aesp

Case Was Received At My Local Office

1,585 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, sweetswinks said:

Sounds good. Make it anonymous so nobody can see your name and picture on the spreadsheet. (or maybe don't use your real gmail for that?)

Plus make it editable for anonymous people.

Edited by divorcedgayman

Wow another random approval now it's Oct.2017 CSC. Just read on their thread.

ROC -"CSC"

Package sent: 07/31/17

22 minutes ago, Tcarrol said:

No.  Someone on that thread said that all approvals come from The National Benefits Center in Missouri.  That was the return address on the envelope.  I don't know for sure who approved our application, whether it was California or our local office in Pennsylvania.  Our attorney in California is a big firm and they said we were their only ROC client approved since 2016, so they are trying to find out an answer as well.

I never heard of approvals coming from Missouri.threads I follow report approvals from cervice center they filed at or local offices. So confusing! Maybe they transferred your case there before approval. One thing for sure - it's NOT coming from local office. Great news regardless!

Edited by Scazy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Inna&Chris said:

Wow another random approval now it's Oct.2017 CSC. Just read on their thread.

Whoa. They said they had not even done their biometrics yet. How is this possible?!

05-18-2022: Filed N-400 online. Received online NOA and Biometrics re-use.

06-03-2022: Interview scheduled (online notice).

06-10-2022: Interview letter received via USPS.

07-11-2022: Naturalization Interview

Click here for my full timeline of K1, AOS, ROC, and Naturalization
:time:--> http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Most of us Oct 17 filers from CSC havent received biometrics letter yet and its been 5 months. That approval has shocked us too

K-1 Journey

2015 01 14 : I-129F Mailed

2015 01 22: NOA-2

2015 03 09 : Packet 3 Received

2015 05 19 : Interview - PASSED (K-1 Visa Approved)

2015 08 19 : Arrived U.S.

2015 10 30 : Married :dance:

AOS Journey

11/05/2015: AOS Package Mailed

11/07/2015: AOS Delivered

11/15/2015: NOAx3 text and email received

11/18/2015: NOAx3 received via mail date 11/10/2015

11/26/2015: Received biometrics letter scheduled for 12/10/2015

12/10/2015: Biometrics completed

01/08/2016: Case status update I-485 "New card being produced"

01/10/2016: Case status update I-485 "Case approved"

01/12/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card was mailed to me"

01/13/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card picked up by USPS

01/15/2016: GREENCARD IN HAND!! DONE FOR NOW!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

1 minute ago, sweetswinks said:

Whoa. They said they had not even done their biometrics yet. How is this possible?!

Cuz lots of people didn't get bio appointments, some of them got them waived as well. My guess is that CSC is so overloaded they just can't handle everything. I'm an Aug filer 2017, and been waiting for bio 3 months, never got any, then after several service requests they finally sent me a waiver notice. I think there are bunch of examples like this.

ROC -"CSC"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Val2014 said:

Omgosh!!! This is great news. You said you added your wac # to your online account? So if i am checking my account only by using "case status" I should actually create an account? Also just to confirm, what day in Nov is your NOA? I am Dec 22 so im just trying to see if they are working early nov or late nov 🤞🏼🤞🏼. Congradulations. Please keep us posted o  what the notice says and where it is coming from. 

Yes, I added my wac # to my online account and that's what popped up.  I already had an account cause I applied for the N400 online but I guess you can create one.  My NOA is 11/30/16.

AOS from F1

11/13/2014: Concurrent filing of forms I-130, I-485, and I-765 at Chicago Lockbox

11/18/2014: NOA 1

12/11/2014: Biometric Appointment

01/16/2015: NOA 2

02/27/2015: Employment Authorization Card Received

02/27/2015: Interview

03/09/2015: Green Card Received

Timeline
34 minutes ago, fatty1011 said:

Hey There !  just a quick ask- are you a VSC or CSC filer ? All the best !!

CSC and thanks.

AOS from F1

11/13/2014: Concurrent filing of forms I-130, I-485, and I-765 at Chicago Lockbox

1 hour ago, teshah said:

February 26, 2018

We received your case

You do not need to do anything at this time

We will begin processing your case and will review it to make sure you have submitted all of the required information and documents. We will let you know if we need anything else from you.

If you do not receive your notice by March 28, 2018, send us a case inquiry and select that you did not receive your notice by mail.

This is rather interesting to me.  I am following three other cases in myUSCIS, and they all say that the case is being prepared for officer review.

It almost sounds like yours is different...RFE?

Signature coming soon...

Timeline
1 minute ago, Amhara said:

This is rather interesting to me.  I am following three other cases in myUSCIS, and they all say that the case is being prepared for officer review.

It almost sounds like yours is different...RFE?

Only time will tell.  I filed for N400 in January with a pending ROC so until I get that notice, I can't really speculate.

AOS from F1

3 minutes ago, teshah said:

Only time will tell.  I filed for N400 in January with a pending ROC so until I get that notice, I can't really speculate.

Oh, so this must have happened because the cases are now linked.  That would make sense if that's the case.  Either way, thanks for the update!  May you be done with USCIS soon!

Signature coming soon...

13 minutes ago, Inna&Chris said:

Cuz lots of people didn't get bio appointments, some of them got them waived as well. My guess is that CSC is so overloaded they just can't handle everything. I'm an Aug filer 2017, and been waiting for bio 3 months, never got any, then after several service requests they finally sent me a waiver notice. I think there are bunch of examples like this.

