julyk12017

March 2018 NOA2 ---> NVC thread

2,723 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Shav said:

Ohhh 😮 but we already submitted ds160 online yesterday night 🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐 it gave us application id🤐 now it shows from in transit to no status 😳

I don't think you need to wait... I submitted it right after we got our case number, and had the medical appt, all before our case arrives at the embassy. Our email from NVC confirming our case number says, "In the meantime, please have your fiance(e) and his or her children visit http://ceac.state.gov and complete Form DS-160, the online nonimmigrant visa application that is used for a K visa."

05-04-2018: Married :jest:

AOS/EAD:

05-07-2018: Packet mailed via USPS

05-10-2018: Official NOA1 date

05-17-2018: NOA1 email/text

05-22-2018: NOA1 letter received

06-01-2018: RFE issued

06-13-2018: RFE received in the mail

06-25-2018: Response to RFE sent

06-27-2018: Response to RFE arrived at USCIS

07-07-2018: Change in online status: RFE response received 

07-10-2018: Biometrics (went before appointment & to a different office)

07-12-2018: AOS case status updated to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview”

09-29-2018: EAD case status updated to "New card is being produced"

09-30-2018: EAD case status updated to "Case was approved"

10-01-2018: EAD case status updated to "Card was mailed to me"

10-05-2018: EAD card received in the mail

10-12-2018: SSN card received in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, turkishdelight said:

I don't think you need to wait... I submitted it right after we got our case number, and had the medical appt, all before our case arrives at the embassy. Our email from NVC confirming our case number says, "In the meantime, please have your fiance(e) and his or her children visit http://ceac.state.gov and complete Form DS-160, the online nonimmigrant visa application that is used for a K visa."

Yeah 👍🏻 Thanks we got same mails from nvc stating everything. 

Now what to do next ??

how can we book for our interview? 

Or nvc will send a letter of appointment??

26 minutes ago, Shav said:

Sorry 😐 

actually now it says you are ready too book interview lol 😂 

but the thing is when i do non immigrant visa and fill montreal then it shows me no status but now i filled immigrant visa on tracker it says you are ready to book interview lol it’s funny n so confusing 😬🤭🤭🤭🤭

I’m glad it worked for you!! 😁

its becuse a k1 is a non-immigrant Visa with immigrant intent! So for NVC processing purposes, it’s “immigrant.” It does make it more confusing.

You’re on the home stretch, friend! Happy for you. :) 

19 minutes ago, turkishdelight said:

We are crazy and drove 5 hours to Ankara overnight for my fiance's medical interview. The appt was only 14 hours after we got his NVC number. We may have set some kind of record :jest:

Man, I wish we could’ve done that! That’s pretty amazing. 😂

K-1

Spoiler

Mailed I-129F:   5 September, 2017

Received:  8 September, 2017
I-129F NOA1:    11 September, 2017

I-129F NOA2:     8 March, 2018

NVC Received:  20 March, 2018

NVC # Assigned: 22 March, 2018

Consulate Rec'd:  28 March, 2018

Medical:   24 April, 2018

Interview:   8 May, 2018

Visa on Hand:   21 May, 2018

POE:   8 June, 2018 (Manchester > Boston > Pittsburgh)

Legal Marriage:    27 June, 2018

Traditional Wedding: 7 October, 2018

AOS/EAD

Mailed Packet:   8 September, 2018

NOA1:  13 September, 2018

Biometrics: 19 October, 2018

EAD Approval:   5 February, 2019

Interview: 4 March, 2019

Approval Notice: 4 March, 2019

RoC

Mailed Packet:   8 February, 2021

Packet Received: 12 February, 2021

NOA1:  20 March, 2021

Biometrics: September 2021

RFE: 13 July, 2022

RFE Submitted: Soon

Interview: Waiting

Approval: Waiting

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
2 hours ago, baggles said:

Ok so, little update. 

My fiance just received an email from Naples embassy (where I will have the interview) that our case is there and to follow the instructions in the attached. 

Yaaaaayyyy! 

The problem is we never called nvc for our case number (lazy fiance - scared me). We also never received an email/mail from nvc with our case number and in the embassy email there is not our case number. 

Is it normal? 

We basically found out our case is ready without ever knowing it was even assigned a case number to it in the first place. 

What should we do? Any suggestions is really appreciated. Thanks! 

Second update. 

NVC just emailed fiance with our CN! 

It's funny how in the letter it says

"Please note that the transfer process can take several weeks 

when we already know the case is there at the embassy. 

Thanks everyone for the support! 

Edited by baggles

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Shav said:

Now what to do next ??

