julyk12017

March 2018 NOA2 ---> NVC thread

2,723 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So just an update:

@Just-in-case18

called nvc and said they got my case and it will be in electronic group. Still no case number tho.

@h&y did nvc even received yours or you’re just waiting for the case number?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
19 minutes ago, KAF said:

So just an update:

@Just-in-case18

called nvc and said they got my case and it will be in electronic group. Still no case number tho.

@h&y did nvc even received yours or you’re just waiting for the case number?

@KAF That’s awesome! I’m so glad they got it, honestly, still confused about the whole Friday thing lol

I’m planning to call tomorrow afternoon so I’ll keep you updated if they provide a case number then :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
16 minutes ago, enfinity83 said:

We have scheduled our interview!

We saw that April 13th was available, but thought that might be pushing it with needing to assemble documents/go to the hospital.  

Instead the interview has been scheduled for April 20th! 

Great. I scheduled my medical for April 16th. The hospital said I need the letter with the case number from packet 3 so hopefully from today till April 16th is enough time for my case to arrive and for the embassy to send me packet 3 via email.    

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello everyone!

Another happy morning here! My fiancée received her passport with Russian visa in it! She'll be here on May 11th. I wish we knew that we'd get an interview date earlier than supposed when we were buying tickets and applying for visa, haha.

I also booked my medical for May 7th. If everything is alright there, I'll pick the results on the 8th. Then the 9th is a holiday here, on 10th I have my interview and on the 11th my sweetest fiancée arrives. Cannot waittttt!

I hope everyone is doing well ✨

K-1 journey (Sept 2017 - July 2018)

Spoiler

08/31/2017 - petition mailed                                             03/27/2018 - embassy received, "ready"           

09/05/2017 - case received                                               05/07/2018 - medical - passed 

09/07/2017 - NOA1                                                             05/10/2018 - interview - approved

03/07/2018 - NOA2 (case status updated 03/08)         05/14/2018 - VOH

03/22/2018 - NVC received & case # assigned          06/18/2018 - POE Seattle

03/26/2018 - NVC left                                                        07/07/2018 - wedding

AOS journey (Sept 2018 - Jan 2019)

Spoiler

09/05/2018 - petition mailed (I-485 + I-765 + I-131)

09/07/2018 - cases received 

09/13/2018 - NOA1s

10/05/2018 - biometrics appointment

12/07/2018 - interview scheduled

01/15/2019 - interview - approved

xx/xx/2019 - combo card approved

xx/xx/2019 - combo card received

01/22/2019 - Green Card received

ROC journey (Oct 2020 - Jun 2021)

Spoiler

10/16/2020 - 01/14/2021 - window for applying

10/26/2020 - petition mailed

10/29/2020 - case received

11/25/2020 - check cashed

11/23/2020 - NOA1

12/16/2020 - biometrics appointment/waived

xx/xx/xxxx - interview scheduled

xx/xx/xxxx - interview 

06/03/2022 - ROC petition approved

06/07/2022 - green card received

Naturalization journey (Jan 2022 - )

01/31/2022 - N-400 form filed online

01/31/2022 - biometrics reuse notice

xx/xx/xxxx - interview scheduled

xx/xx/xxxx - interview

xx/xx/xxxx - oath ceremony

20 hours ago, Thelucybelle said:

It is really hard to consider it without family - I think the idea of small now, big later is sensible!! We had considered doing it at city hall but that actually wasn’t as easy as we had thought!  In Florida a notary can marry you and as my soon to be sister in law is one it seemed easy and quite special to have her do it!

That sounds like the perfect plan then ☺️ Fingers crossed you’ll be able to officially set your date soon!

h

18 hours ago, blenheim said:

Hey!! Well the medical office in Oslo was closed 6 work days for Easter 😳 They just opened again today so we were able to book an appointment at the Swedish embassy for April 12!! The next one we saw after that was May 3. Maybe some more will open up. How’s everything going for you? ☺️ I see your medical exam is booked!! Getting so close now. 

I’m also a bit stressed over the medical exam form DS-3025. Scandinavia seems pretty lax about flu shots and ours is marked “not age appropriate”, but I’m not sure if this will cause a problem. I wonder what your form will say! Edit: Actually your medical exam will take place out of flu season so it shouldn’t be an issue at all! Ours was just a few days before the last day of the season aaah

Oh congratulations, April 12th is so soon! Hoping all goes well for you 😄 I’m not sure about the flu shot, but I guess it only really matters for AoS I suppose, which likely you will not be doing in the winter season? Don’t know, but I keep my fingers crossed that they’ll give me what I need for AoS during my medical 🙏🏻

My timeline was also pushed forward a bit because of Easter, and my medical is now set to 4/18. When I initally scheduled the interview, the next interview date was 5/17... But just yesterday after the Easter holiday, those dates you mentioned showed up so I rescheduled to 5/3 😊 I feel good about this timeline as I still have commitments in Sweden and wouldn’t have been able to move any earlier either way. Hoping to have the visa by 5/18. Earliest possible POE would be 5/24.

When are you planning his POE? ☺️

h

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, fcotoram said:

Today my status in the ceac tracker changed to “in transit”, I got an email as well as my fiancee with the notification at the same time from NVC

Noa2 3/16

case number 3/29 “at nvc

status change 4/4 “in transit”

This seems to go fast ! 

oh same with me..Good luck to us..😊🙏🙌

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
7 hours ago, dpcalbears said:

Got approved on 22nd and waiting. 

I was praying after approval I wouldn't have to wait a long time but it appears the wait continues so discouraging 

Edited by Loyal Empress

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Loyal Empress said:

I was praying after approval I wouldn't have to wait a long time but it appears the wait continues so discouraging 

It was 2 weeks exactly for us to get to nvc. It arrived and we got a case number in 2 days but have now been waiting 8 days for them to send it!! Yup the wait is never ending!

Timeline
Just now, Thelucybelle said:

It was 2 weeks exactly for us to get to nvc. It arrived and we got a case number in 2 days but have now been waiting 8 days for them to send it!! Yup the wait is never ending!

Omg I waited 209 days for approval now this I'm calling tier 2 this morning to see if my file has even been sent to NVC as of yet

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
Just now, Loyal Empress said:

Omg I waited 209 days for approval now this I'm calling tier 2 this morning to see if my file has even been sent to NVC as of yet

Oh and 215 days for NOA2 😂 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, h&y said:

I just called this morning (It's 7:43 AM here, not sure where you guys are.) but the lady said they received my case.. as in, literally just received it 

I keep telling people to hang in there. I know it's discouraging when others are moving faster but there's really no rhyme or reason as we've all noticed lol People are getting expedites who haven't even requested one. I keep noticing that good things happen when I stop thinking about it. Still cheering for everyone despite the few continuous complainers. I feel as though TV should get rid of 90 day Fiance and create a "200 days til NOA2, weeks of impatience for a case number- fiance." :jest: 

I'm getting discouraged only because before I started the process I was under the impression it would be 4 to 6 months 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.