2,033 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Lu & Soso said:

I am finally a US citizen. The ceremony was only 50 minutes long and there were 129 new citizens. Let me take this opportunity to extend my deepest gratitude to all those members of VJ who took their time to share their stories, answer questions and support everyone who sought support in figuring their case status. What you have done is not only bring hope during moments of despair, frustration, confusion, but motivated everyone to believe in this protracted process. Thank you for all your support, and may your future pursuits bear intended fruits. To those who are still racing towards the finish line, even tiring and uncertain this process is at times, don't ever give up. The finish line, no matter how long, is worth all the struggles. Last but not least, I can never forget the work of the Immigration Officers, who made this journey fruitful by guiding us through the process, eased our nerves when overwhelmed and gave us confidence towards our goal. You have been consummate professionals.

Congratulations!!

Edited by DonaDony

21 hours ago, RN_SUN said:

Thank you so much 🙏🏼 Visa journeys and everyone here!!! I am finally a US citizen now!!! 🥳🤩

Congrats!  Time to celebrate.

17 hours ago, Lu & Soso said:

I am finally a US citizen. The ceremony was only 50 minutes long and there were 129 new citizens. Let me take this opportunity to extend my deepest gratitude to all those members of VJ who took their time to share their stories, answer questions and support everyone who sought support in figuring their case status. What you have done is not only bring hope during moments of despair, frustration, confusion, but motivated everyone to believe in this protracted process. Thank you for all your support, and may your future pursuits bear intended fruits. To those who are still racing towards the finish line, even tiring and uncertain this process is at times, don't ever give up. The finish line, no matter how long, is worth all the struggles. Last but not least, I can never forget the work of the Immigration Officers, who made this journey fruitful by guiding us through the process, eased our nerves when overwhelmed and gave us confidence towards our goal. You have been consummate professionals.

Congrats!  Time to relax.

Edited by Mountain Climber

6 hours ago, Mountain Climber said:

Congrats!  Time to celebrate.

Congrats!  Time to relax.

Say that again, Mountain ClimberIt hasn't sunk in yet, but I am now in that relaxed and celebratory mode. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
On 11/14/2018 at 7:35 AM, goosehs14 said:

Hi everyone!

I hope all is well. I was wondering if anyone knows the timeline for Phoenix, AZ. I had my fingerprints on April 9th and have not hear anything ever since. They say no news are good news but it's been quite a while now lol. Please let me know if anyone has an idea of how long the Phoenix office takes.

Thank you!

Edited by Manc73

Timeline
On 11/14/2018 at 7:35 AM, goosehs14 said:

Hi everyone!

I hope all is well. I was wondering if anyone knows the timeline for Phoenix, AZ. I had my fingerprints on April 9th and have not hear anything ever since. They say no news are good news but it's been quite a while now lol. Please let me know if anyone has an idea of how long the Phoenix office takes.

Thank you!

I am in the same boat as you and still await news.

Timeline
On 11/9/2018 at 12:51 PM, marynemoga said:

Hi everyone! How are we looking on numbers? I got my 10 year green card back in May but still no interview. I filed under the 3 year rule and the wait is just agonizing.

You and me both, fingerprints taken and no news.

Hi guys 

Quick question. My oath ceremony day i had to travel abroad. So they take ur green card.

Q1

Will they give me.citizenship certificate on spot ??.

I will b travelling same day aftr my ceremony.

Q2-On my way back  will my certificate of naturaliztion will b good enough to let me back in USA ?..

Please any advice will b helpful

Thanks

36 minutes ago, Alphabravo said:

Hi guys 

Quick question. My oath ceremony day i had to travel abroad. So they take ur green card.

Q1

Will they give me.citizenship certificate on spot ??.

I will b travelling same day aftr my ceremony.

Q2-On my way back  will my certificate of naturaliztion will b good enough to let me back in USA ?..

Please any advice will b helpful

Thanks

Hi @Alphabravo! Yes, you'll receive your certificate of naturalization during the oath ceremony. As far as traveling using your Certificate of Naturalization, read the following: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/A5en.pdf 

All the best!

9 hours ago, Lu & Soso said:

Hi @Alphabravo! Yes, you'll receive your certificate of naturalization during the oath ceremony. As far as traveling using your Certificate of Naturalization, read the following: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/A5en.pdf 

All the best!

Hi Lu & Su

Thanks for the reply, That document which you have attached is kind of helpful, But it does not tell you that Certificate of citizenship is acceptable document or not, I am so worried I will be leaving on ceremony day, Do you think that certificate will be acceptable document.?? I will be let in to US

Secondly if not, Info pass is not available, Can u Get ESTA thing done request a VISA clearance on UK passport??

Please advise. THANKS

9 hours ago, Lu & Soso said:

All the best!

"@kdg  Posted November 12

On 11/12/2018 at 8:00 AM, DonaDony said:

Thank you, kdg!! Very valuable information. Btw, do you get a chance to pick up your passport personally, or they mail it to you? Thanks!

I got it personally same day. Make sure you get an early appointment, be there for opening time, you hand in all your documents and pay (it is an extra $60 for same day expedited so total of $205) and they tell you to return between 3 and 4 to collect. I went back at 2.30 and was called straight away to collect. I was flying the next morning so had no choice! I think they can mail it to you to save the extra $60.

