LolaaBrett

March 2018 AOS Filers

1,164 posts in this topic

Update for anyone who cares.

I went to my local USCIS (Detroit)  today after my expedite request via phone call was taking far too long to process.

Ive been granted an emergency travel permit (Second one this year!!) It was straight forward and easy! I wasn’t very confident that it would be approved seeing as my uncle who has passed isn’t a blood/marital relative and I wasn’t sure how they would view it being my second emergency travel permit!

But it was all good!!

I advise anyone with a family emergency back home to not bother with the phone line! Go straight to your local office, request an emergency appointment and if successful - walk out with travel permit in hand there and then!

I still can’t beleive my initial AP and EAD still haven’t been approved!!! This sucks so much. 

Edited by Lsthorpe1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guatemala
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Lsthorpe1 said:

Update for anyone who cares.

I went to my local USCIS (Detroit)  today after my expedite request via phone call was taking far too long to process.

Ive been granted an emergency travel permit (Second one this year!!) It was straight forward and easy! I wasn’t very confident that it would be approved seeing as my uncle who has passed isn’t a blood/marital relative and I wasn’t sure how they would view it being my second emergency travel permit!

But it was all good!!

I advise anyone with a family emergency back home to not bother with the phone line! Go straight to your local office, request an emergency appointment and if successful - walk out with travel permit in hand there and then!

I still can’t beleive my initial AP and EAD still haven’t been approved!!! This sucks so much. 

That’s awesome! I’m glad you were able to get it granted so quickly! What paperwork did you need to provide to prove the emergency?

1 hour ago, Dailynm said:

That’s awesome! I’m glad you were able to get it granted so quickly! What paperwork did you need to provide to prove the emergency?

I provided evidence to show ties - my birth certificate, my dads birth certificate, my aunties birth certificate, my cousins birth certificate (Just to show a link that he’s my uncle)

and a coroners report to show that my uncle had passed. 

It was all very straightforward.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
13 hours ago, Diorella said:

hi, to those who have their green card already. did you get a 2yr. conditional or a 10 yr. GC? thanks.

2 year conditional green card.

Edited by HuckleberryFinn

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey guys,

I just had my interview today, everything went well and the lady said that "she would approve that whenever she had a break" (the place was packed)..

My question is how long does it take to get an approval after the interview?

My husband applied for adjustment of status in march 5th 2018 and biometric done on April 05 since then there was no update till date , we already made 2 expedited requests and still no response , its almost over 6 months 

timeline 

entered on K1 visa on 23 November 2017

marriage  24 december 2017

Applied AOS FEb 2018

received by USCIS on mrach 5th 2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, kamalbabbu said:

My husband applied for adjustment of status in march 5th 2018 and biometric done on April 05 since then there was no update till date , we already made 2 expedited requests and still no response , its almost over 6 months 

timeline 

entered on K1 visa on 23 November 2017

marriage  24 december 2017

Applied AOS FEb 2018

received by USCIS on mrach 5th 2018

I did my biometrics in July 2017 I just had my interview with my wife and I got approved Aug 28, 2018 same thing happened with me they just told me to sit back and wait. 

Edited by Sirisaysyes

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 2016/10/24

NOA1 : 2016/11/3

NOA2 : 2017/1/24

NVC Received : 2017/2/14

Consulate Received : 2017/2/16

Packet 3 Rec Instructions : 2017/2/23

Packet 3 Sent : 2017/3/17

Packet 4 Rec : 2017/3/20

Medical Apt : 2017/4/3

Interview Date : 2017/4/19

K1 Approved : 2017/4/19

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, swsslfn said:

Hey guys,

I just had my interview today, everything went well and the lady said that "she would approve that whenever she had a break" (the place was packed)..

My question is how long does it take to get an approval after the interview?

My case status just changed for "new card being produced" does that mean that my I485 was approved?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Just when we thought my husband would be restricted to domestic servitude forever (ha!)...his 765 has been approved!

NOA1: March 19

Biometrics: March 27

Card being Produced: August 30

We also got our 485 'Ready for Interview' notification today.  Interestingly, the updates were only on the USCIS case tracker, not on the new DHS site.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey everybody! We finally got approved for EAD and AP! 🎉🎉 no update on the ssn though...Will that come with the EAD card? My husband is worried because on the AP approval notice it says that they can still deny you parole back into the US even if you were approved. How can that be? One step closer blessed be the fruit 😂 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We messed up on the 765 paperwork and had to withdraw the application or face it being rejected by USCIS. 😖

Going to just wait for 465 to be approved.

Does anyone know how long will the green card to work with the 485 form be valid for?

We got an RFE for the 485 today and will send (again) what they say they need.

.... at least someone has touched the 485🙂

Got an update today - green card interview was scheduled! Will have to wait for the letter to find out when!

02/14/18 - Married :wub: 

03/02/18 - AOS Sent 

04/02/18 - Biometrics appointment @ Field Office

04/16/18 - Courtesy letter received re: Medical

07/17/18 - EAD card in production, AP approved

07/21/18  - Combo card in hand

10/18/18 - GC Interview  (Approved on the spot)

I have seen some many March filers got your EAD or GC, congratulations!

I really want to know how is your job hunting? Is it easy to get jobs with your EAD? What kinds of job? If you don’t mind, please share how you get the job. 

I just graduated last year, I don’t really have a skill. I am worried that it might be hard to get jobs, my first language is not English. I can speak English fluently but still not as good as native. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.