TBoneTX

August 2017 AOS Filers, Part II

764 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/24/2018 at 5:19 PM, Londonergirl said:

Thank you. I appreciate your reply. It is not easy when people tell me different, I kinda get a bit confused. It is also so frustrating being all alone here. Anyway, thank you for the help : )

This process is very confusing and frustrating!

01/05/17    I-129F mailed to CSC
01/10/17    i-129F received date

05/10/17    NOA2 approved

05/31/17    NVC received

06/14/17    NVC assigned case number

06/16/17  NVC case number received (by phone)

06/16/17  NVC Left (online program)

06/19/17 Status updated to 'Ready'

06/19/17 Packet 3 sent

07/11/17 Packet 4 received

06/17/17 Letter received from Embassy

08/02/17  Interview Date (approved)

08/07/17 Visa ready for pick up

08/14/17 VISA IN HAND

08/14/17 POE Montreal (preclearance)/Minneapolis

09/08/17 MARRIED

09/12/17 Submitted I-485/I-765/I-131

09/15/17 Received date on the 3 NOA1

10/12/17 Biometrics appt.

10/27/17 Case ready to be scheduled for interview

12/13/17 Approval Notice date

12/21/17 Card in Hand

09/12/18 Mailed Submission for I-765/I-131 renewal

09/14/18 Case was rcvd

09/17/18 E-notification

10/25/18 Rcvd interview letter

11/28/18 Interview

12/15/18 Approved (Had to redo my physical or we would have been approved on the spot)

So I got a weird random email from the DHS website saying "We're still working on your case and there's no update at this time. The last action on your case was March 19". I have no clue what that action was. :/ 

Anyone else get a vague email like this about their 485?

August 2017 - June 2018 AoS

April 2020 - January 2021 RoC

Jan 2022 - September 2022 Citizenship

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

So I got a weird random email from the DHS website saying "We're still working on your case and there's no update at this time. The last action on your case was March 19". I have no clue what that action was. :/ 

Same here, seems generic. March 16 was around when my EAD was approved/sent but no update on my I 485 since my RFIE was received but that was March 13....so not sure either

"We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time

We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on March 15, 2018."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
4 hours ago, Hamilton said:

I got the same thing. 

• 08.07.2017 --->  I-485, I-765, I-131 Priority Mail

• 08.09.2017 --->  Package received

• 08.15.2017 --->  Received text messages and emails

• 08.15.2017 --->  Checks cashed

• 08.19.2017 --->  Received NOA1 all 3 hardcopies

• 08.25.2017 --->  Received biometrics letter

• 09.01.2017 --->  RFIE

• 09.07.2017 --->  Biometrics appointment

• 09.15.2017 --->  Received RFIE

• 10.05.2017 --->  Sent RFIE Response

• 10.07.2017 --->  USCIS Received RFIE Response

• 10.10.2017 --->  USCIS Status Update: Response to USCIS RFIE was received

• 03.19.2018 --->  Card in production *Day 221*

• 03.21.2018 --->  Card mailed out *Day 223*

• 03.23.2018 --->  Card in hand *Day 224*
• 10.26.2018 --->  Interview schedules *Day 442*

• 12.06.2018 --->  Interview Day

• 12.10.2018 --->  Needing new medical

• 01.03.2019 --->  Mailed new Medical

• 01.04.2019 ---> USCIS received medical

• 01.15.2019 --->  Card is in the mail *Day 523*

• 01.17.2019 --->  Card received *Day 525*

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ Have updated info, when the app doesn't update.

On 3/31/2018 at 2:47 PM, Hamilton said:

I just got this too. Sigh. ☹

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 3/31/2018 at 4:47 PM, Hamilton said:

Got the same email three times last week. One or when they took action on my EAD and two of them for when they took action on my case when they received it

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Got the same generic message...still waiting for a EAD, and no changed on I-485, still at "biometrics received". #Augustfiler :blink:

4 hours ago, Faby&Jaz said:

Got the same generic message...still waiting for a EAD, and no changed on I-485, still at "biometrics received". #Augustfiler :blink:

Did you get an RFIE/RFE? And if so, how long ago? I can't believe some of us are STILL waiting for our combo cards. You know how in movies and TV, there's always a scene where a character has a massive emotional breakdown? That was me yesterday and it was MOSTLY due to this whole insanely long process.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
4 minutes ago, mushroomspore said:

Did you get an RFIE/RFE? And if so, how long ago? I can't believe some of us are STILL waiting for our combo cards. You know how in movies and TV, there's always a scene where a character has a massive emotional breakdown? That was me yesterday and it was MOSTLY due to this whole insanely long process.

That is me on every weekday. The whole process changed me into Moaning Myrtle haha. 

50 minutes ago, spazkles said:

That is me on every weekday. The whole process changed me into Moaning Myrtle haha. 

I really wish they'd give some kind of a timeline, especially if you've been waiting more than six months. 

Edited by mushroomspore

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 31/03/2018 at 2:47 PM, Hamilton said:

I just came here to ask you about it and I see your message, lol. So, probably a generic e-mail in an attempt to gain (even) more time and prevent calls and service requests... 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
5 hours ago, mushroomspore said:

So yes I did receive a RFIE, and it was over something stupid about my husband's birth certificate. They said we did not add the translator information lol, and yes I have been waiting for 8 months now. I don't even stress over it anymore, by the way the Texas senator's office called me today because they stated that my complaint about EAD not being here yet ended up in Washington, D.C. hahahahaha :D 

On 31/03/2018 at 11:06 AM, Londonergirl said:

Are you a December filler? This is the August fillers group :)  Or did you apply in August and it has said since December that your interview is being scheduled? 

No I’m a July 31st but PD is 3rd August. But I thought nothing was going on with my adjusting but I was just using the old website. 

On 31/03/2018 at 11:13 AM, Chris&RunnyRun said:

congrats! 

question for signing up, for dos (department of state) did you put your msc number?

currently in getting an error and wanted to make sure I was signing up correctly.

Thank you

Yeah used my MSC number!

3 hours ago, Faby&Jaz said:

So yes I did receive a RFIE, and it was over something stupid about my husband's birth certificate. They said we did not add the translator information lol, and yes I have been waiting for 8 months now. I don't even stress over it anymore, by the way the Texas senator's office called me today because they stated that my complaint about EAD not being here yet ended up in Washington, D.C. hahahahaha :D 

Oh god. Seriously, I've mostly gone numb from all the waiting. However, I do experience the occasional burst of emotion and many many tears. Keeping my fingers crossed that you (and all Aug filers who don't have the combo cards yet, including myself) receive good news soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.