Hi @AlphabravoThe above-enclosed is kdg sharing an experience of same-day passport here in Chicago. I am not sure about DC, make you can investigate places that do that. This means that you have to be on the phone today and establish early appointment to get your passport. As far as the link I sent you, if you look at the bottom of the second "Please Note", this is what's written, "Please note that hospital-issued birth certificates, voter registration cards, and affidavits cannot be used. If you were not born in the United States, you can use your original Naturalization Certificate or Certificate of Citizenship." That sounds like the answer you were looking for. 

When it comes to ESTA, "Most passport holders can get an Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA) through the Visa Waiver Programme, which allows travel to the US for up to 90 days. ... You'll generally qualify to enter the USA using the VWP if your British passport: describes your nationality as a 'British Citizen'. I hope all this information helps.

15 minutes ago, Lu & Soso said:

"@kdg  Posted November 12

On 11/12/2018 at 8:00 AM, DonaDony said:

Thank you, kdg!! Very valuable information. Btw, do you get a chance to pick up your passport personally, or they mail it to you? Thanks!

I got it personally same day. Make sure you get an early appointment, be there for opening time, you hand in all your documents and pay (it is an extra $60 for same day expedited so total of $205) and they tell you to return between 3 and 4 to collect. I went back at 2.30 and was called straight away to collect. I was flying the next morning so had no choice! I think they can mail it to you to save the extra $60.

Thank you!! In your opinion, is it worth it to have passport card along with passport book? Or the passport book is enough?

Another question, do you get back your supporting documents at the same time you‘re collecting your passport?

Thanks again!!

Edited by DonaDony

46 minutes ago, DonaDony said:

Thank you!! In your opinion, is it worth it to have passport card along with passport book? Or the passport book is enough?

Another question, do you get back your supporting documents at the same time you‘re collecting your passport?

Thanks again!!

Hi @DonaDonyBased on the role a passport book and card play, a passport book is suffice. Passport card cannot be used on international travel, so there is a limitation there. If you want a wallet-size card, that can also be used as your ID, to use to travel (by land and seaport only) to Mexico, Canada, Caribbean and Bermuda, then you can get a Passport Card. A Passport Book, on the other hand, covers all travels

You will receive your original copy of your Certificate of Naturalization you submitted when applying for a passport. They will mail it to you. I hope this answers your questions.

Edited by Lu & Soso

Finally, i'm a US citizen 11/15/18🎉!thank you visajourney for being of good help from my K1 processing up to my citizenship journey☺️ i'm now waiting for my US passport (applied 11/16/18) God bless everyone!

AOS TIMELINE

07-14-14: Mailed AOS packet via USPS express mail

07-15-14: AOS packet delivered

07-17-14: Got email notification from USCIS

07-21-14: received 3 NOA1 (AOS, EAD, AP) from the mail

07-28-14: received biometrics appointment letter (schedule on 08-11)

08-11-14: biometrics done

08-19-14: status is on "Testing and Interview"

09-11-14: EAD/AP approved

09-19-14: EAD/AP combo card received

10-06-14: case status update - interview scheduled on 11-06-14

10-08-14: received interview notice in the mail

11-06-14: Interview (Approved)

11-06-14: case status update "Card/Document Production"

11-07-14: case status update "Welcome Notice was Mailed"

11-13-14: case status update "Card was mailed to Me"

11-15-14: received GC and Welcome letter

ROC TIMELINE:

09-07-16: mailed I-751 packet

09-09-16: ROC packet delivered

09-14-16: check cashed

09-16-16: NOA received

09-26-16: Biometrics appointment received

10-12-16: Biometrics done

1 hour ago, Lu & Soso said:

Hi @DonaDonyBased on the role a passport book and card play, a passport book is suffice. Passport card cannot be used on international travel, so there is a limitation there. If you want a wallet-size card, that can also be used as your ID, to use to travel (by land and seaport only) to Mexico, Canada, Caribbean and Bermuda, then you can get a Passport Card. A Passport Book, on the other hand, covers all travels

You will receive your original copy of your Certificate of Naturalization you submitted when applying for a passport. They will mail it to you. I hope this answers your questions.

Thanks for your detailed reply. So in your case, given that you applied directly at the Passport agency, and picked up your passport already, you were not given your original certificate of naturalization at the same time? 

I’m sorry for repeating myself, but I’m trying to know what happens when you apply directly at the passport agency because of having upcoming international plans and choose to pick up the passport on the same or next day. I imagine you receive back your original certificate of naturalization at the same time without the need of mailing it back to you. Or am I wrong?

Edited by DonaDony

1 hour ago, DonaDony said:

Thanks for your detailed reply. So in your case, given that you applied directly at the Passport agency, and picked up your passport already, you were not given your original certificate of naturalization at the same time? 

I’m sorry for repeating myself, but I’m trying to know what happens when you apply directly at the passport agency because of having upcoming international plans and choose to pick up the passport on the same or next day. I imagine you receive back your original certificate of naturalization at the same time without the need of mailing it back to you. Or am I wrong?

You are right @DonaDonyThere are Passport Agencies that cater for expedited services, and just like you said, with an appointment and a flight ticket showing your upcoming travel, they'll accommodate returning your certificate immediately, in case of same day travel or next day travel. I would advise you to inquire from the agency when making an appointment. Those who have to submit their original and wait for weeks are those who apply online or at the post office.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.