aesp

Case Was Received At My Local Office

1,585 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Jameson78 said:

File a writ of mandamus. It'll cost you some money, but it's the only thing that makes these idiots do the job that they already get paid for. They'll sh*t their pants and adjudicate your application once they see the filing, you won't have to actually litigate it.

Well that probably cost me $10K-$15K that I don't have. I heard now that my lawyer can follow up with CIS where they process the background checks?

Is there anything else I could do? My husband and me go to the Info Pass in July so I might gonna tell them that I will file a writ of mandamus maybe they don't want it and get me an answer of why my case is still pending. Another member also wrote me that they are NOV 2016 filer and are in the same boat. The senator can't do anything since USCIS is claiming they are waiting for my background check to clear. I have to say I traveled a lot international since I am waiting and someone told me that this could be a reason. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Same is with my case ..it stated that my case was transfer on February 25th. 2018 to the local office.  my birthday is the on Feb 25th. so I laughed about USCIS giving me a gift.

On 6/26/2018 at 2:51 PM, lissatt89 said:

WOW I think I am the only person who is still waiting for their I 751 to be approved  as a OCTOBER 2016 filer. Case was put on hold because of security clearance is pending but I have nothing on my record. Already sent a inquiry, talked to my lawyer, contacted the senator who I still didn't hear back from and also made an Infopass appointment which will be July 10th. I strongly believe that they lost my case. Every time I request for a status update, I get the same message that my case is being processed and that there are no new updates. I am outside normal processing time and slowly I am loosing hope. Besides that, I am going through a divorce now which I believe shouldn't be a problem with all the evidence we have. I would just like to know if anyone else is in the same boat as me or did everybody got approved for filers after October 2016??

I am in the same boat. October 2016 OAS. I inquired about taking so long and i got same response as you about security clearance.

On 6/25/2018 at 8:50 PM, Flor_desalv said:

Does this mean we will be getting a new extension letter?

Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 9.49.08 PM.png

I surely hope this means we get new extension letters. Seems promising! What is the likelihood that they'll be mailed before the previous ones' expiration though?? That worries me.....

08-06-14 : Married

08-22-14 : I-130 Sent

08-27-14 : NOA1

01-16-15 : NOA2

02-24-15 : NVC Received

02-28-15 : Submit DS-261 (originally)

04-03-15 : Resubmit DS-261 (DONT TOUCH THE LINK WHEN WAITING FOR DS-261 TO BE REVIEWED!!!!)

04-13-15 : AOS Invoice Paid

04-14-15 : IV Invoice Paid

05-21-15 : Sent AOS & IV Package

05-26-15 : Scan Date

06-21-15 : Received checklist

07-02-15 : New scan date

07-25-15 : Logged onto CEAC and saw three N/A's!

08-18-15 : Requested Expedite

08-20-15 : Expedite under review
08-24-15 : Expedite accepted
08-25-15 : Case in Transit!
08-26-15 : Scheduled interview date for October 6th!
08-27-15 : Case status on ceac shows "ready"!
09-01-15 : Rescheduled interview date for September 18th
09-18-15 : Interview and APPROVED!!!!!
10-15-15 : Entry into the United States

Removal of Conditions 
09-16-17 : I-751 packet sent
09-19-17 : I-751 packet received
09-21-17 : Money order cashed
09-23-17 : Received NOA1 dated 9/19/17
10-02-17 : Received Biometrics Appt. for 10/13/17

N-400 Filing
07-18-18 : Online filing and payment sent
07-18-18: Receipt Notice
08-06-18: Biometrics Appointment

On 7/3/2018 at 5:28 PM, bargearase said:

I am in the same boat. October 2016 OAS. I inquired about taking so long and i got same response as you about security clearance.

