Mzlin35

I-130 March 2018 filers [merged threads]

2,480 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
2 hours ago, alannah_rose said:

Hello fellow March Filers! Another one here.

We got word that the application has been accepted on 18 March and has been sent to Nebraska.

Saw that its going to take up to 11.5 months... ugh.

I've seen a few others complaining about the Nebraska Service Center, is there a reason why?

All I know is Nebraska processes a lot more in volume (Probably more staff there to deal with the huge number of applications sent there). I read in some aug 17-sep17 topics that Nebraska is faster now. So don’t fret :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
6 hours ago, alannah_rose said:

Hello fellow March Filers! Another one here.

We got word that the application has been accepted on 18 March and has been sent to Nebraska.

Saw that its going to take up to 11.5 months... ugh.

I've seen a few others complaining about the Nebraska Service Center, is there a reason why?

Ive seen they are taking 6 months to approve it 

13 hours ago, Muffinji said:

All I know is Nebraska processes a lot more in volume (Probably more staff there to deal with the huge number of applications sent there). I read in some aug 17-sep17 topics that Nebraska is faster now. So don’t fret :) 

Okay, thanks! I have seen that the processing times say 9 to 11.5 months, so I really hope it doesn't take that long!!

Timeline
2 hours ago, honeymoon22 said:

Just got the text/email notification that our package was received. It's being sent to the Potomac service centre for processing. Anyone have any info on this centre?

I think it was supposed to be one of the faster service centre in the past. Not sure about currently though.

hey so I am a us citizen and my priority date is march 21. It was sent to texas. The wait time is 7.5 to 9.5 months. My wife is waiting in her country. Is that the wait time for the whole process?

So this first part will take that long? What happens after? What is the next step? 

I heard there are other parts and fees. Can someone guide me please?

Timeline
16 minutes ago, gmf3000 said:

hey so I am a us citizen and my priority date is march 21. It was sent to texas. The wait time is 7.5 to 9.5 months. My wife is waiting in her country. Is that the wait time for the whole process?

So this first part will take that long? What happens after? What is the next step? 

I heard there are other parts and fees. Can someone guide me please?

Hi! No it’s not the whole wait time. It’s just the first part with USCIS. After this, if it’s approved, it will be sent to NVC, and after you get your case number from there, you will also get directions for the other payments and paperwork. When it is all completed, then you will get an interview date for your wife at the embassy in her country. The total wait time for the entire process currently is between 12-15 months in general (might be less or more depending on your ‘luck’ ) 

you can read in detail here : 

Edited by Muffinji

18 minutes ago, Muffinji said:

Hi! No it’s not the whole wait time. It’s just the first part with USCIS. After this, if it’s approved, it will be sent to NVC, and after you get your case number from there, you will also get directions for the other payments and paperwork. When it is all completed, then you will get an interview date for your wife at the embassy in her country. The total wait time for the entire process currently is between 12-15 months in general (might be less or more depending on your ‘luck’ ) 

you can read in detail here : 

ok thanks for the info so basically this first part is 7 to 9 months. Thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Hi everyone, late March filer here! Just got an email/text saying my case was received today and sent to Vermont.

Sorry this might be a dumb question but What is the "priority date" that I see everyone referring to??

Edited by Annie0913

Timeline
49 minutes ago, Annie0913 said:

Hi everyone, late March filer here! Just got an email/text saying my case was received today and sent to Vermont.

Sorry this might be a dumb question but What is the "priority date" that I see everyone referring to??

Hi! Wow congrats! Vermont is like the fastest service centre! And not many cases are sent there, (I think it’s like you struck lottery to be sent there! ) haha. 

Anyways, priority date does not apply to usc spouse petitioners but if your petitioner is LPR, for some visa class they have family preference / they need to wait till visa is available meaning : after their I130 is approved they will not be able to start nvc till their PD for their visa is current - sometimes up to a few years wait. (I’m not sure which ones are affected but you can check it on USCIS website) 

Edited by Muffinji

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Muffinji said:

Hi! Wow congrats! Vermont is like the fastest service centre! And not many cases are sent there, (I think it’s like you struck lottery to be sent there! ) haha. 

Anyways, priority date does not apply to usc spouse petitioners but if your petitioner is LPR, for some visa class they have family preference / they need to wait till visa is available meaning : after their I130 is approved they will not be able to start nvc till their PD for their visa is current - sometimes up to a few years wait. (I’m not sure which ones are affected but you can check it on USCIS website) 

After reading your comment, it made me re-read my email confirmation cause I know I'm never lucky with these things.... and it was actually sent to Potomac and not Vermont :')I guess it was just wishful thinking :rolleyes:

Alright I'll check the website. Thanks!

Timeline
Just now, Annie0913 said:

After reading your comment, it made me re-read my email confirmation cause I know I'm never lucky with these things.... and it was actually sent to Potomac and not Vermont :')I guess it was just wishful thinking :rolleyes:

Alright I'll check the website. Thanks!

Hahaha! It’s ok, because Potomac is still known to be one of the faster ones ;) 

Well, regardless of the service centre, we are all now in the waiting club together ;p 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.