2,033 posts in this topic

On 10/25/2018 at 6:45 AM, Lu & Soso said:

What a day! Yesterday was my N-400 interview. Things didn't start good, and it was my fault. I arrived 20 minutes after my scheduled appointment. When my IO called me, which is apparent that she had tried before, she was not happy at all. I decided, at that time not to request to be joined by my wife and newborn because I did want to subject them to any tension. While walking to her office, she asked why I was late and firstly, I apologized and explained . She is one of the most consummate professionals I have encountered. She didn't waste no time, advised me of every step she was about to take. We went through the civic test, and here are the questions she asked; What is the national anthem called?, What took place on September, 11, 2001?, What ocean is on the west coast of USA?, Which war did Dwight Eisenhower fight on?, Who does a US Senator represent? We went through sentence reading and writing. She went through everything that I filled in my N-400 application; and verified, I mean, name, birth date, address, work, international visits to those YES or NO questions. When she finished, she asked for additional updated information since my last interview, which was in July, for I-751. I submitted my current (2017) taxes, recent auto insurance, life policy I took last year which we never requested in my last interview. She asked for updated bank statements, and unfortunately I didn't bring. My other mistake was to bring the original taxes without making copies. She advised me that she couldn't make a decision about my case until she receives copies of my taxes, bank statements, and I was given a month to mail or a possibility of my case being dismissed. I requested to submit them within an hour and she liked the idea. That's the first time I sensed her warm nature, because we went through the interview so fast after my late arrival and she was just all professional.  She told me to submit those documents with the receptionist. We left and I asked the security guard for the nearest printing business, and  was directed to UPS which was not far. I made copies and accessed my banks online and made copies of current statements. My online case status was already showing that RFE (needed more information). 

We need more information from you

View your letter on your documents tab for more information. You must respond with your document(s) on or before the date in your letter or your application may be denied.

I submitted those documents and was given a receipt by the receptionist. When I got home, my USCIS App notified me that:

Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt Number IOEXXXXXXXXXX, with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony. You should receive your notice within 30 days of its mailing date. 

What a surprise and joy because I was beating myself for everything that led to a delay in deciding my case. My story is a combination of PATIENCE, WHAT NOT TO DO, DETERMINATION TO MAKE UP FOR MISTAKES and RESILIENCE UNDER THE STORM. I want to take this opportunity to thank those contributing members of this community, because you have given me so much SUPPORT, HOPE and KNOWLEDGE, though your own stories and advice. I also want to extend APPRECIATION and THANKS for those professional IOs who have made this journey worth every step, especially in our anguish because of protracted delays in adjudication. It has been a long road, 2 years and 2 months, for I-751 and 7 months for N-400. I hope my story will help those facing similar challenges to keep your head because there is hope and this road will come to an end. This is my current online status:

We approved your application

Your final step to becoming a citizen is to attend your naturalization ceremony

We will mail you a letter when we schedule your naturalization ceremony.

This journey is finally over!

Hey there. Did you get the day of naturalization ceremony? My status just changed to " the oath ceremony will scheduled " in early morning today after 2 days I got the interview. I dont know how long I will get the physical letter..

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Just got a text update on my phone that my Interview has been scheduled!! Eagerly awaiting my letter in the mail to know the date :D

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I finally got Oaths Ceremony scheduled !! My N400 is at final step !!! 

But my 751 application is still sleeping 😴 lol. 

Happy day !!! Happy Halloween day !!! 

🎉🥂😁

Edited by RN_SUN

Adjusting from K1 to ?? PR :star:

• 03.21.2014 : Got K1 VISA in hand :thumbs:
  • 04.13. 2014 : Said goodbye to TORONTO, Canada :cry:
  • 04.15.2014 : Arrived home in Lakewood, California, USA (After a long driving from coast to coast Canada ? >>> ?? ? ) :dancing:
  • 04.22.2014 : Wedding day :D ? :P ? ?
  • 05.08.2014: Got Married certificate in hand :wub: ?
  • 05.14.2014: Mailed out the package of AOS (i485, i765) :rolleyes: ✉️
  • 05.22.2014: Received NOA :) ?
  • 06.02.2014: Received a letter for Biometric appointment -_- ?
  • 06.20.2014: Got Biometric done at USCIS Bellflower location. :idea: ?
  • 08.04.2014: Status of i765 EAD (Work permit) changed to Production :dance:
  • 08.08.2014 : EAD card is mailed out :yes:
  • 08.11.2014 : EAD card in hand ?
  • 09.15.2014: Recevied a notice of potential interview waiver case ( Made Sept 10,2014)
  • 02.25.2015: 1st Request --> Useless response :ranting:
  • 4.23.2015: 2nd Request --> Useless response :ranting:
  • 05.15.2015: Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production :dancing::dancing:
??? 05.23.15: Finally, Green card arrived home sweet home. ????????????

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Husband had interview today. It's finally over! We are just waiting for the oath ceremony to be scheduled. Big thanks to VisaJourney for all the help over the years!

1 hour ago, Huckyfinn said:

Hey there. Did you get the day of naturalization ceremony? My status just changed to " the oath ceremony will scheduled " in early morning today after 2 days I got the interview. I dont know how long I will get the physical letter..

Yesterday, I received Oath Ceremony notification online that a letter has been sent. I found a copy of that letter on my online documents from this site https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ and it's on November 14, 2018. My interview was October 24, so it took 6 days to get the notification.

8 minutes ago, Smelserjl said:

Husband had interview today. It's finally over! We are just waiting for the oath ceremony to be scheduled. Big thanks to VisaJourney for all the help over the years!

Congratulations @Smelserjl, I am very happy for you guys.

1 hour ago, RN_SUN said:

🎉🥂😁

Congratulations @RN_SUN! This would be a Halloween weekend to remember for you. I am happy for you. 

1 hour ago, Kwyjibo78 said:

Just got a text update on my phone that my Interview has been scheduled!! Eagerly awaiting my letter in the mail to know the date :D

Congratulations @Kwyjibo78! You are one step closer. You can find a copy of your awaited letter on your Documents at https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Lu & Soso said:

Congratulations @Kwyjibo78! You are one step closer. You can find a copy of your awaited letter on your Documents at https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

Thanks Lu & Soso! I forgot you can check there - looks like they haven't posted it yet though. I'll check again tomorrow :)

18 minutes ago, Lu & Soso said:

Yesterday, I received Oath Ceremony notification online that a letter has been sent. I found a copy of that letter on my online documents from this site https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ and it's on November 14, 2018. My interview was October 24, so it took 6 days to get the notification.

I thank you for your information. I just got the " get in line for oath ceremony" I hope it will be quickly like your case. Congratulation again and thank you so much.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, RN_SUN said:

🎉🥂😁

I know your i-175 one doesn't matter anymore but did you do combo interview, 

4 hours ago, RN_SUN said:

🎉🥂😁

Congrats! Looks like they scheduled a lot of people last couple days. Is it November 14?😄

i just received a call from the immigration officer. he confirmed my interview time for tomorrow and asked me to bring specified documents. 

any of you have this kinda experience? its so strange. my local office is in LA downtown. thanks

19 minutes ago, glock said:

lt looks like he is reviewing your file before the interview. What did he ask? 

he just asked me to bring 3 month bank statements, car insurance, health insurance and tax return to prove that i m still with my spouse. it sounded strange. never heard that they call people to bring documents.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.