It depends on the embassy... did you book your medical yet? I'd start with that. For Turkey we found the packet online but you may have to wait for an email or direct mail from your embassy. You could also message someone else on VJ from Canada to figure out how the process goes from here. :)

05-04-2018: Married :jest:

AOS/EAD:

05-07-2018: Packet mailed via USPS

05-10-2018: Official NOA1 date

05-17-2018: NOA1 email/text

05-22-2018: NOA1 letter received

06-01-2018: RFE issued

06-13-2018: RFE received in the mail

06-25-2018: Response to RFE sent

06-27-2018: Response to RFE arrived at USCIS

07-07-2018: Change in online status: RFE response received 

07-10-2018: Biometrics (went before appointment & to a different office)

07-12-2018: AOS case status updated to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview”

09-29-2018: EAD case status updated to "New card is being produced"

09-30-2018: EAD case status updated to "Case was approved"

10-01-2018: EAD case status updated to "Card was mailed to me"

10-05-2018: EAD card received in the mail

10-12-2018: SSN card received in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 hours ago, Kari & Atti said:

We have a case number!!! 😍❤️🎊🍾🎉

Hi Kari & Atti,

Congrats on the case number! Do you know if yours was the option #5 or #7? Just curious since your time between NVC receiving and case number wasn't too long (much shorter than ours anyway...haha).

Thanks 

2 hours ago, baggles said:

Thank you! I would also like just an email with the CN. Do you think they will answer with it? 

The hard copy isn't sent anyway? I didn't know you had to ask for it! 

I meant to say that they will send an email. Just request in the body of your email. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
8 hours ago, enfinity83 said:

It's been five days since my case was "expedited" from NVC and in transit to the US embassy in Korea.  Still listed as "in transit" for an electronic case... what gives?

@enfinity83 I know right? My fiancé (the petitioner) got two emails from NVC. One was addressed to him to inform him about them having the case and it being forwarded to the the embassy in Seoul. It also contained the case number, invoice number, etc. The second email was addressed to me (the petitioner) and informed me that the case has been expedited (no request made for expedite -- it's probably generic language) and being forwarded to the embassy in Seoul. It's been stuck on transit for two days now, so not quite as long as yours. I have however paid for and scheduled an interview date for May 1st. I'm calling the hospital today to schedule the medical for next week. The hospital we are using St Mary's said we should schedule the interview first and then bring the appointment confirmation. I just hope they don't require anything from the packet the embassy is gonna send us. 

2 hours ago, Shav said:

Ohhh 😮 but we already submitted ds160 online yesterday night 🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐 it gave us application id🤐 now it shows from in transit to no status 😳

2 hours ago, Shav said:

Now what to do next ??

First get the checklist (Embassy Letter/P3) here https://ca.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee/appointment-checklist/

Next start asking your questions in the sub-forum for Canada. A lot of experts there that will help you. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/93-canada/  People here because of their infancy may or may not have the answer. When you get an answer like "you should call so and so" only muddles the whole process for others who may be trying to get through on the phone lines about something that may be more important. That's why I recommend to people to connected with their sub-forum.  :thumbs:

Additional information can be found here: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php?title=Canada 

Also, use the tab at the top of this page that says "Portals". Once their scroll down till you see "flags" of countries. Select Canada and you will see a wealth of information. 

Last is try doing a little research on your own, that's how we learn. Google is a first step as it has given me a lot of my information that I pass on to you and others. Case in point I Googled the Canadian US Embassy and searched through their tabs till I found the answer which provided me the checklist.

I wish you smooth sailing. :D

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
13 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

The answer to your question is YES but only if he hasn't passed the National Board of Medical Examiners.

answer is no... the beneficiary does not intend to provide services UNTIL AFTER he would become board certified in the US... unless there is intent to commit a criminal act by providing services without proper licensing...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
11 hours ago, forke said:

Hi guys! Congrats on everyone's approvals and case numbers and interview dates! :)

I have a silly question I believe, my apologies in advance. I was just curious about the NVC received dates; do you find out about these when you call or is there a different way? Just got really confused and I'm wondering if I've missed something...

When I called this morning! And later on today they sent me an email :)

Timeline
13 hours ago, Jesus said:

friends for the ds-160 there is the following question

"Are you a graduate of a foreign medical school seeking to perform medical services in the United States but have not yet passed the National Board of Medical Examiners examination or its equivalent?"

if my significant other is a physician and eventually i want her to be able to practice her career here, do we put yes? 

Its poorly worded but they are asking if you intend to practice without a license in the US. With certainty you need to answer NO! look at the 20 surrounding questions for example. Do you intend to engage in prostitution? Do you intend to abduct a relative and return to your home country? etc. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.