dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2018

2,156 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
1 hour ago, Henry&Olga said:

SD - 03/06

CC - 03/29 TODAY!!! :jest::jest::jest:

How long does it take to get interview date? My Embassy is San Salvador.. anyone have an idea?

That is awesome. Congratulations!!!

Hopefully we will be getting the email soon, so we can start the next steps.

4 minutes ago, Samee&Mia 1018 said:

That is awesome. Congratulations!!!

Hopefully we will be getting the email soon, so we can start the next steps.

Next step interview!!

Hi all, been reading this site and has been interesting to get lots of info etc. I have a question as we are at the stage of sending docs to NVC, our package was tracked and required a signature on arrival. It was refused and is now being sent back to sender! Has anyone ever heard of this? We called NVC and they said they won’t accpet packages that require signatures! I’m sure I’ve read lots of time people have tracked packages etc. So frustrating!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
23 hours ago, Henry&Olga said:

Well

Method 1 is uploading to their webpage but thats only if you get a letter from them saying "You may begin online processing"

Method 2 Email processing only if your case number begins with AKD, AMM, BGH, DMS, GZO.

Method 3 if it starts with GUZ

if none of the above match with your case prefix then you have to mail. 

so if it is email processing, can I send the docs even before he IV fee clears out or shows PAID? my case is DMS. Would they accept the docs emailed to them even before the fee shows paid?

36 minutes ago, Kentman said:

Hi all, been reading this site and has been interesting to get lots of info etc. I have a question as we are at the stage of sending docs to NVC, our package was tracked and required a signature on arrival. It was refused and is now being sent back to sender! Has anyone ever heard of this? We called NVC and they said they won’t accpet packages that require signatures! I’m sure I’ve read lots of time people have tracked packages etc. So frustrating!

you can track a package without requiring a signature. you simply request (and sometimes pay) to have a tracking number attached to your mail. 

15 minutes ago, Meno said:

you can track a package without requiring a signature. you simply request (and sometimes pay) to have a tracking number attached to your mail. 

I get that but point I’m making is no where on the NVC website does it say don’t send packages that require a signature. We paid for tracking which came with signature, thinking not that would ever cause a problem! So if anything it highlights a potential delay to other people in not doing the same as us. This whole process takes long enough without needless delays.

Just now, Kentman said:

I get that but point I’m making is no where on the NVC website does it say don’t send packages that require a signature. We paid for tracking which came with signature, thinking not that would ever cause a problem! So if anything it highlights a potential delay to other people in not doing the same as us. This whole process takes long enough without needless delays.

that is true. never read anything against requiring a signature either. i hope it gets resolved quickly.

1 hour ago, Muhammadsheikhale said:

so if it is email processing, can I send the docs even before he IV fee clears out or shows PAID? my case is DMS. Would they accept the docs emailed to them even before the fee shows paid?

From what I've read yes you can. Even people like me who had to mail can send the documents earlier. To be 100% sure give NVC a call and ask.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
12 hours ago, Harmeet Kaur said:

Good morning everyone!

Last night my online status changed to "at Nvc" so first thing in the morning today I called NVC and they confirmed that my case is complete!
That was quick yayyy! Less than 4 weeks!

Now I am waiting for the interview. Do you guys know how long it will take them to schedule me an interview? Whats the process? 

Scan date: March 5

CC: March 28

Mumbai Embassy 

Congratulations. In our case also last night the status was changed to "at NVC"

Hello Everyone! :) We got our case number from NVC and completed the first step of choosing Agent few days ago. We Chose my Husband as the Agent. This morning when i checked Ceac site I saw the both pay button for IV fee and AOS fee is active now. I'm wondering which one should we pay first? Pay AOS fee OR should I first fill IV Application and pay IV Fee?? Any advice will be highly appreciated!!

Had to wait for almost a year for the approval letter to come :( so now we're just praying we don't make any errors from end and cause any further delay at NVC Stage... Please guide and advise me friends!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
9 hours ago, aywang said:

Any luck on getting ur case number?

i am at 8 weeks and 1 day now and got the spill of sending to supervisor and getting 6 weeks to respond.

i need some hope here!  I see many January 25/26 still waiting...no movements for a week.

They haven't sent your case to the supervisor at all during the 8 weeks? :o 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
3 hours ago, Rawanruru said:

After I got cc now they sent me a checklist omg 

Oh no, what for?

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.