2,033 posts in this topic

On 3/29/2018 at 11:22 AM, alicia leyva said:

Hi, I applied online 3/27/18 and have not receive anything yet :(

Did you check your online account? Have you received anything yet? Good luck, @alicia leyva

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Guatemala
Timeline
5 minutes ago, marynemoga said:

Did you check your online account? Have you received anything yet? Good luck, @alicia leyva

Hello. Yes I received my appointment letter for the biometrics.  April 18...😊

2 minutes ago, alicia leyva said:

Hello. Yes I received my appointment letter for the biometrics.  April 18...😊

Awesome! Hopefully this will move fast

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Guatemala
Timeline
2 minutes ago, marynemoga said:

Awesome! Hopefully this will move fast

Yes, I hope so too. I will try to go for the fingerprints before,  Walk-in. I don't want to wait two more weeks haha. I'm praying to have the interview soon.  

1 hour ago, Bandaria said:

Thank you both for all your help. I was able to complete a walk-in today and it went pretty smoothly.

By the way, was there any update for you in the online portal case updates after biometrics? Should I expect any indication there that my biometrics were completed?

The next update you will get is "we reviewed your biometrics."  From memory it showed up a few days after my biometrics appointment.

Edited by bsp

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
9 hours ago, sydneybaby said:

I used a lawyer and he said that it does really move that much slower as the applications are all scanned in not typed in as Shomer said and so the delay is only at the initial processing center anyway.  The local office doesnt know whether it is an online application or mailed in.  I have an IOE identifier just the same as the people who have filed online.  My lawyer just likes paper.  I mailed it on the 9th March and my biometrics are tomorrow April 4th and so this is around about the same timing as people who have filed online.  I think the speed is more dependent upon other things like the time it takes to get the background check back, some people can take 48 hours while others can take 90 days.  We can definitely monitor it here to see whether mine will be slower by filing vie mail than online, but it hasnt seem to be so far.  My estimated processing time is March 2019 and this is solely based on the fact that Las Vegas is only processing Feb 17 applications now, but I will update once I complete my biometrics and get any update.

Hi Sydneybaby :)

I sent a paper application around March 13th (to Phoenix Lockbox), and my Bio Appt is apparently in the mail, so we'll have to race our N400s :D

Good luck with everything!

Edited by Kwyjibo78

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, marynemoga said:

I'd totally go for the N400. The day after I filed online I got a notification in the mail saying that my RoC had been moved to Texas after 14 months! That's insane! I'm not waiting around. The N400 has to be done at some point so we might as well get it done now. 

Good luck @Luis562

thanks!!! i have my info pass appointment this thursday ill ask there too to see whet they recommends as well

Timeline

Have added my name to the bottom of the list - good luck everyone! :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Oco6EEsyjD9OhKCLK-3Gg9jKlkXWtfwZt01qERnepGE/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Kwyjibo78

3 hours ago, Kwyjibo78 said:

Have added my name to the bottom of the list - good luck everyone! :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Oco6EEsyjD9OhKCLK-3Gg9jKlkXWtfwZt01qERnepGE/edit?usp=sharing

I was entering my info and accidentally changed your Lockbox/online cell. Sorry! I tried to undo but it didn't work.

Timeline
1 minute ago, marynemoga said:

I was entering my info and accidentally changed your Lockbox/online cell. Sorry! I tried to undo but it didn't work.

No worries, thanks for letting me know! All the best with your application :)

4 hours ago, Luis562 said:

thanks!!! i have my info pass appointment this thursday ill ask there too to see whet they recommends as well

IO officers generally aren't allowed to recommend n400 in case your ROC would fail which is a 0.0001% chance. They will just tell you the current status of your case and when it will most likely be adjudicated and of course give you a stamp. But it's probably a good idea to do n400 right now so you can be done with uscis as soon as possible.

Edited by corvusheart

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 4/2/2018 at 10:12 PM, mattj74 said:

Why do people mail them in when you can do it online (where they can flag up errors and ensure that your submission is correct) and it must be much faster to submit, not to mention not having to go through the hassle of mailing.  I"m honestly curious why all applications aren't required to be done online these days?

Because I didn't actually realize I could do it online. I'm very technology literate and would have done it online if I came across these info about online vs mailed. I may have read it on the instructions in passing but didn't give it much thought. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, marianav said:

Because I didn't actually realize I could do it online. I'm very technology literate and would have done it online if I came across these info about online vs mailed. I may have read it on the instructions in passing but didn't give it much thought. 

Same boat, here. I would most certainly have done it all online, but by the time I realized it was possible I had already typed all the data into the PDF, and, well, I guess I was too lazy to re-do it, haha.

Timeline
14 hours ago, Kwyjibo78 said:

Hi Sydneybaby :)

I sent a paper application around March 13th (to Phoenix Lockbox), and my Bio Appt is apparently in the mail, so we'll have to race our N400s :D

Good luck with everything!

same to you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.