What country are you originally from? My info pass appointment is next week and I need to get a 551 Stamp so I can travel. Do you think they will give me one since the background is pending? Really strange but I will hopefully have more information next week. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
44 minutes ago, cucu91 said:

Hi there, I'm a dec2017 filler and my case was transfer to a different office on June 11! I'm a California filler! It's a good thing or the process is going to be longer? And anyone knows when I can do inquiry about the case? Thanks

These transfers have been occurring from the California Service Center for 6 months now. There doesn't seem to be any evidence that a transfer makes things quicker or slower. Seems more like a procedural/administrative move.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 hour ago, Russ&Caro said:

These transfers have been occurring from the California Service Center for 6 months now. There doesn't seem to be any evidence that a transfer makes things quicker or slower. Seems more like a procedural/administrative move.

1 hour ago, Russ&Caro said:

We received a status update online that our case was received at out local office in february, which would be Dallas but at infopass they said CSC still had it. 

Hi guys just check on the case status tracker app with around 250 receipt numbers near my cases and looks like there’s a whole bunch of “we transferred your case and other office has jurisdiction over your case “ status. Unless all those people also filed for N-400, then this is new. You can check with WAC171960002-250

Does anybody know if I should have complications with getting a I 551 Stamp? I have an info pass appointment and I got a stamp last year in September but I received a new passport and need a new stamp now so I can travel. I am asking because for whatever reason USCIS said that my case is on hold until security clearance or until my background check is not pending anymore so I am kind of nervous that they don't give me a new stamp. Anybody had experience with that?

UPDATE: 

VT MAY 2016 filer to remove conditions

- I was sent a letter requesting more evidence

- June 27th they said they received it and its  no longer on hold. they will proceed with the application and will send a letter with the decision made. that was up until last night.

- This morning, July 12th, on USCIS case status, my case was transferred to local office to schedule and interview and I will get the letter in the mail for the interview.

why are they doing all this and taking so long! We are happily married, no fake business here! smh

SN- My husband and I just came back from an international vacation trip and my expired green card and letter of extension worked smoothly. no questions asked, no delays or anything! thank God. 

now I just need the card to get this thing done and over with. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

5 days ago I received a letter to send more evidence ... but there is a big problem, we are in the process of divorce. I do not know what to do. Will I be called for an interview? Someone with the same problem ? Managed to solve?
PS: In the online system does not appear the last opinion, I received a letter.

VT FEBRUARY 2017 filer to remove conditions

MARCH 2018 - Case Was Received At My Local Office

JULY 2018 - REQUEST FOR EVIDENCE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

We did not have any problems with getting the passport stamped.  After temporary extension expired we set an appointment and at the front countr interview,  the officer only verified that my why wife was the one applicant.  He extended for one more year her temporary visa and proceeded to void the card by opening holes in it.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline
On 7/12/2018 at 11:58 AM, lay47 said:

UPDATE: 

VT MAY 2016 filer to remove conditions

- I was sent a letter requesting more evidence

- June 27th they said they received it and its  no longer on hold. they will proceed with the application and will send a letter with the decision made. that was up until last night.

- This morning, July 12th, on USCIS case status, my case was transferred to local office to schedule and interview and I will get the letter in the mail for the interview.

why are they doing all this and taking so long! We are happily married, no fake business here! smh

SN- My husband and I just came back from an international vacation trip and my expired green card and letter of extension worked smoothly. no questions asked, no delays or anything! thank God. 

now I just need the card to get this thing done and over with. 

sorry to hear that! what did you send as first evidence and what did they ask for on the RFE?

that's a very long time processing for a VT case

Edited by CharlieBrown

I-751

ROC SENT:.......11/20/2017

NOA: ................01/12/2017

BIO.: .................26/12/2017

Got an email from the post office. Anyone has a clue what this could be? My case is still outside normal processing time ( filed Oct. 2016 ) sent a couple requests and also had my senator sent a request until we both received a message that my case is pending due to background checks. Now I received this email with this letter and I'm crazy nervous that it could be something bad. No updates online yet. Maybe an RFE or Interview? 

unnamed-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.