TBoneTX

August 2017 AOS Filers, Part II

765 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/24/2018 at 2:34 PM, Phoenix Filer said:

Still waiting on the interview in Phoenix for a year now. 
Applied for a new EAD 120 days before mine expires and got a receipt notice that extends the current EAD that I have 180 days beyond the expiration date. 
Also got new medical exam done, another $220 out of the door. The civil surgeon said that they are going to raise prices in October by $120 for i-693 exam as they will be required to do a blood TB test, not the skin TB test. 
This time, I won't let the exam results expire by sending them in too early. USCIS says that one must submit their medical exam results within one year. After submission, the results are good for 365 days. I will bring the package to the interview, but if they can't schedule their interview within a year, I will wait around 330 days to submit the medical exam via mail. Once they receive it, it will be good for another 365 days. Thus, I will milk out almost 700 days out of the same exam in case they take more than 2-2.5 years to process the case. 

I was confused for a moment, and then I realized you probably went a different route than me. I did a K1 visa, so there was no way I could have waited for the medical as I had to send it in to get the K1.

01/05/17    I-129F mailed to CSC
01/10/17    i-129F received date

05/10/17    NOA2 approved

05/31/17    NVC received

06/14/17    NVC assigned case number

06/16/17  NVC case number received (by phone)

06/16/17  NVC Left (online program)

06/19/17 Status updated to 'Ready'

06/19/17 Packet 3 sent

07/11/17 Packet 4 received

06/17/17 Letter received from Embassy

08/02/17  Interview Date (approved)

08/07/17 Visa ready for pick up

08/14/17 VISA IN HAND

08/14/17 POE Montreal (preclearance)/Minneapolis

09/08/17 MARRIED

09/12/17 Submitted I-485/I-765/I-131

09/15/17 Received date on the 3 NOA1

10/12/17 Biometrics appt.

10/27/17 Case ready to be scheduled for interview

12/13/17 Approval Notice date

12/21/17 Card in Hand

09/12/18 Mailed Submission for I-765/I-131 renewal

09/14/18 Case was rcvd

09/17/18 E-notification

10/25/18 Rcvd interview letter

11/28/18 Interview

12/15/18 Approved (Had to redo my physical or we would have been approved on the spot)

Timeline
On 8/29/2018 at 9:46 PM, mushroomspore said:

Thank you!!! And funny you should mention the late update. The same thing happened to me!

I called USCIS back in May and the rep told me the exact date our case had been put in line for an interview (mid April). I didn't bother checking the DHS site for a while and only got the recent interview update on the regular egov site. I decided to check the DHS site and guess what??? It says "Case Ready" on the same day the rep had told me. "Case Ready" just means your case is in line for an interview. When it is actually scheduled, it will say "Interview Scheduled". Hope you get this soon!!!! 🇨🇦

Thank you! I hope so too! 🙂

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

I’m been watching this post for months. We filed August 2017 and they have finally scheduled my husband’s interview.  🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾

AOS from K1

Delivered Aug 24

Recieved text notifications Aug 29

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I've been following this thread and never commented but wanted to share our news. We filed August 2017 from a K1 Visa. Received an RFE November 2017. In March 2018 we received a letter requesting a new medical as Knightsbridge in the UK failed to administer a gonorrhea test at our K1 Medical. We sent that in and on August 20th we received our interview letter from the Dallas Field Office. We went for our interview today. Arrived 30 minutes early, our appointment was at 1:30pm. We were taken back to the interview room at 1:40. Lasted about 30 minutes. The officer had to call another officer in with her because there seemed to be some confusion about my husbands very minor police record. After they sorted that out they went through the questions off of the i-485 then asked him what my birthday was and what day did we got married. They looked at our evidence of our marriage and only kept a couple photos and our lease and gave the rest back to us ( I submitted a bunch of photos, social media screen grabs, receipts for movie tickets/concerts we've gone to, sworn affadavit from my mom, our lease, his name as a beneficiary on my life insurance) She did not approve us on the spot and said they would need to do another background check but would know something in the near future. Well, we get home and check our status and after a year of no updates (ours showed fingerprint fee received for ages) it updated to "new card is being produced." Couldn't be happier.

Timeline
4 hours ago, cdenise88 said:

After they sorted that out they went through the questions off of the i-485 then asked him what my birthday was and what day did we got married.

