Mzlin35

I-130 March 2018 filers [merged threads]

2,480 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahrain
Timeline

Hey guys..

My husband submitted the petition for i130 and USCIS received our case on march 5th.. It got routed to the Nebraska Service Centre..

Is Nebraska service centre as slow as everyone says? How long should we wait for the next notification from NVC? Also, is their any priority based on the country you were born in? Ive heard visa processing is slower if the country you were born is India, Philippines etc.. due to the large amount of petitions from these countries..

Thanks..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
9 hours ago, jimmy007oc said:

I got a text said my G-28 form got rejected. is my case still okay?

Did you engage in an attorney? That form is supposed to be for appointing your attorney. I’m not sure. If you engaged an attorney, you should check with your attorney. 

@rose098

nebraska was a lot slower last year but is catching up and a lot faster now. Priority date is when the USCIS received your application. Certain countries will be ‘slower’ mainly during the NVC/ embassy part later due to interview slots available but before that, which country you’re from will not affect processsing time that much most delays during USCIS is usually for rfe - for more evidence. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 3/29/2018 at 11:10 PM, honeymoon22 said:

Just got the text/email notification that our package was received. It's being sent to the Potomac service centre for processing. Anyone have any info on this centre?

We got sent to Potomac too! It's a smaller service center, not very many petitions get sent there. They're also supposed to be one of the fastest. I guess we will see 😊

On 28/03/2018 at 1:28 AM, Muffinji said:

@MrsB2212 don’t worry! Yours should be on the way! :) Also, lol I didn’t realize it but the wait for NOA1 is kinda the easiest wait actually. Cause now... it’s like a minimum of 7 months (or more) of wait. It’s so long that I almost feel like I should forget about it till like August or something when the wait is shorter at that time. 🤔🤣 - just crossing fingers that USCIS might magically work faster in the next 6 months? Lol. 

Patience. We need lots of patience. 

some things like taxes info we can start preparing but some like certificate from police and medical we can’t because these  have an expiry date... 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

<- spent first few days excited then realized its ... nothing for a few months and now I’m trying to remind myself ... to just chill. No point checking online like 5x a day. It’s not changing anytime soon.😂

😃😀😃😀😄 miracles happen? 🙏🏾

On 31/03/2018 at 2:33 PM, Mzlin35 said:

We got sent to Potomac too! It's a smaller service center, not very many petitions get sent there. They're also supposed to be one of the fastest. I guess we will see 😊

Oh wow. Good for you. Still bugging hubby to check the mail

box for the NOA!

We have a cruise coming up so I’ll be flying to US. I wanted a copy of the NOA to keep along with other evidence. 

Now I was thinking - we did the i130 with my current passport in my maiden name. 

I wanted to get a new passport in my married name.  

If I do get a new passport - Do I need to tell USCIS that I have a new passport ? 

Does it matter ?

Or is it just making it complicated?

Should I get the new passport after everything is approved ? 

All advice appreciated as always ! ❤️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
26 minutes ago, MrsB2212 said:

We have a cruise coming up so I’ll be flying to US. I wanted a copy of the NOA to keep along with other evidence. 

Now I was thinking - we did the i130 with my current passport in my maiden name. 

If I do get a new passport - Do I need to tell USCIS that I have a new passport ? 

Does it matter ?

You are visiting US on a tourist visa?

I would recommend waiting till everything is done and you have moved to US.

3 hours ago, Rajat Aggarwal said:

You are visiting US on a tourist visa?

I would recommend waiting till everything is done and you have moved to US.

No I’m from the UK so we have the VWP, no visa required. 

Ya I think it’s the least complicated scenario to wait...

Timeline
17 minutes ago, MrsB2212 said:

No I’m from the UK so we have the VWP, no visa required. 

Ya I think it’s the least complicated scenario to wait...

I do not mean to scare you but I hope you have looked into entry in US on VWP while I130 is pending.

I know of cases where entry has not been allowed by CBP officer as your I130 application proves "immigration intent". Again you might have already looked into it, just wanted to let you know in case you hadn't.

1 minute ago, Rajat Aggarwal said:

I do not mean to scare you but I hope you have looked into entry in US on VWP while I130 is pending.

I know of cases where entry has not been allowed by CBP officer as your I130 application proves "immigration intent". Again you might have already looked into it, just wanted to let you know in case you hadn't.

Thank you. Yes I have. Well the I-130 is to immigrate. However it’s up to the beneficiary to prove they will immigrate at the right time using that process. You have to prove certain ties which I can. Plus I hace travelled multiple times to the USA over the past few years and have a clean track record.  People have travelled multiple times on the WVP while in i130 and been ok. I will be fine. 😃🙏🏾

Timeline
2 minutes ago, MrsB2212 said:

Thank you. Yes I have. Well the I-130 is to immigrate. However it’s up to the beneficiary to prove they will immigrate at the right time using that process. You have to prove certain ties which I can. Plus I hace travelled multiple times to the USA over the past few years and have a clean track record.  People have travelled multiple times on the WVP while in i130 and been ok. I will be fine. 😃🙏🏾

Perfect! Have a great time!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, MrsB2212 said:

Oh wow. Good for you. Still bugging hubby to check the mail

box for the NOA!

Does it matter ?

I am not sure about the passport question. I would just leave things as is until the process is over. But if you must change your passport, you could probably just send it in at the NVC stage. 

Anyway, enjoy your cruise!!! I want to go on a cruise one day but I'm too scared of water!🙈😆

38 minutes ago, Mzlin35 said:

I am not sure about the passport question. I would just leave things as is until the process is over. But if you must change your passport, you could probably just send it in at the NVC stage. 

Anyway, enjoy your cruise!!! I want to go on a cruise one day but I'm too scared of water!🙈😆

Yes I think I’ll leave it. 

Thank you!

Me too to some extent - but i don’t plan on going in the water 😱😩

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.