dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2018

2,156 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 minutes ago, microdisney said:

Sometime between Feb 18th and Feb 20th, NVC received a mega batch of approvals that they weren't prepared to handle. It was our group that started being told that the norm 2 week wait for case numbers is now 8 weeks. Start reading 10 to 15 pages back for the full story. The snow storms haven't helped any either. 

I wish they done it by dates would be better 

7 hours ago, truelove29 said:

Its ridiculous how long certain things take. I think they sent my petition via carrier pigeon lol. I was approved November 15th...they didn't mail it until December 26th (got the status update of sent to department of state)...it arrived at NVC on January 8th. 

A carrier pigeon would have gotten there faster. Sorry, but I am trying to humour myself! :P 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
7 hours ago, jesserz said:

My USCIS status changed from "we approved your I-130" to "we sent your petition to the department of state." I did not know that was going to happen. There were 14 days between the two dates. So, mail takes like 3 days to get from Nebraska to New Hampshire, so I should imagine they'll receive it anywhere between tomorrow and death.

In this day and age, you'd think these things would be more streamlined. 

Anyone else get the "we sent your petition to the department of state?" Do you think it means that it left USCIS that day? Phone calls to NVC continue to be a dead end.

My NOA2 was approved on Feb 12. I received it in mail on Feb 20 and on the same day my USCIS status changed to "we sent your petition to department of state". I called NVC on March 5 and they told me they received it on Feb 28 (I hope that's true, haven't called after that) so, it takes 8-9 days for the petition to reach NVC. I will call today. I hope they don't disappoint me.

Timeline
27 minutes ago, ABK said:

My NOA2 was approved on Feb 12. I received it in mail on Feb 20 and on the same day my USCIS status changed to "we sent your petition to department of state". I called NVC on March 5 and they told me they received it on Feb 28 (I hope that's true, haven't called after that) so, it takes 8-9 days for the petition to reach NVC. I will call today. I hope they don't disappoint me.

Hi I was approved on feb 12 also and received the mail feb 16 Uscis Status  change same day saying sent to department of state. I gave nvc few weeks then called and was told they received my case on the feb 23. Was also told it takes 8 weeks so hope we get through soon

Edited by crissyfisher

Timeline
22 minutes ago, ABK said:

True! That would be fair for everyone too

Yea then we could have keep track with our case better

Timeline
17 minutes ago, crissyfisher said:

Hi I was approved on feb 12 also and received the mail feb 16 Uscis Status  change same day saying sent to department of state. I gave nvc few weeks then called and was told they received my case on the feb 23. Was also told it takes 8 weeks so hope we get through soon

I really hope it doesn't take 8 weeks to get case #. Did you call again?

Timeline
20 minutes ago, crissyfisher said:

When I called, the lady said it'll take 4 weeks...although it's a pivot case

Edited by ABK

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, microdisney said:

Sometime between Feb 18th and Feb 20th, NVC received a mega batch of approvals that they weren't prepared to handle. It was our group that started being told that the norm 2 week wait for case numbers is now 8 weeks. Start reading 10 to 15 pages back for the full story. The snow storms haven't helped any either. 

My case was received Feb 16th and I haven't got a case number  yet. I  am in the same boat as you guys! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, MrsKhan said:

My case was received Feb 16th and I haven't got a case number  yet. I  am in the same boat as you guys! 

As per the discussions in this forum, NVC has generated case numbers till receipt date of feb 14 (Although there are some exceptions). You might receive your case number by the end of this week or early next week. :) NVC received my case on 21st of feb. So I'm waiting too. fingers crossed! :thumbs:

Application Sent                   : 04/26/2017

Req. for missing info           : 05/25/2017

NoA1                                      : 06/15/2017 (Sent to TSC)

NoA2                                      : 01/31/2018

Sent to NVC                           : 02/13/2018

NVC Received                       : 02/21/2018

Case #      ??                          : 03/29/2018

DS-261 filled                          : 04/02/2018 (same day as the link got activated, no welcome letter still)

AoS fee paid                          : 04/04/2018 (after receiving the NVC welcome letter in the afternoon)

IV fee                                       : 04/07/2018 (paid on the same date as received)

AoS & IV status to 'paid'       : 04/12/2018 (DS-260 link active)

DS-260                                     : 04/18/2018 (got logged out multiple times and completed it over 2 days) 

Send Aos and IV packets     : 04/25/2018 (USPS 3 day delivery expected to reach on 04/28/2018)

SD                                             : 04/30/2018 (USPS notified that it was delivered on 04/27/2018)

CC                                             : 05/07/2018 

*******  [Interview date received on 05/10/2018]  *******

Medical                                    : 06/18/2018

VAC (biometric)                      : 06/19/2018

Interview                                  : 06/22/2018 @ Bombay(Mumbai) Consulate in India   :whistle::dancing:

POE                                           : 09/11/2018 (have to serve the notice period in office -_-)

:pop: 

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
13 minutes ago, HariMS said:

As per the discussions in this forum, NVC has generated case numbers till receipt date of feb 14 (Although there are some exceptions). You might receive your case number by the end of this week or early next week. :) NVC received my case on 21st of feb. So I'm waiting too. fingers crossed! :thumbs:

I really hope so. Good luck to us!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
7 hours ago, Muhammadsheikhale said:

Congrats Ali. that was quick! Are you interviewing in Beirut? I am considering to slow down the process a bit to see what happens with the bans (for Syrians!) 

Good luck

Thank you , yes my interview with be at the us embassy in Aokar. Well i dont know if that has to do anything with Lebanese citizens 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey everyone,

in order to track the case received - case number assigned status better, shall we start a list? It would be awesome for everyone to see when case numbers assigned for which dates.

If anyone of you has a suggestion how to do this (I am literally IT illiterate)...?

My NVC receive date is Feb 22nd - no Case Nr yet - Pivot case.

On 3/21/2018 at 2:31 PM, peachouille said:

Called NVC, case was received on March 15th. Countdown to 8 weeks starts now (hopefully it doesn't take 8 weeks :clock:).

We are together :) hopeful for good

IR-1 - Nebraska Service Center - Embassy - Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

• 08/08/2017 - Sent I-130 Application
  • 08/11/2017 - I-130 Accepted
  • 08/11/2017 -  NOA-1 via Email
  • 02/28/2018 - I-130 Approved
  • 03/06/2018 - Case Sent to NVC
  • 03/14/2018 - Package Received By NVC
  • 04/21/2018 - Case Assigned & Invoice ID
  • 04/24/2018 - Filed DS 261
  • 04/26/2018 - Welcome Letter Received
  • 04/30/2018 - AOS fee status - PAID
  • 05/01/2018 - IV fee status - PAID
  • 05/02/2018 - Completed DS-260
  • 05/07/2018 - Documents Mailed to NVC
  • 05/10/2018 - NVC Received Documents ( SD )
  • 05/15/2018 - Case Completed - ( CC )
  • 06/01/2018 - Interview Schedule For 07/08/2018
  • 07/08/2018 - VISA APPROVED

___________________________________________________________________________________

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.