TBoneTX

August 2017 AOS Filers, Part II

764 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
4 hours ago, ceeq said:

Thank you! But this has been the status on that site for months...

8ABCCAEA-1966-4E84-A1E7-E5BFD4ED398C.thumb.jpeg.ef4b505295244d28c6f5c65ac97a6bdf.jpeg

that's weird have you try calling USCIS and see what they say for your update.

• 08.07.2017 --->  I-485, I-765, I-131 Priority Mail

• 08.09.2017 --->  Package received

• 08.15.2017 --->  Received text messages and emails

• 08.15.2017 --->  Checks cashed

• 08.19.2017 --->  Received NOA1 all 3 hardcopies

• 08.25.2017 --->  Received biometrics letter

• 09.01.2017 --->  RFIE

• 09.07.2017 --->  Biometrics appointment

• 09.15.2017 --->  Received RFIE

• 10.05.2017 --->  Sent RFIE Response

• 10.07.2017 --->  USCIS Received RFIE Response

• 10.10.2017 --->  USCIS Status Update: Response to USCIS RFIE was received

• 03.19.2018 --->  Card in production *Day 221*

• 03.21.2018 --->  Card mailed out *Day 223*

• 03.23.2018 --->  Card in hand *Day 224*
• 10.26.2018 --->  Interview schedules *Day 442*

• 12.06.2018 --->  Interview Day

• 12.10.2018 --->  Needing new medical

• 01.03.2019 --->  Mailed new Medical

• 01.04.2019 ---> USCIS received medical

• 01.15.2019 --->  Card is in the mail *Day 523*

• 01.17.2019 --->  Card received *Day 525*

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ Have updated info, when the app doesn't update.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, borodine01 said:

that's weird have you try calling USCIS and see what they say for your update.

Yup we called and no changes. It is still with nbc. Cant get passed tier 1.😢

K1 Visa | MNL - SFO

May 29, 2005 = Together since ❤️

April 24, 2016 = Engaged (11 years later)

September 3, 2016 = Mailed USPS to Lewisville, TX

September 6, 2016 = Delivered to Lewisville, TX

September 9, 2016 = Processed I129F payment

September 9, 2016 = NOA1 Received Email/Text, Case sent to CSC

September 15, 2016 = NOA1 Hard copy in mail

October 18, 2016 = USCIS case status Approved

November 14, 2016 = NVC Case Number (via phone)

November 18, 2016 = CEAC Status "READY" US Embassy Manila

December 22 & 28, 2016 = Eligibility Letter via Email

January 10, 2017     = Medical Exam

January 23-25, 2017 = Sputum Test

March 27, 2017    = Culture Results

March 15, 2017    = Psychiatric Evaluation

April 24, 2017       = Appointment Interview

May 1, 2017         = Visa on Hand (Status "Approved" April 27 or 28)

May 3, 2017         = CFO

May 11, 2017       = Arrival in the US

June 20, 2017      = Married!!!

Adjustment of Status | SF

August 11, 2017   = Sent out to Chicago PO Box

August 14, 2017   = Arrived at Chicago PO Box

August 15, 2017   = Case was received status

August 17, 2017   = 3 Email/Text notifications - Case sent to NBC

August 21, 2017   = NOA1 in mail for all 3

September 1, 2017 = Received Biometrics appt letter

September 15, 2017 = Biometrics DONE

October 17, 2017    = Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

November 2, 2017  = EAD/AP New Card Being Produced

November 6, 2017   = Hardcopy letter Approval notices of EAD/AP in mail

November 7, 2017   = Card was Mailed to me

November 10, 2017  =Combo Card received.

Renewed combo card = July 10, 2018 (No response)

Ready to be scheduled= January 18, 2019

Email of notification = January 24, 2019

Interview Schedule   = February 25, 2019

New Card Being Produced = February 26, 2019

Green Card                 = March 2, 2019

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Latvia
Timeline

Hey guys, i have been a member of this forum for a while and received a lot of great advice from your guys on my journey to become a US Citizen. Now i have filed for my mother and the process is painfully slow for no apparent reason. We have filed all paper work in August of 2017 and she had only received her work permit that is close to expiration. We have filed for a renewal and still no answer. Does anybody here know what is causing such delays. I know people who have gone through it with a breeze myself included. I became a US citizen in 3 years. If anyone has any information about this i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks and good luck on your journeys.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just got off the phone with USCIS here is my terrible update:

1. AOD - is 16 - 33 months to decision so they said hang in there for another 1.5yrs (seriously?!)

2. Combo Card is about to expire - although we applied for an extension Aug '18...the receipt that came with the extension application allows for work an additional 180days but no travel outside the country. We were asked to wait another 3months due to their processing times.