Congratulations!! 😄 Just wondering - do they go through the entire I-485, or do they only ask a few specific questions?

14 hours ago, SerendipityMuse said:

Congratulations!! 😄 Just wondering - do they go through the entire I-485, or do they only ask a few specific questions?

I believe it is protocol to go through the entire thing as all those questions determine eligibility and admissibility.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
22 hours ago, SerendipityMuse said:

They went over the whole application to make sure there were no changes. I did tell her I received an increase in my salary since we filed and brought a new Affadavit of Support but since we already met the minimum income requirement she said it wasn't necessary. The specific questions were all of the yes/no questions on the I-485. 

Timeline

"When you enter the building, there is an officer that ask if you have an appointment as soon as you walk in, we showed our appointment paper and he said to we're clear to enter the building and to speak to the front desk of where to go, we lined up through security and it's similar as airport security when you walk through. After we had passed the front desk was directly in front of us.

My wife had asked the front desk where to go. She told us we have to go to the second floor and wait by door 2. 

We went upstairs and it was a pretty crowded waiting room with 3 different doors. We sat by door 2 and we waited for about 20-25 minutes and we were called by door 3 instead (door 2 was pretty busy and we hardly saw anyone come out).

We were called and confirmed with the USCIS interviewer if it was my last name and she replied yes and no worries. 

We had sworn to tell the truth before need had in sat in the office and the interviewer had checked our identifications and asked my wife to fingerprint scan. 

The interviewer was very pleasent and began to interview us questions:
What is your name? 
What are your other names?
Where do you live? 
What do you do? 
What does your spouse do?
Where did we meet?
Did you have family over there?
What is the name of your parents?
Where did you get married?
And interviewer asked about the restaurant we went too, but we didn't remember the name because it was a spur of the moment kind of thing.
The interviewer said don't worry I believe you. We were relieved and we joked about my workplace for a little.

Then the interviewer proceeded to go over the application questions of eligibility

the interviewer congratulated us and explained about removal of conditions and to expect it in 2-4 weeks. "

my review of Philadelphia's office and it was such a great experience, we finally did the interview and we passed !!! Good luck everyone,  for all of those still waiting, your time will come! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, friends! Still haven't received an update for an interview. :( Husband and I are really bummed and we may need to move houses soon. I think most people I first contacted through the Aug 2017 thread 1 has already received theirs.

K1 Visa | MNL - SFO

May 29, 2005 = Together since ❤️

April 24, 2016 = Engaged (11 years later)

September 3, 2016 = Mailed USPS to Lewisville, TX

September 6, 2016 = Delivered to Lewisville, TX

September 9, 2016 = Processed I129F payment

September 9, 2016 = NOA1 Received Email/Text, Case sent to CSC

September 15, 2016 = NOA1 Hard copy in mail

October 18, 2016 = USCIS case status Approved

November 14, 2016 = NVC Case Number (via phone)

November 18, 2016 = CEAC Status "READY" US Embassy Manila

December 22 & 28, 2016 = Eligibility Letter via Email

January 10, 2017     = Medical Exam

January 23-25, 2017 = Sputum Test

March 27, 2017    = Culture Results

March 15, 2017    = Psychiatric Evaluation

April 24, 2017       = Appointment Interview

May 1, 2017         = Visa on Hand (Status "Approved" April 27 or 28)

May 3, 2017         = CFO

May 11, 2017       = Arrival in the US

June 20, 2017      = Married!!!

Adjustment of Status | SF

August 11, 2017   = Sent out to Chicago PO Box

August 14, 2017   = Arrived at Chicago PO Box

August 15, 2017   = Case was received status

August 17, 2017   = 3 Email/Text notifications - Case sent to NBC

August 21, 2017   = NOA1 in mail for all 3

September 1, 2017 = Received Biometrics appt letter

September 15, 2017 = Biometrics DONE

October 17, 2017    = Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

November 2, 2017  = EAD/AP New Card Being Produced

November 6, 2017   = Hardcopy letter Approval notices of EAD/AP in mail

November 7, 2017   = Card was Mailed to me

November 10, 2017  =Combo Card received.

