aesp

Case Was Received At My Local Office

1,585 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
1 minute ago, Natonstan said:

Ah okay, thanks for that clarification Nikkosan, that's what I was presuming but I got a bit scared there when I saw peoples stamps had a specific length written on them

I totally understand.

I've had two stamps myself (one when I misplaced my green card in 2015 and another one as a 1-year extension for the ROC). Both were/are for 1 year and needed as I frequently travel internationally and need to show proof of LPR status to both the airline/security employees in the foreign country, and the CBP officers at the border.

Ultimately, as I mentioned, you continue to be a LPR until a decision has been made on your submission.

F-1 Visa: Academic years 2007/2010.

K-1 Visa: I-129F sent Aug 2013; Approved Jan 2014.

Green Card: AOS sent Feb 2014; Approved Jan 2015.

Removal of Conditions: I-751 sent Nov 2016; Approved Apr 2018.

US Citizenship: Application sent Nov 2017; Fingerprints Nov 2017; Civics/English exam March 2018; Oath May 2018.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Natonstan said:

Wait, so once the 1 year extension letter is through we really have no protection? My 1 year extension expired last month (March 2018) and I've not bothered getting the stamp due to having no travel plans, I do work full time and have not had anyone bring it up, in fact nobody in HR even asked for the Extension letter, now it's sounding like I NEED to go and get a stamp?

You are good :) As long as you are IN the US and your employer doesn't ask for a proof of your status or you don't have to renew your Driver Licence - you don't really need a I-551 stamp.

Same here - my DL is valid til 2023. My employer has never asked for a proof of my status here. And I'm getting a stamp just because of an international trip in Fall.

Edited by Ksenia_O

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Natonstan said:

Ah okay, thanks for that clarification Nikkosan, that's what I was presuming but I got a bit scared there when I saw peoples stamps had a specific length written on them

We should have our 10 years green card withing the time frame, given on a stamp....USCIS believes ;)

I've read somewhere they don't really want you to have both at the same time - a stamp and a green card...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
my_logo.png

Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction 

what is this mean ?? I just got this after a few weeks ago i got an update saying that my case was transfer to a local office im a feb 2017 csc filler

1 hour ago, peruano2013 said:
my_logo.png

what is this mean ?? I just got this after a few weeks ago i got an update saying that my case was transfer to a local office im a feb 2017 csc filler

Same with me... 02/17 CSC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
my_logo.png

Did you apply for naturalization? I’m from Peru btw !! Saludos 

my_logo.png

it seems that happened to many cases in csc 

14 hours ago, peruano2013 said:
my_logo.png

Hmm, we had a few of these for the January 2017 CSC filers a couple weeks ago... one of them got an interview, haven't heard from the others yet...

Spoiler

K-1 Fiance Visa:
I-129F Sent:     2013-09-30
I-129F NOA1:     2013-10-03
I-129F NOA2:     2013-11-01
Interview Date:     2014-01-15
US Entry:     2014-02-06
Marriage:     2014-03-22

Adjustment Of Status:
Date Filed:     2014-04-19
NOA Date:     2014-04-24
Bio. Appt.:     2014-05-27
Interview waived!!

Approval Date:     2015-04-06
Greencard Received:     2015-04-15

Removing Conditions:
Date Filed:     2017-01-23
NOA Date:     2017-01-27

Bio. Appt.:     2017-02-13

"Case received at local office":    2018-02-26 and 2018-03-05 --- Not a case transfer. Still waiting!

Approved:     2018-06-22

Looks like the CRI-89 number is now defunct because it's still showing they received my case on Sept 28th 2016. All of my updates have been entered under the I-751 number. This includes approval, card production and card mail-out. At first, these messages seemed to be glitches again since a lot of people, even people approved some weeks after me, were getting the exact same notifications at the exact same time. However, I do have a priority delivery coming to me tomorrow from USCIS in Corbin, KY as do these other people, so I believe these latest mass status updates to be true. They seem to be streamlining things.

The whole "local office" thing - I still believe they picked the most generic message they could once they got the I-751 case number active and inadvertently caused mass panic with their poor decision-making. They could have written something like "we received your case at our service center" instead of making everyone think they had to go to an interview.

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

I'm struggling with this new status. My case status changed to "My case was received at my local office" in March 5th. Do you guys think we will get an appointment for interview? or do you think they are so behind on cases that they are transferring cases to local offices? (December 2017 filler - Vermont).

9 minutes ago, Noelia89 said:

I'm struggling with this new status. My case status changed to "My case was received at my local office" in March 5th. Do you guys think we will get an appointment for interview? or do you think they are so behind on cases that they are transferring cases to local offices? (December 2017 filler - Vermont).

almost everyone got that message

33 minutes ago, Noelia89 said:

"Case received at local office" = the office you sent your packet to (VSC or CSC). It just moves from room to room. Your case has not been transferred unless they explicitly use the word "transfer" and notify you by mail exactly where it was moved to.

You are not more/less likely to get an interview than anyone else due to that message.

Spoiler

K-1 Fiance Visa:
I-129F Sent:     2013-09-30
I-129F NOA1:     2013-10-03
I-129F NOA2:     2013-11-01
Interview Date:     2014-01-15
US Entry:     2014-02-06
Marriage:     2014-03-22

Adjustment Of Status:
Date Filed:     2014-04-19
NOA Date:     2014-04-24
Bio. Appt.:     2014-05-27
Interview waived!!

Approval Date:     2015-04-06
Greencard Received:     2015-04-15

Removing Conditions:
Date Filed:     2017-01-23
NOA Date:     2017-01-27

Bio. Appt.:     2017-02-13

"Case received at local office":    2018-02-26 and 2018-03-05 --- Not a case transfer. Still waiting!

Approved:     2018-06-22

1 hour ago, AmelieAino said:

"Case received at local office" = the office you sent your packet to (VSC or CSC). It just moves from room to room. Your case has not been transferred unless they explicitly use the word "transfer" and notify you by mail exactly where it was moved to.

You are not more/less likely to get an interview than anyone else due to that message.

Thank you!! I was a little bit confused.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.