julyk12017

March 2018 NOA2 ---> NVC thread

2,723 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey guys..

My passport came in the name today and the visa is inside, yay!

BUT.. Her name has a spelling mistake in it where it says Petitioner: NAME

Is this important? Do I need to get this fixed? Or does only my name matter?

September 28,  2017 - I-129F Sent

October 2, 2017 I-129F NOA1

March 24, 2018 - NOA2

April 10, 2018 -  Case number received

April 14, 2018 - Case marked as ready

April 18, 2018 - Received and sent back Package 3

May 2, 2018 - Medical

May 16, 2018 - Interview

May 17, 2018 - Visa Issued

May 23, 2018 - Visa in the mail

June 2, 2018 - POE

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi Guys,

After the interview (K-1 visa) for this whole time I was able to check the status of my app under IV section with a case number given by nvc after being on AP. However since mid afternoon today, the page would just keep loading. I thought the website was down or something but never saw any message like that on their website. But now, just randomly I tried the NIV section with the DS-160 confirmation number and it shows me the update with my case created and updated as today’s date. What does this mean? 🤷‍♂️ It moved from IV section to NIV section with a brand new creation date instead of one created by nvc.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Amit M said:

Hi Guys,

After the interview (K-1 visa) for this whole time I was able to check the status of my app under IV section with a case number given by nvc after being on AP. However since mid afternoon today, the page would just keep loading. I thought the website was down or something but never saw any message like that on their website. But now, just randomly I tried the NIV section with the DS-160 confirmation number and it shows me the update with my case created and updated as today’s date. What does this mean? 🤷‍♂️ It moved from IV section to NIV section with a brand new creation date instead of one created by nvc.

That’s usually good movement... mine changed to NIV with new case created date yesterday before going to issued.

However I did not need to change anything I still search under immigrant but it just shows nonimmigrant on the update automatically.

did you resolve the problem? Maybe they finally approved it?

edit: just checked and yes it shows issued under non immigrant with ds-160 conf. Number too.

Edited by Naes

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Naes said:

That’s usually good movement... mine changed to NIV with new case created date yesterday before going to issued.

However I did not need to change anything I still search under immigrant but it just shows nonimmigrant on the update automatically.

did you resolve the problem? Maybe they finally approved it?

@Naes That’s the thing, I heard that it moves from Immigrant to Non-Immigrant but I can’t even access under immigrant right now. I was able to do that this morning but around noon in my country, the webpage keeps loading under IV. It’s confusing tho. Maybe tomorrow I’ll know what it means. This could be embassy specific?

Edited by Amit M

Timeline
3 hours ago, Fippsie said:

Hey guys..

My passport came in the name today and the visa is inside, yay!

BUT.. Her name has a spelling mistake in it where it says Petitioner: NAME

Is this important? Do I need to get this fixed? Or does only my name matter?

You should contact the consulate and ask. Usually they recommend if there is any error than we should reach out to them. You don’t wanna take any chances.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Amit M said:

@Naes That’s the thing, I heard that it moves from Immigrant to Non-Immigrant but I can’t even access under immigrant right now. I was able to do that this morning but around noon in my country, the webpage keeps loading under IV. It’s confusing tho. Maybe tomorrow I’ll know what it means. This could be embassy specific?

IV was working really weird for me too, but is still working though. What does it say under non immigrant? 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Naes said:

IV was working really weird for me too, but is still working though. What does it say under non immigrant? 

IV ain’t working for me. It keeps loading. I even restarted my phone and checked my data since I was going cray cray.

it shows AP under NIV with today’s creation date and update date. 

Several posts before mine @LizM mentioned that normally when an app moves from consular section to issuing office that’s when it shows from IV TO NIV with case creation date as new date. But I can’t even access My case under IV anymore, hence I’m confused. I’m not using embassy specific number but ds-160. But hey @Naes congratsss to you :)

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Amit M said:

IV ain’t working for me. It keeps loading. I even restarted my phone and checked my data since I was going cray cray.

Several posts before mine @LizM mentioned that normally when an app moves from consular section to issuing office that’s when it shows from IV TO NIV with case creation date as new date. But I can’t even access My case under IV anymore, hence I’m confused. I’m not using embassy specific number but ds-160. But hey @Naes congratsss to you :)

Thank you.

I hope all these are good signs for you... :)

2 hours ago, Amit M said:

Mine worked the same way as for @Naes, I always just kept updating the immigrant one and it worked even when status turned into non-immigrant. But like you said it’s probably just embassy specific and means your visa is being issued right now ☺️ Congratulations!

h

Timeline
17 minutes ago, LizM said:

Mine worked the same way as for @Naes, I always just kept updating the immigrant one and it worked even when status turned into non-immigrant. But like you said it’s probably just embassy specific and means your visa is being issued right now ☺️ Congratulations!

Hopefully issuing but thanks :) ... and yes, ever since after interview I was able to check status under immigration section only and as a matter of fact even until today morning for me but since mid afternoon the IV page keeps loading and loading and hence I randomly tried NIV and It showed today’s creation date which is my only hope right now that it’s a good sign.

Timeline
2 hours ago, LizM said:

@LizM & @Naes So after moments and moments of loading and loading, it finally shows up under IV with Nom immigrant thing and new case created date ✌️✌️✌️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Cat&Charlie said:

Our snail mail is literal snail mail. The DS-160 I sent last week (monday) literally arrived today at the embassy while I was waiting in the waiting area for my interview.

But everything worked out, and I can say we're approved!

June wedding, here we come.

Congratulations!!

10/03/2017 I-129F sent

10/05/2017 - I-129F delivered

10/10/2017 - NOA1 

03/29/2018 - NOA2 

04/17/2018 NVC case received

04/19/2018 - NVC case number assigned

05/16/2018 - In Transit to Consulate

05/18/2018 - Ready at Consulate

06/18/2018 - Medical

07/03/2018 - Interview

07/19/2018 - VOH

07/27/2018 - POE

Post NOA2 Information For Brazil

6 hours ago, Cat&Charlie said:

Our snail mail is literal snail mail. The DS-160 I sent last week (monday) literally arrived today at the embassy while I was waiting in the waiting area for my interview.

But everything worked out, and I can say we're approved!

June wedding, here we come.

Congratulations!!

(L) András & Krystal (L) 

NOA 1: 08/23/2017
RFE Sent
:bonk:: 02/28/2018
RFE response recv’d by USCIS: 03/15/2018
NOA 2
:dancing:: 04/03/2018 (223 looooooong days)
NVC Received: 04/25/2018 (Electronic case)
NVC Case # Received: 04/26/2018 
NVC left:
04/27/2018
Received at London Embassy: 05/02/2018
Medical at Knightsbridge: 05/03/2018 (Originally 5/12 but got sooner date due to a cancellation)
Interview: 05/22/2018  APPROVED!!

Visa in hand: 05/31/2018
Fiance's POE : 06/11/2018  He’s HOME!!  
:wub:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.