TBoneTX

July 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

820 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi everyone! I just want to share this just in case sb is going through the same. So 2 months after NOA2 my case was at the embassy (according to CEAC) but I kept waiting for packet 3. I was getting too anxious with the wait so I decided to email the consulate. They told me they had sent the instructions (packet 3) a while ago (even though I never got them) and that I needn't have waited for it in order to send it back. They also attached an electronic copy of packet 3 so I could do it. So the bottom line is don't wait for packet 3. You are good to go and send your stuff once the NVC online status says "ready".

Edited by Alvy91

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Alvy91 said:

Hi everyone! I just want to share this just in case sb is going through the same. So 2 months after NOA2 my case was at the embassy (according to CEAC) but I kept waiting for packet 3. I was getting too anxious with the wait so I decided to email the consulate. They told me they had sent the instructions (packet 3) a while ago (even though I never got them) and that I needn't have waited for it in order to send it back. They also attached an electronic copy of packet 3 so I could do it. So the bottom line is don't wait for packet 3. You are good to go and send your stuff once the NVC online status says "ready".

Some embassies do still require packet 3 but many do not :)  

9/1/2015: Met at London Uni

10/18/2015: Started dating :)

6/24/2017: Got engaged!

7/14/2017: Sent i-129F

7/17/2017: NOA1

1/26/2018: NOA2

1/30/2018: Notified of NOA2 on website

2/2/2018: Received NOA2 in the mail

2/6/2018: NVC Recieved

2/6/2018: NVC Case # Assigned

2/9/2018: NVC left for Mumbai Consulate

2/12/2018: Mumbai Consulate Received Case

3/29/2018: Medical in Mumbai

4/3/2018: OFC Appointment (Biometrics)

4/6/2018: Interview: APPROVED

4/13/2018: Visa Status: "Issued"

4/16/2018: POE

6/15/2018: Wedding

7/9/2018: Sent in AP, EAD and AOS

7/16/2018: Fingerprint Recieved

7/17/2018: NOA1

8/1/2018: RFE

9/4/2018: USCIS Recieved RFE

9/13/2018: Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/15/2018: New Card Is Being Produced (EAD)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
6 hours ago, mcgee201 said:

Some embassies do still require packet 3 but many do not :)  

I wish I had known before haha. The Spanish Embassy was one of the ones that apparently still require packet 3 though

Edited by Alvy91

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 4/5/2018 at 11:17 PM, Marekonjo said:

Oh okay. Yes, the first time I called, I selected 7 then they told me to select 5. I guess mine is with the electronic system group because one of the lady there mentioned the PIVOT program which she said my file is under. Yeah, they keep telling me it takes about 8 weeks...I hope not, but we'll see. Thanks for the help/info!

I had that same problem, I am also eletronic system and I just rang them and said something like I would like to speak to a supervisor, I want to understand why it is taking so long to assign a case number, because no where in your website there is an express provision that it should take 8 weeks and I am aware of people that had their case number assigned even though they were received at NVC after mine. Then they said that there were no supervisors available, so I asked them to ring me back, gave them my fiance's US number as they can't ring back foreign numbers and within a few hours, I rang again and our case number was magically created.... so you should try that! 

Timeline
On 4/2/2018 at 11:18 AM, trames87 said:

My fiance is at his physical right now, and only 22 more days until his interview!

Good luck to him! My physical is on the 19th! And by the time I had my case number, interviews for April 24th in Brazil were gone, so I had to schedule it for May 8th and bought a flight to visit my fiance meanwhile because we can't take it anymore!

Timeline
On 3/28/2018 at 12:21 AM, JSCGPV said:

Hello to all VJ family members.  As most of you know I am in the Philippines right now enjoying time with my better half. :D

Anyway......., Yesterday, or well I should say the 27th in the Philippines was my Fiancees birthday. This is the first time we have been able to be together for a birthday, so we wanted to really celebrate with a nice dinner and some wine. After getting ready and waiting for a Grab (Uber) if your not sure what grab is, my email notification went off on my phone. So looking for something to do I checked my email, and the email I received was from USCIS,  it said there was a case status change. I quickly grabbed my laptop, logged in, and WOW!!!! It said our case was Approved on the 26th!! Honestly I couldn't think of a more perfect way to get an approval notice! Almost like a storybook notice. We are together, it's her birthday, we were all dressed up and leaving to celebrate. Needless to say we now had two reasons, and of course we over celebrated, if that's such a thing. he he

Just wanted to let everyone know and thanks for all the support. I'm glad I could help in the past with scans and answering questions and will continue to help in the future.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.6bfc0a81bb24b9f8a16868ba4ebd1145.jpg

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub::wub::wub:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, marinapoli said:

I had that same problem, I am also eletronic system and I just rang them and said something like I would like to speak to a supervisor, I want to understand why it is taking so long to assign a case number, because no where in your website there is an express provision that it should take 8 weeks and I am aware of people that had their case number assigned even though they were received at NVC after mine. Then they said that there were no supervisors available, so I asked them to ring me back, gave them my fiance's US number as they can't ring back foreign numbers and within a few hours, I rang again and our case number was magically created.... so you should try that! 

ha! I'll definitely do that. It's ridiculous we have to do that though. Thank you for the info!

Timeline
Just now, Marekonjo said:

ha! I'll definitely do that. It's ridiculous we have to do that though. Thank you for the info!

you're welcome!

After two weeks not checking VJ, I came back and read all the messages in our thread and here's my final thought:

BUREAUCRACY SUCKS, BUT LOVE BEATS EVERYTHING! Be patient, we will soon all be filing our adjustment of status right by our loved ones

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, marinapoli said:

you're welcome!

After two weeks not checking VJ, I came back and read all the messages in our thread and here's my final thought:

BUREAUCRACY SUCKS, BUT LOVE BEATS EVERYTHING! Be patient, we will soon all be filing our adjustment of status right by our loved ones

Amen to that, let that day come soon. LOVE does BEATS EVERYTHING! I like that. Well said. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Justmel said:

Interview in a couple hours I think I might throw up.

Nope you won’t :) go rock it and come back with awesome news!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.