aesp

Case Was Received At My Local Office

1,585 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, corvusheart said:

How many of you submitted case inquiries regarding the missing phantom notice connected to the "bug" number? And how many of you didn't bother?

I didn't since I'm pretty sure all I'll get back is "your case is within processing time..."

Lifting Conditions                                                                Citizenship

CIS Office:  California Service Center                               Service Center:   Lewisville TX Lockbox

Date Filed:  01/19/2017                                                      CIS Office:           Greer, SC

NOA Date:  01/25/2017                                                      Date Filed:           03/06/2018

Bio App.:     02/15/2017                                                      NOA Date:           03/10/2018

RFE:                                                                                        Bio Appt.:             03/29/2018

Interview Date:                                                                     Interview Date:    07/12/2018

Approval:                                                                               Approved:

Got I551 Stamp: Yes                                                           Oath Ceremony:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

heres the update

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/#mainContent

looks like the updated csc its not grayed out no more 17.5 to 19 months at CSC

K-1 Visa Timeline

I-129F Received : 2014-08-29

NOA1 : 2014-09-03

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-10-07

NVC Received : 2014-10-30

Paid visa fee $265 : 2014-11-19

Submitted DS-160 Form 2014-11-19

Interview scheduled - 2015-1-22

Visa Issued and in Hand on 2015-1-31!!       

AOS Timeline

Mailed out AOS Package to USCIS to Chicago Lockbox with tracking and signature 2015-05-09

Received email and text notification of AOS package 2015-05-15

Received hard copy of NOA1's for 3 AOS packet 2015-05-21

Successful Biometrics walk in SF Field Office on 2015-06-03

Got email notification AOS interview scheduled on 2015-09-03

Green Card in Hand - 2015-10-14!!! YAY!!!

I-751 ( ROC )

July 8, 2017 mailed I-751 packet via USPS Priority Mail with Tracking #

July 10th, 2017 I-751 Package was delivered to PO Box to USCIS Laguna Niguel

July 12, 2017  Check cashed from CSC

July 13, 2017 Received NOA1 in the mail, NOA1 Dated July 10th

February 26, 2018 case transferred to local office

August 17, 2018 Received new extension letter

September 19, 2018 Case transferred and new office has jurisdiction

September 24th, 2018 Received case transfer notice in the mail to Texas Center

October 17, 2018 Card in Production APPROVED!!! WHOO-WHOO!!!!:dance::dance:

NO RFE or Interview on ROC I751!!!

October 22nd, 2018 USPS tracking updated GC to arrive on Oct 24th!

October 23rd, 2018 Green Card in Hand!!

N-400

Dec 15th, 2018 Filed online and got NOA1

Dec 21st, 2018 Biometrics Appointment scheduled online scheduled for Jan 9th 2019

Jan 2nd, 2019 Successful Biometrics walk in

September 27, 2019 Interview Scheduled for Nov 8, 2019

Interview on Nov 8, 2019 Passed! :dance::wow:

Oath Ceremony scheduled on Dec 12, 2019

Attended Oath Ceremony Officially a US Citizen! :wow::dance:

Applied for US Passport Dec 12th, 2019

Passport in hand on Jan 17th, 2020

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
23 minutes ago, zeta054 said:

heres the update

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/#mainContent

looks like the updated csc its not grayed out no more 17.5 to 19 months at CSC

Edited by Ksenia_O

OK today I got an update on my case status ( myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov) saying that card is being produced. No update that my case is approved, straight that my card is being produced.

Now, if I check it on the regular case status site , theres no update apart from the mass mailing "case received at local office ". If their system isnt playing games , there's a strong possibility my case was approved.

Now i'll put down a timeline of events for your reference for i751 VSC filing.

April 2017  -  FIled i751

April 19 2017  - They received my case and will be working on it with a i 1751 receipt number " which didnt work at all.

May 2017  - Did biometrics and received a " CRI 89 receipt number "  ( lets just leave it here since there are no more updates to CRI89 till date )

Feb 27 2018 - Case was received at my local office update ( wasnt aware of this until later in March 2018 )

March 15 2018 - Setup an infopass appointment and got i551 stamp. Officer was very nice and we had a good conversation about certain foods. Gave me 1 year travel extension , 6 month work permit but also stated that I should be receiving some news by then ( dont recall if he just said "news " or "good news " ) . He didnt tell me anything about any delays as most of you might have been informed.