Being patient is not one of my virtues - but really? Is this normal or should I escalate to someone?

Thanks!

@5k!n & @trazzel Have you contacted ombudsman and/or any political representatives? The backlog is pretty bad. I know that's not a satisfactory answer but it really is a big part of the problem. 

I also wanted to share a personal update on my case. We had our interview and were recommended for approval immediately. We received the approval notices and the physical GC about 9 days afterwards. However, my GC had the wrong dates printed on it. We went to an Infopass and were told it was indeed USCIS error. So we had to file I-90, which we did by paper. I figured it would be safer to do it by paper since we had to send in the physical GC anyway. Got a text two days ago with the receipt number so all that remains is getting the paper notice and waiting for this to be fixed. When y'all get your GC's, double-check it has the correct data!!! It sucks but it is way way way better to send it in for correction than to hold onto it. An incorrect GC can cause many problems down the road. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Latvia
Timeline
15 hours ago, mushroomspore said:

@5k!n & @trazzel Have you contacted ombudsman and/or any political representatives? The backlog is pretty bad. I know that's not a satisfactory answer but it really is a big part of the problem. 

I also wanted to share a personal update on my case. We had our interview and were recommended for approval immediately. We received the approval notices and the physical GC about 9 days afterwards. However, my GC had the wrong dates printed on it. We went to an Infopass and were told it was indeed USCIS error. So we had to file I-90, which we did by paper. I figured it would be safer to do it by paper since we had to send in the physical GC anyway. Got a text two days ago with the receipt number so all that remains is getting the paper notice and waiting for this to be fixed. When y'all get your GC's, double-check it has the correct data!!! It sucks but it is way way way better to send it in for correction than to hold onto it. An incorrect GC can cause many problems down the road. 

I mean there was no back log previously when i was processing well not such a big back log. Me and my spouse got our interview within 3 months of filing and i was approved for a conditional green card the day after the interview. Something had to change, probably in the screening process. And no i have not reached out to any political reps, with the current elections i do not believe that they will care right now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

A friend of mine had a chicago interview july 2 and they said they needed more time for approval. Its been 4 months and no update. The uscis site status says scheduled for interview but no update after that.

Enamorada

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sudan
Timeline

We had our interview few days ago. My wife (USC) and I come from different cultures, speak different languages, she is white and I am afro-middle eastern. She is older than me and we don't share the same religion. I was kinda expecting a tough interview based on what I've read.

The IO didn't event open any of the three folders full of evidence (which kinda pisses me off since I spent a lot of time preparing those lol). He did browse through the 2 photo albums we presented. 

The interview lasted for an hour, the first 10 minutes of which was related to the AOS application. The remaining was chatting about the different countries we lived in and how one can become an immigration officer (yup we talked about that). He told me I can apply to work with them in 3 years when I am a citizen! That was my signal that we were going to be approved. 

30 minutes after we left the building we got the exciting "card is being produced" update.

I am glad this is over for now, hope yal hear good news soon!

Aug 18, 2017       Concurrent Filing to Adjust Status (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131, I-864) 

Aug 21, 2017       AOS Package Delivered to USCIS Chicago Lockbox

Aug 29, 2017       SMS and Emails Received

Sep 01, 2017       4 NOAs Received in the Mail

Sep 08, 2017       Biometrics Appointment Received in Mail (Appointment for Sep 18) 

Sep 08, 2017       Biometrics Walk-in Successful

Sep 08, 2017       Called USCIS and Requested to Expedite I-765

Sep 09, 2017       Received Email From USCIS to Fax Job Offer (Faxed Job Offer on the Same Day)

Sep 23, 2017       Received RFIE for I-864. Response to RFIE sent on Sep 25

Sep 28, 2017       I-485 Status changed to "Response To Request For Evidence Was Received"

Sep 29, 2017       EAD New Card is Approved on Day 42 (2 hours after submitting a 2nd expedite request)