Renewed combo card = July 10, 2018 (No response)

Ready to be scheduled= January 18, 2019

Email of notification = January 24, 2019

Interview Schedule   = February 25, 2019

New Card Being Produced = February 26, 2019

Green Card                 = March 2, 2019

Timeline
17 hours ago, karlabarbosa said:

Hey guys, I am filling the form I-485 and that is asking for UNDERLYING PETITION NUMBER and PRIORITY DATE. What is this number?

Your case number and the date USCIS received your i-485 

On 9/13/2018 at 9:57 AM, Chris&RunnyRun said:

"When you enter the building, there is an officer that ask if you have an appointment as soon as you walk in, we showed our appointment paper and he said to we're clear to enter the building and to speak to the front desk of where to go, we lined up through security and it's similar as airport security when you walk through. After we had passed the front desk was directly in front of us.

My wife had asked the front desk where to go. She told us we have to go to the second floor and wait by door 2. 

We went upstairs and it was a pretty crowded waiting room with 3 different doors. We sat by door 2 and we waited for about 20-25 minutes and we were called by door 3 instead (door 2 was pretty busy and we hardly saw anyone come out).

We were called and confirmed with the USCIS interviewer if it was my last name and she replied yes and no worries. 

We had sworn to tell the truth before need had in sat in the office and the interviewer had checked our identifications and asked my wife to fingerprint scan. 

The interviewer was very pleasent and began to interview us questions:
What is your name? 
What are your other names?
Where do you live? 
What do you do? 
What does your spouse do?
Where did we meet?
Did you have family over there?
What is the name of your parents?
Where did you get married?
And interviewer asked about the restaurant we went too, but we didn't remember the name because it was a spur of the moment kind of thing.
The interviewer said don't worry I believe you. We were relieved and we joked about my workplace for a little.

Then the interviewer proceeded to go over the application questions of eligibility

the interviewer congratulated us and explained about removal of conditions and to expect it in 2-4 weeks. "

my review of Philadelphia's office and it was such a great experience, we finally did the interview and we passed !!! Good luck everyone,  for all of those still waiting, your time will come! 

That was my office too and my experience there was awesome 👏

AOS 

CIS Office :        Chicago IL

B2 VISA 

Got marry 05/12/2017 

Date Filed:         08-08-2017

Date received:   08-10-2017

NOA Date :        08-17-2017

NOA biometrics:  09-01-2017

Biometrics:        09-15-2017 

RFIE for I-485:  09-07-2017

RFIE  response received:  10-24-2017

RFE I-485: AGAIN! 03-26-2018

RFE respond received: 04-13-2018

Combo card:  card produced e-notification 04-18-2018  (advance parole, employment authorization) 

Combo card:  case approved e-notification  04-19-2018  

Combo card:  NOA case approved letter by mail 04-23-2018

Combo card: Card mailed: e-notification (finally)!! 04-23-2018 (priority mail)

Combo card received: AFTER 256 DAYS!!!! CARD IN HANDS  04-26-2018 happy!

I-485 GC case update: Case ready to be scheduled for an interview 04-24-2018

Interview notice: 07/21/2018

Interview date: 08/21/2018 Approved same day. Text and case status update " approved" same afternoon.

GC been produced: 08/22/2018

GC mailed: 08/25/2018 received: 08/28/2018

ROC

I-797 notice for open window: 04/22/2020

Window opened 05/21/2020

Send package : May 26th

Package received: May 29th - Text confirmation  and case number assigned June 4th

Check cashed: June 5th

June 28th and NOA ...

June 29th: called and summited a NON delivery request (never assigned)

July 10th: Received NOA extension letter

Waiting....

Since July 10th case did not change. 

March 17th 2021: New card is being produced

On 9/17/2018 at 12:42 PM, karlabarbosa said:

Hey guys, I am filling the form I-485 and that is asking for UNDERLYING PETITION NUMBER and PRIORITY DATE. What is this number?

I'm guessing you are not adjusting from K1. If so, you have neither of those things. So leave it blank.

On 9/17/2018 at 12:42 PM, karlabarbosa said:

Oh never mind I just noticed you ARE K1. That info is on your K1 NOA's.

On another note, our interview is fast approaching. Where did the last 4 weeks go?! I just re-did my medical today and will be finalizing our additional documents and then prepping with my husband. We're actually pretty excited to finally be at this point. Good luck to those still waiting.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.