March 16 2018 - Came to know about the mass " case is transferred to local office " update. Called USCIS and asked them to verify which receipt number to refer to and they confirmed "CRI89" not "i 751 ".

March 28 2018 - Called USCIS to verify again and got the same information :blink:. gave them my " i 751 receipt number " just to check .. BOOM, she tells me my case is actually at local office and should be scheduled for an interview. HOwever , processing times are delayed and I should get an update or interview notice within 1.5 to 2.5 year.

:o

April 2 2018 - Card is being produced !!!! ( Need a hard letter copy until IM assured) 

Moral of the story - if the notice I received is true , then THEY REALLY DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON !!!!!!. The lady must have looked up my case status at regular site and case processing times and informed me the same. It is better to make a USCIS account to get relevant updates.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, gc@gc said:

"field offices" as 21.5 to 46.5  :jest:

yep, I've seen that. The funny thing - the first time it gave me up to 19 month... I wrote my comment, got back to check again... Yes, a sad story again - up to 46 months. Removed my comment :)

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Element said:

OK today I got an update on my case status ( myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov) saying that card is being produced. No update that my case is approved, straight that my card is being produced.

Now, if I check it on the regular case status site , theres no update apart from the mass mailing "case received at local office ". If their system isnt playing games , there's a strong possibility my case was approved.

Now i'll put down a timeline of events for your reference for i751 VSC filing.

April 2017  -  FIled i751

April 19 2017  - They received my case and will be working on it with a i 1751 receipt number " which didnt work at all.

May 2017  - Did biometrics and received a " CRI 89 receipt number "  ( lets just leave it here since there are no more updates to CRI89 till date )

Feb 27 2018 - Case was received at my local office update ( wasnt aware of this until later in March 2018 )

March 15 2018 - Setup an infopass appointment and got i551 stamp. Officer was very nice and we had a good conversation about certain foods. Gave me 1 year travel extension , 6 month work permit but also stated that I should be receiving some news by then ( dont recall if he just said "news " or "good news " ) . He didnt tell me anything about any delays as most of you might have been informed.

March 16 2018 - Came to know about the mass " case is transferred to local office " update. Called USCIS and asked them to verify which receipt number to refer to and they confirmed "CRI89" not "i 751 ".

March 28 2018 - Called USCIS to verify again and got the same information :blink:. gave them my " i 751 receipt number " just to check .. BOOM, she tells me my case is actually at local office and should be scheduled for an interview. HOwever , processing times are delayed and I should get an update or interview notice within 1.5 to 2.5 year.

:o

April 2 2018 - Card is being produced !!!! ( Need a hard letter copy until IM assured) 

Moral of the story - if the notice I received is true , then THEY REALLY DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON !!!!!!. The lady must have looked up my case status at regular site and case processing times and informed me the same. It is better to make a USCIS account to get relevant updates.

Congrats anyway!!! :)

2 minutes ago, Ksenia_O said:

yep, I've seen that. The funny thing - the first time it gave me up to 19 month... I wrote my comment, got back to check again... Yes, a sad story again - up to 46 months. Removed my comment :)

they arent that stable  :D

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Element said:

Thank you. I hope we all get it in time.

I'm June 2017 filer.... And CSC. I believe  - still a long way to go.

But watching your, guys, recent approvals makes me really happy!!!! :) At least it proves - things are slow, but they are  moving anyway :) :) 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello guys! I sent an inquiry regarding the “if you do not receive your notice by march 28,2018, please do a case inquiry blah blah”

And I got this on my e-mail:

“The status of this service request is:

On 03/30/2018, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your I-751 / CRI89 to notify us that you have not received your biometrics appointment notice. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved. 

Thank you for your inquiry regarding an appointment to have your biometric images processed at an Application Support Center (ASC). We are unfortunately experiencing a longer processing period than what is reflected on your Form I-751 Receipt Notice.  Be advised that USCIS may be able to reuse the previously captured fingerprints and other biometrics for some applicants and have their biometrics copied into our systems.  In addition, USCIS can run the same security checks and use the same biometric data as in the past and may not need to schedule an additional biometrics appointment.  However, if a biometric appointment is necessary, USCIS will schedule your appointment electronically and mail the appointment notice to your current mailing address. The biometrics fee will not be refunded.”