Oct 06, 2017        EAD Compo Card in Hand. Status on USCIS still showing Card Being Produced

Oct 06, 2017        EAD Compo Card in Hand. Status on USCIS still showing Card Being Produced

Mar 16, 2018        Case is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview 

Sep 27, 2018        Interview Was Scheduled (Received Interview Notice For Nov 07,2018 )

Nov 07, 2018        Approved! New Card Is Being Produced

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 11/4/2018 at 10:20 PM, ceeq said:

Anyone else still on the same boat as we are? SF location. 😫36B2DC66-DA91-48AF-B866-CC6AD07B441B.thumb.jpeg.f817c10adfa61c69c1f53e91cd228c31.jpeg

Also in SF, exact same situation down to the "as of" date... For what it's worth, my lawyer says their clients who filed in April 2017 are now being scheduled for interviews. 

Timeline
On 11/8/2018 at 2:29 PM, mushroomspore said:

Unreal. I'm so sorry, Spore! But yay to the interview being out of the way. Did they give you an ETA for the corrected card? And regardless of the card itself, do you now have GC status? 

8 hours ago, SerendipityMuse said:

Unreal. I'm so sorry, Spore! But yay to the interview being out of the way. Did they give you an ETA for the corrected card? And regardless of the card itself, do you now have GC status? 

Processing times for the I-90 are currently 4.5-12 months (!!!!!). So it might be kinda like waiting for AoS all over again or it could be kinda fast. Who knows with these people?! At our Infopass about this, the check-in lady shook her head and said, "This has happened to so many people." I was like, "Why don't people double-check the cards then?!". And yes, they do not print the physical card until you're approved as a permanent resident in their system. So I do have PR status and the Infopass guy admitted it was their mistake (duh). 

Timeline
9 hours ago, mushroomspore said:

Processing times for the I-90 are currently 4.5-12 months (!!!!!). So it might be kinda like waiting for AoS all over again or it could be kinda fast. Who knows with these people?! At our Infopass about this, the check-in lady shook her head and said, "This has happened to so many people." I was like, "Why don't people double-check the cards then?!". And yes, they do not print the physical card until you're approved as a permanent resident in their system. So I do have PR status and the Infopass guy admitted it was their mistake (duh). 

I do hope it’s the former for you. So if you already have PR status, can you travel internationally / work without an EAD even if you don’t have the physical green card? What other paperwork can you use to prove PR status while the card is being corrected? 

21 minutes ago, SerendipityMuse said:

I do hope it’s the former for you. So if you already have PR status, can you travel internationally / work without an EAD even if you don’t have the physical green card? What other paperwork can you use to prove PR status while the card is being corrected? 

If one doesn't have the GC, one can get the I-551 stamp in one's passport. I have one so I'm good to go, really.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hey All. I had been on this community since 2 years (Since K1) but kinda lost my pwd, so had to take this new avatar :)  well, been 16 months since I filed for adjustment and am still waiting :( been such a long wait.

My EAD/AP expired in Oct and have already filed for renewal in July '18. Its been 4.5 months now and no sign of the EAD!! LAst year it took only 3 months and now this long wait for everything.

I've heard back from congressional enquiry response that the backlog is huge and now that 3 month EAD norm is no longer true (on average) .

Anybody else having similar timelines?

EAD NOA1 - July 16,2018

AOS Biometrics - Aug 2017

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 10/9/2018 at 2:35 PM, purple-rose said:

Hi, everyone! Very new to VJ but I was wondering if any of you here has filed in LA (specifically at the Chatsworth office)?

Filed August 2017
Received EAD & AP November 2017

And pretty much after that nothing has happened. We have requested for a renewal of my EAD as it's expiring soon and I needed to renew my driver's license... But pretty much nothing. :( I was a little sad and upset earlier after hearing that a former colleague of my husband has gone through the whole process, filed on October 2017 and has already been through the interview. Anyone who still hasn't had their interview? We haven't received any RFE or whatever. :(

We have exactly the same timeline :)

I had my biometrics done in Aug 2017 and nothing since then. My EAD expired Nov 2018 and have already filed for renewal. Been 4.5 months since that and no update even on EAD. System doesnt let me create an SR yet. So waiting for 1 more week to create a SR.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.