2,033 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, Carlos Santana said:

I guess I really screwed myself over for doing this by mail... My estimated completion is September 2019, while there's already people getting their passports in here, this wait is insane! Gotta love Atlanta, where not only the traffic is slow, but so is everything else, haha.

Nope... you didn't, i filed online and my estimated completion date is also September 2019. FO - Atlanta.  What's worse is that i can't seem to figure out what month they're currently processing. It seems they've been on August-September cases since i submitted my n400...sigh!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Life_love said:

Nope... you didn't, i filed online and my estimated completion date is also September 2019. FO - Atlanta.  What's worse is that i can't seem to figure out what month they're currently processing. It seems they've been on August-September cases since i submitted my n400...sigh!!!!

Seems like it really is an Atlanta thing then; how lucky of us, haha.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
6 hours ago, Carlos Santana said:

I guess I really screwed myself over for doing this by mail... My estimated completion is September 2019, while there's already people getting their passports in here, this wait is insane! Gotta love Atlanta, where not only the traffic is slow, but so is everything else, haha.

Your field office could be backlogged and taking more time. There are few field offices in the country that takes a year or over a year to process applications. I hope your field office is not among those local field offices. Ignore those estimated completion time it's not accurate. Best wishes 

Edited by Name O Boy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
6 hours ago, Carlos Santana said:

Seems like it really is an Atlanta thing then; how lucky of us, haha.

estimated times don't mean anything. My account was showing Feb 2019 at the time of the interview (in July). Now it says October 2018 and I'm already a citizen. Go figure. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

We just received notification that our Sept 6 interview is cancelled and has been postponed to October.  Is there anything we can try to get it rescheduled for sooner?

Petitioner: U.S. Citizen living in U.S. Beneficiary: Egyptian Citizen living in Egypt Seychelles United States!

Visa type: CR-1

01-06-14 Married

03-21-14 Priority Date (Nebraska Service Center)

03-25-14 NOA1

08-26-14 Approved! 5 months, 5 days

09-04-14 shipped to NVC per USCIS website

10-09-14 NVC "received"

10-28-14 Case #

10-30-14 DS261/AOS fee

12-02-14 IV fee

12-03-14 Sent Package

01-30-15 Case Complete! 5 months at NVC with no checklists

03-25-15 Received Interview Letter, date is 05/14/15

05-14-15 Interview Result: APPROVED!

06-08-15 25 days later...CEAC finally shows READY

06-11-15 Visa in Hand

06-15-15 POE in Philadelphia

Total Time from Sending Petition to Visa in Hand: 14 months, 3 weeks

Currently in I-751 ROC and N-400 Citizenship processes.  See Timeline for Details.

Timeline
9 hours ago, IslAmy said:

We just received notification that our Sept 6 interview is cancelled and has been postponed to October.  Is there anything we can try to get it rescheduled for sooner?

Sorry to hear that. You would need to call the helpline and ask them or else schedule an infopass appointment. Did they tell you the reason they are rescheduling your interview?  Best wishes 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
13 hours ago, Name O Boy said:

Sorry to hear that. You would need to call the helpline and ask them or else schedule an infopass appointment. Did they tell you the reason they are rescheduling your interview?  Best wishes 

Thanks.  My husband called and they said there was nothing they could do, so he attended an infopass appointment this morning just in case they would be more responsive in person/talk to someone face to face.  They were pretty vague about why it was rescheduled, the lady mentioned something about needing more time since ours will be a combo interview (ROC and citizenship together in one interview) but that didn't make much sense.  They would not schedule it sooner so we now have to wait another month.

Petitioner: U.S. Citizen living in U.S. Beneficiary: Egyptian Citizen living in Egypt Seychelles United States!

Visa type: CR-1

01-06-14 Married

03-21-14 Priority Date (Nebraska Service Center)

03-25-14 NOA1

08-26-14 Approved! 5 months, 5 days

09-04-14 shipped to NVC per USCIS website

10-09-14 NVC "received"

10-28-14 Case #

10-30-14 DS261/AOS fee

12-02-14 IV fee

12-03-14 Sent Package

01-30-15 Case Complete! 5 months at NVC with no checklists

03-25-15 Received Interview Letter, date is 05/14/15

05-14-15 Interview Result: APPROVED!

06-08-15 25 days later...CEAC finally shows READY

06-11-15 Visa in Hand

06-15-15 POE in Philadelphia

Total Time from Sending Petition to Visa in Hand: 14 months, 3 weeks

Currently in I-751 ROC and N-400 Citizenship processes.  See Timeline for Details.

5 minutes ago, stech786 said:

@everyoneee

I saw on the timeline posted in this forum, that someone on Mar 9, 2018 from D.C applied and have interview on 9/05. This is the first time I ever saw someone post this update. 

Should I be excited? I’m in a similar category, but no update from me??

Be excited you've made it thus far. Each new day is one day closer to the end goal......that's what i try to tell myself everyday (it doesnt work btw) lol

Timeline
8 hours ago, IslAmy said:

Thanks.  My husband called and they said there was nothing they could do, so he attended an infopass appointment this morning just in case they would be more responsive in person/talk to someone face to face.  They were pretty vague about why it was rescheduled, the lady mentioned something about needing more time since ours will be a combo interview (ROC and citizenship together in one interview) but that didn't make much sense.  They would not schedule it sooner so we now have to wait another month.

You are welcome. Every field office run their operations in a different manner. Some offices conduct Joint I-751 and N-400 and some separately. Hope you hear from them sooner than later. Best wishes 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Some people haven't reported back in a long time.

I wonder what percentage of people never come back to give processing times in past months.

08-20-2011 Married

Work Visa

03-04-2012 Obtained L1-B Visa at Champlain, NY POE

Green Card

(Day 0) 03-13-2014 Mailed AOS package to Chicago Lock box

(Day 29) 04-11-2014 Bio-metrics appointment letter received (appointment 05/02/2014)

(Day 29) 04-11-2014 Successful Bio-metrics walk-in @ West Palm Beach, FL

(Day 53) 05-05-2014 Received hard copy of Interview Letter.

(Day 82) 06-03-2014 Day of AOS interview, Approved on the spot, given an approval letter.

(Day 89) 06-09-2014 Green Card in hand delivered after only 89 days.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Citizenship

(Day 0) 03-19-2018 N-400 Application Submitted Online

(Day 21) 04-09-2018 Bio-metrics Appointment @ West Palm Beach, FL

(Day 77) 06-04-2018 Received Interview Letter

(Day 114) Naturalization Interview - Approved on the spot @West Palm Beach, FL

(Day 116) Naturalization Oath Ceremony @ West Palm Beach, FL

________________________________________________________________________________________

Passport

(Day 0) 07-20-2018 Applied for passport (Non-Expedited) @ Clerk of Country, Port St Lucie Florida

(Day 17) 08-06-2018 Passport Received

Wife received her US passport yesterday.  It took 3 weeks.  Good luck to all still waiting to complete your visa journey.  Your time will come very soon.

Timeline
11 hours ago, Maria and Jason said:

Some people haven't reported back in a long time.

I wonder what percentage of people never come back to give processing times in past months.

Some people are still waiting for USCIS to schedule their interviews. Some offices take more time to process applications. Best wishes 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.