But I already did my biometrics last August 2017. The message is the case status regarding that my I-751 receipt was received at my local office. So I did an inquiry since it says there that if you do not received your noting by March 28,2018. 

This is weird.. 

*CSC-July 2017 Filer*

God has perfect timing; never early, never late. It takes a little patience and it takes a lot of faith but it's worth the wait. ❤️

I was on a K-1 Visa on 2014.

I-751 Timeline California Service Center:

• Sent Packet: July 03,2017
  • NOA 1 Receipt Date: July 05,2017
  • NOA 2 Receipt Date: July 14,2017
  • Biometrics: August 02, 2017
  • Case Received at My Local Office - No Mail Notice- Just Online Status: February 26,2018
  • I-551 Stamp: August 13, 2018
  • 18 Months Extension Letter Receipt Date: August 18,2018
  • 18 Months Extension Letter Received: August 25, 2018
  • New Card is being Produced: October 15, 2018
  • Case was Approved: October 16,2018
  • Card was Mailed to me: October 17,2018
  • Card was picked up by the USPS: October 18,2018
  • Card Received/on Hand: October 19,2018

N-400 Timeline Las Vegas Field Office:

• Online Application : January 03,2019
  • Biometrics Appointment Scheduled: January 04, 2019
  • Biometrics: January 25, 2019
  • Interview Scheduled: August 16,2019
  • Interview Day: September 23, 2019
  • Approved Application: September 23, 2019
  • Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled: October 10,2019
  • Naturalization Day: November 15,2019
  • Passport Applied: November 15,2019 (Regular Processing)
  • Passport Received: January 07, 2020

IR-5 Timeline California Service Center - MOTHER:

• I-30 Online Application - January 08, 2020
  • NOA 1 Receipt Notice Received - January 13,2020
  • Approved (Approval Notice was uploaded online) - May 18,2020
  • NVC Number was issued via E-mail - May 18,2020
  • Submitted Documents on CEAC - July 23,2020
  • Documentarily Qualified - September 29,2020

Waiting for the interview schedule before doing the medical....

IR-5 Timeline California Service Center- FATHER

• I-30 Online Application : January 08,2020
  • NOA 1 Receipt Notice Received: January 13, 2020
  • Approved (Approval Notice was uploaded online) - October 23,2020
  • NVC Number was issued via E-mail - October 28,2020
  • Submitted Documents on CEAC - November 02,2020
  • Documentarily Qualified - January 27,2021

Waiting for the interview schedule before doing the medical....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Element said:

Thank you. I hope we all get it in time.

Congrats on your approval, but to me, VSC approvals are not big surprise, VSC is moving smooth and steady with their cases. CSC is where the real issues are, they're really slow.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Ksenia_O said:

yesterday an officer at info pass told me that we should check  I-751 by CSC (or VSC) processing time. So far it's 19 month for CSC. Most likely everybody who applied last 6 or so months will get interview, but our cases still at CSC/VSC.   

event.png

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Jerry and Elena said:

yesterday an officer at info pass told me that we should check  I-751 by CSC (or VSC) processing time. So far it's 19 month for CSC. Most likely everybody who applied last 6 or so months will get interview, but our cases still at CSC/VSC.   

I also believe so - case are still in VCS or CSC. At least the most of them. They probably have been moved, from  "reviving room" to  a "waiting to be reviewed" room. But yes still there. 

About interview... It's hard to believe they will be able to interview that many people.. Besides, to have an interview  - the case has to be sent to your Local (Field) USCIS Office.... But - let's wait and see :)

Timeline

@Element

This is all very confusing. Few questions for you -

1.) So which number should we check with? I-751 or CR-89? Are you saying that by creating a USCIS account you can check both numbers.

2.) Why did they give you a one year travel BUT ONLY six months EAD?

Just now, Ksenia_O said:

I also believe so - case are still in VCS or CSC. At least the most of them. They probably have been moved, from  "reviving room" to  a "waiting to be reviewed" room. But yes still there. 

About interview... It's hard to believe they will be able to interview that many people.. Besides, to have an interview  - the case has to be sent to your Local (Field) USCIS Office.... But - let's wait and see :)

I think the best approach might be to just file the N400 to speed things up when you are eligible.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.