the matter for us? 

I wonder a lot of thing because I really worry about that. Hope u don't mind 

Timeline
34 minutes ago, MRika said:

Thank you so much. I already have all of these evidences. But how about chat logs? how many pages do I need to provide? But we rarely call each other we prefer chatting. Is it the matter for us? 

Chat logs starts from the day afte you filed the I-129F

7 minutes ago, TNJ17 said:

I think you need stronger communication evidence than chat logs. Phone bills are better. 

She already have some of those. 

Timeline
35 minutes ago, MRika said:

If he can still visit you the second time that would be very nice also. But if cant it’s also fine. Just make sure only to be knowledgeable about the Consulate that the beneficiary will be interviewed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

We have only met in person once so far as well. Definitely planning another trip during the Summer when my kids are out of school.

Thanks for the advice on the proof of an ongoing relationship. I have most of that but may include some more now.

And thanks for asking. It has also been a little bit of a concern for me. But feeling much better after reading through these forums more.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Cambodia is a tough embassy - better go in with loads.

ROC Timeline

Service Center: Vermont

90 Day Window Opened....08/08/17

I-751 Packet Sent..............08/14/17

NO1 Dated.........................

NO1 Received....................

Check Cashed....................

Biometrics Received..........

Biometrics Appointment.....

Approved...........................

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 NOA1: 22 Dec 2014
I-130 NOA2: 25 Jan 2015
NVC Received: 06 Feb 2015
Pay AOS Bill: 07 Mar 2015
Pay IV Bill : 20 Mar 2015
Send IV/AOS Package: 23 Mar 2015
Submit DS-261: 26 Mar 2015
Case Completed at NVC: 24 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Approved: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Received: 03 Oct 2015 

Timeline
3 hours ago, ShyLucy said:

If he can still visit you the second time that would be very nice also. But if cant it’s also fine. Just make sure only to be knowledgeable about the Consulate that the beneficiary will be interviewed.

I'll prepare for the interview. Thank u for ur advices 

1 hour ago, cyclone27 said:

Cambodia is a tough embassy - better go in with loads.

Do u have any advices or experiences to share with me? 

Timeline
3 hours ago, TNJ17 said:

I think you need stronger communication evidence than chat logs. Phone bills are better. 

I just have some because we prefer chatting. Is it possible to prove bonafide relationship? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.