2,253 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey Everyone. Finally received approval notice. No RFE, No interview. Vermont filer late March 2018, Received 18 month extension August 18, and transferred to Texas early March 19. No updates were ever shown on the site. Good luck to everyone left waiting. Don't give up hope, your time will come. What a mess of a process.

Edited by JDAR
Auto Correct

20 hours ago, falcon26 said:

Is that all they asked?  I got RFE to show more evidence of good faith marriage - specifically saying that tax returns that I enclosed were not indicative of filing  - so I downloaded transcripts from IRS.  Then I added a lot of documents/photos/ etc.  We don't have joint accounts.

Yes that’s what I got also. They asked for lease documents and transcripts from IRS or health and life policies. We recently started using the joint account since we are buying a house. Do I have to send bank statement from the beginning or just in these last 18 months? I think home title will also help to send right? Do we need to send more photos? What other documents did you send? I was also thinking about sending affidavits from my sister and uncle since we lived with them temporarily. A will might help also right?

Hi everyone, 

My husband received RFE on 6/20 for more proof on marriage. Sent all the information to them and they received it on 7/10. He received his approval on 7/20. the website was not showing the information, since it was down, but he filed for citizenship and it is showing on the app that his card was produced on 7/20 :) Good luck everyone.

By the way, he has an estimated end date on his Naturalization of 3 months (biometrics already completed)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Latvia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Petes30 said:

Hi everyone, 

My husband received RFE on 6/20 for more proof on marriage. Sent all the information to them and they received it on 7/10. He received his approval on 7/20. the website was not showing the information, since it was down, but he filed for citizenship and it is showing on the app that his card was produced on 7/20 :) Good luck everyone.

By the way, he has an estimated end date on his Naturalization of 3 months (biometrics already completed)

Great news! My RFE was received by USCIS on 7/9 and website still shows Evidence Received. I was hoping the system was down due to a positive update, but no such luck. Still, will check website and mail religiously..

4 minutes ago, Lanala said:

Great news! My RFE was received by USCIS on 7/9 and website still shows Evidence Received. I was hoping the system was down due to a positive update, but no such luck. Still, will check website and mail religiously..

The website still showing that evidence was received. I also checked the new website and that's showing fingerprints received from last year. It's the app that is showing the update that the card was produced on 7/20.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Petes30 said:

Hi everyone, 

Congrats -- That is wonderful and the turnaround from RFE received seems reasonable.  Gives hope to a few of us.

21 minutes ago, Lanala said:

I hope you receive a positive news soon.

Mine is 7/18 received date.  

01/31/2015 : 129F sent

02/04/2015 : NOA1

07/24/2015: RFE1

08/01/2015: Received paper mail RFE1

08/03/2015: Mailed response overnite

08/04/2015: Tracking showed TSC received

08/05/2015: TSC acknowledged that my RFE was received

08/14/2015: NOA2 approved

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 7/21/2019 at 4:12 AM, blackber1 said:

Yes that’s what I got also. They asked for lease documents and transcripts from IRS or health and life policies. We recently started using the joint account since we are buying a house. Do I have to send bank statement from the beginning or just in these last 18 months? I think home title will also help to send right? Do we need to send more photos? What other documents did you send? I was also thinking about sending affidavits from my sister and uncle since we lived with them temporarily. A will might help also right?

I kind of feel like I am shooting in the dark with response to RFE.  But it feels like showing strong financial ties ranks on the top.  So anything that demonstrates this will be good.  Life insurance, estate, joint property, active bank account will work - looks like you already have them.

01/31/2015 : 129F sent

02/04/2015 : NOA1

07/24/2015: RFE1

08/01/2015: Received paper mail RFE1

08/03/2015: Mailed response overnite

08/04/2015: Tracking showed TSC received

08/05/2015: TSC acknowledged that my RFE was received

08/14/2015: NOA2 approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Latvia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, UsGer said:

I’ve been waiting for 40 days now since they’ve received my RFE. Still no change or any signs of change. 

Agh, incredibly disappointing. To me it feels like my old home is not home anymore but my new home hasn’t started yet. Living in Kafka’s Castle. What a nightmare!

52 minutes ago, falcon26 said:

I kind of feel like I am shooting in the dark with response to RFE.  But it feels like showing strong financial ties ranks on the top.  So anything that demonstrates this will be good.  Life insurance, estate, joint property, active bank account will work - looks like you already have them.

Financial ties seems to be where it’s at.  We didn’t send in tax transcripts but copies, joint accounts, bank and car loan, gas and light with my name and cable with his.  We moved so we also sent a joint lease, driver’s licenses and maybe 4 pics.  Oh, 2 Christmas cards and a wedding invitation with both our names. Also our health insurance cards.  No RFE or interview.  I should add that I’m 20 years older than my husband. 

I should add that our our bank statements clearly showed that both our cards are being used frequently.   I’m don’t know if every bank does that. 

Edited by Stone23

1 hour ago, Lanala said:

Agh, incredibly disappointing. To me it feels like my old home is not home anymore but my new home hasn’t started yet. Living in Kafka’s Castle. What a nightmare!

That’s exactly how it feels to me. I’ve been here for 5 .5 years now (I came as a student) and married 4 years ago. Since I had a work visa for a while we didn’t even apply for Greencard right away. I regret that now, since this nightmare would’ve probably already been over if we had. It’s just frustrating. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, Petes30 said:

Hi everyone, 

Wow that is fast. Mine is at Nebraska, they received my RFE 35 days ago and there is no update yet.

Anyways, congratulations!

On 7/19/2019 at 11:57 AM, marya123 said:

Still waiting.... it’s been 15 months and 3 weeks... did not file For citizenship.. 

maybe it will take a while since we moved states who knows 😥 

Hi. Where did you file. I filed in a California. It is 16 months no RFE, no interview just waiting. Hope i get it by the 19 months which is October 

23 minutes ago, ZJoburg said:

Hi. Where did you file. I filed in a California. It is 16 months no RFE, no interview just waiting. Hope i get it by the 19 months which is October 

So glad I’m not the only one. Filed March 29 at Vermont. I’m hoping that too !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.