Megalopolis

March 2018 AOS Filers [title edited]

328 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
11 hours ago, isa_bella said:

And to @APGG94

I'm a Feb filer and received the same thing. Same situation. It has been a month since I responded, and it seems good (I think). 

In our original submission, I included a letter explaining the lack of tax return. I also included husband's W2, 6 months pay stubs,  and employment letter stating that he makes $x amount and he is a full time employee. 

Received an RFIE on that one. What I did was get a joint sponsor instead of further proving that husband makes above 125%, because we don't have any more docs to send. So I got a joint sponsor with 3 years of tax retuns and W2. 

We sent everything in again, including assets. I didnt get a joint sponsor so i hope everything is okay. I called the uscis and they told me even if i didnt send everything needed again, i would just get another letter instead of them denying right away. 

Edited by 15kaisee

02-15-18= Sent AOS

02-19-18= AOS Delivered

03-12-18= Package sent back to us for wrong payment

03-13-18= Resent AOS

03-22-18= Package sent back for an expired form

03-23-18= Resent AOS

03-26-18= AOS Delivered

04-04-18= Text/Email received

04-09-18= NOA received in the mail

04-13-18= Biometrics letter received in the mail

04-26-18= Notification of RFE sent to us

04-27-18= Biometrics Appointment

05-03-18= Sent back RFE 

05-09-18= RFE Received (working on case again)

09-01-18= New Card on order!

09-08-18= Received Combo Card!

09-11-18= Ready to be Scheduled for Interview

01-24-19= Interview Date

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
10 hours ago, thepanda said:

Thank you! That is what I exactly did too. I only swapped Form i-864 because they came out with a new form in March which I didn't see. I am glad you also resent the same paperwork and that it got accepted. I am following your timeline. If I am lucky I will receive something in about 8 days. ^_^

Are you F2A? Probably not. :D

Nope, we are on a tourist visa.

02-15-18= Sent AOS

02-19-18= AOS Delivered

03-12-18= Package sent back to us for wrong payment

03-13-18= Resent AOS

03-22-18= Package sent back for an expired form

03-23-18= Resent AOS

03-26-18= AOS Delivered

04-04-18= Text/Email received

04-09-18= NOA received in the mail

04-13-18= Biometrics letter received in the mail

04-26-18= Notification of RFE sent to us

04-27-18= Biometrics Appointment

05-03-18= Sent back RFE 

05-09-18= RFE Received (working on case again)

09-01-18= New Card on order!

09-08-18= Received Combo Card!

09-11-18= Ready to be Scheduled for Interview

01-24-19= Interview Date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Expedited EAD approved 5/3

Received interview notice in the mail today. It is scheduled for June 7th.

Fingers crossed.

Most of the documents collected. Need to organize them well.

11 minutes ago, tu2008 said:

Expedited EAD approved 5/3

Received interview notice in the mail today. It is scheduled for June 7th.

Fingers crossed.

Most of the documents collected. Need to organize them well.

Awesome!

Did you get an update online saying they'd mailed you the interview date? When did you file? :) 

02/14/18 - Married :wub: 

03/02/18 - AOS Sent 

04/02/18 - Biometrics appointment @ Field Office

04/16/18 - Courtesy letter received re: Medical

07/17/18 - EAD card in production, AP approved

07/21/18  - Combo card in hand

10/18/18 - GC Interview  (Approved on the spot)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Britinstl said:

Awesome!

Did you get an update online saying they'd mailed you the interview date? When did you file? :) 

Thank you.

Yes, I got the status update on 4/25 saying ready to schedule your interview, on 4/30 I got an update saying interview scheduled and today I got the notice in the mail.

I applied on 3/20. Please see my timeline for details.

1 hour ago, tu2008 said:

Thank you.

Yes, I got the status update on 4/25 saying ready to schedule your interview, on 4/30 I got an update saying interview scheduled and today I got the notice in the mail.

I applied on 3/20. Please see my timeline for details.

Awesome, that's great news. Good luck with the interview! 

I've been on Ready for Interview for about 2 and half weeks now... Hoping for something soon!

02/14/18 - Married :wub: 

03/02/18 - AOS Sent 

04/02/18 - Biometrics appointment @ Field Office

04/16/18 - Courtesy letter received re: Medical

07/17/18 - EAD card in production, AP approved

07/21/18  - Combo card in hand

10/18/18 - GC Interview  (Approved on the spot)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Did anyone else not get anything after biometrics were done? I had mine on April 13, and all I have still is "On March 19th we received your case etc." No fingerprint review complete, no acknowledgement of biometrics sent or completed.  Congrats to all those who already have case ready for interview! Really hoping some of your good luck rubs off.

Filed: Other Country: Turkey
Timeline
2 hours ago, saara said:

Did anyone else not get anything after biometrics were done? I had mine on April 13, and all I have still is "On March 19th we received your case etc." No fingerprint review complete, no acknowledgement of biometrics sent or completed.  Congrats to all those who already have case ready for interview! Really hoping some of your good luck rubs off.

We received Request for Initial Evidence. They sent a yellow paper sayiing "Courtesy Notice" telling that we did not submit the Form I-693 and suggesting to bring it to the interview if we get an interview scheduled. 

But our online status says RFIE had been sent and our case is "on hold" and "may be denied" if we do not provide the missing information....

Should we do anything? We are a bit confused as to should we just wait for the interview letter or do something......because we don't if interviews can be scheduled if your case is "on hold".....

I would appreciate any input. 

Relax, this is not a race.

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, MyJourney said:

We received Request for Initial Evidence. They sent a yellow paper sayiing "Courtesy Notice" telling that we did not submit the Form I-693 and suggesting to bring it to the interview if we get an interview scheduled. 

But our online status says RFIE had been sent and our case is "on hold" and "may be denied" if we do not provide the missing information....

Should we do anything? We are a bit confused as to should we just wait for the interview letter or do something......because we don't if interviews can be scheduled if your case is "on hold".....

I would appreciate any input. 

RFIE stops everything you should call asap and see whats up or make an infopass.

Timeline
13 hours ago, A&H2018 said:

RFIE stops everything you should call asap and see whats up or make an infopass.

The courtesy letter is saying: 
"You will be required to submit information and evidence to overcome the aforementioned deficiencies at a later date. Please, follow these instructions: 
If you receive an interview notice in the mail, you must bring information to address these issues to your interview appointment.

I am reading that we will get an interview letter and must present the information and evidence at that time. No? 

Edited by MyJourney

Timeline

@geowrian I would really appreciate if you can share your perspective on this situation. I find your advises to be the most informative and balanced. 

Edited by MyJourney

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Ncook122 said:

I also received the courtesy letter for the medical. I did not receive any RFEs and my AOS status says “case is ready to be scheduled for an interview”. Maybe something else is coming? According to my lawyer the medical can be submitted at the interview. 

Here are my online status updates on the two sites (old and new) and here is the actual letter. 

gdfgfdg.jpg

rgfgfdg.jpg

sdfdf.jpg

It should be fine. The I-693 can be brought to the interview, or sent before/after. It's not a document required when you initially file for AOS. It just needs to still be valid (1 year from the exam date) when they approve the I-485.

Normally an RFIE stops everything, but this looks like it's just a reminder to me.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.