How can peoples biometrics be waived?

At the very least a fresh set of fingerprints is required (even from one hand) for the background check that is required at every stage.

As it is removal of conditions, there won't be a set from some time within the prior 15 months that they are valid for. Something is fishier here than captain birdeye's dumpster.

(also a bit peeved that I have paid for three sets of biometrics since 2015, two of which have been in the past four months)

Edited by mindthegap

CR1 / DCF (London): 2012 / 2013 (4 months from I-130 petition to visa in hand)

I-751 #1- April 2015 [Denied]

April 2015 : I-751 Joint filing package sent fedex next day 09:00am from UK ($lots - thanks). 
Jan 2017: Notification that an interview has been scheduled at a local office. Bizarrely still no RFE... 
Jan 2017: 2hr wait, then interview terminated before it began, due to moving my ID to another state 2 wks prior. New interview 'in a few months...maybe.'   Informed them that divorce proceedings are underway, but not finalised at this time. 
March 2017: An Interview was scheduled - marked as no-show as they didn't actually send out a notification of interview. FML 
April  2017: Filed an official complaint with the ombudsman, and have requested Senator & Congressman assistance
August 2017: Interview - switched to a (finalised) divorce waiver. Told that decision will be made that afternoon, but no problems foreseen with my case. 
October 2017: Letter of Denial received - reason given as 'I-751 petition was not properly filed'. Discovered ex-spouse made false allegations to USCIS in 2015. No opportunity given to review & refute allegations  - contrary to USCIS policy.

I-751 #2 - Oct 2017 - Mar 2021[Denied] 

October 2017: Within 72hrs of receiving denial notice, a new waiver I-751, divorce decree & $680 cheque, sent to Vermont via FedEx overnight 9am priority.  
Dec 2019: Filed FOIA request for full A# file
Feb 2020: FOIA request completed - entire A# file received as a .PDF; 197 pages fully redacted, and 80 partially redacted. Don't waste your time!
March 2021: I-751 #2 denied for lack of evidence. No RFE, no interview, and evidence in previous I-751 not reviewed - contrary to policy. Huge errors in adjudication.

N-400 - Feb 2018 - Apr 2021 [Denied]

February 2018: N-400 filed online.  $725 paid to the USCIS paperwork wastage fund

February  2019: Interview - cancelled after a four hour wait due to 'missing paperwork' on their end. Promised Expedited reschedule.

March 2021: Interview letter received, strangely dated after I-751 denial. No I-751 interview conducted. N-400 interview and test passed, given 'cannot make a decision at this time' paper due to the ongoing I-751 nightmare...

April 2021: N-400 denial received citing recent I-751 denial as basis for ineligibility, even though it should have been a combo interview 🤯

I AM JACK'S COMPLETE LACK OF SURPRISE

Service Motion - March 2021 [Sent via FedEx & COMPLETELY IGNORED by USCIS]

March 2021: Service Motion request sent overnight addressed direectly to field office director, requesting urgent review and re-opening, based on errors in adjudication - citing USCIS policy, AFM and memorandums as basis for errors. This was completely ignored by USCIS.

I-751 #3 - June 2021 - Jan 2024 [Denied]

IT'S GROUNDHOG DAY

June 2021: I-751 #3 (30+lbs/5000 pages of paperwork) & another $680 sent to USCIS via FedEx ($300+..thanks) .... 

June 2021: Receipt issued, card charged, biometrics waived, infopass scheduled for I-551 stamp number ten.....

Feb 2022: RFIE (no, not an RFE, a Request For Initial Evidence) received, for copies of the divorce paperwork that they already have 😑

July 2022: Infopass for I-551 stamp number eleven.....

August 2023: Infopass for I-551 stamp number twelve....

January 2024: Denial received, ignoring the overwhelming majority of the filing, abundance of evidence, and refutation of a provably false allegation. The denial also contradicts itself in multiple places, as if it was written by someone with an IQ <50.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

2024: FML. Seriously. I'm done. 

7 minutes ago, mindthegap said:

At the very least a fresh set of fingerprints is required (even from one hand) for the background check that is required at every stage.

As it is removal of conditions, there won't be a set from some time within the prior 15 months that they are valid for. Something is fishier here than captain birdeye's dumpster.

(also a bit peeved that I have paid for three sets of biometrics since 2015, two of which have been in the past four months)

It's strange indeed.  In our Dec 2017 thread, most VSC people have their biometrics letters, but those that filed after Dec 9th do not have any biometrics letters.  I checked the Jan 2018 filers and none of the CSC filers seem to have biometrics.

When we sent a service request (which is showing on our account) the response suggested our biometrics may get waived.  It seems bizarre that some would get waived and some would not, doesn't it?

Signature coming soon...

12 minutes ago, mindthegap said:

Well this is a good question, and would be nice to find out how they could use previous fingerprints even the expired ones. But apparently they can since I'm not the only one who got them waived and got notice abt it. Lots of filers after July 2017 got them waived.  They sent me a notice that they can use my previous prints and I do not need to retake a new ones.

If the center was not so loaded and behind I'm sure they would require a new ones.

Edited by Inna&Chris

ROC -"CSC"

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

PROCESSING SERVICE CENTER

The first three letters indicate the USCIS service center which is processing the petition, as follows:

EAC – Vermont Service Center;
VSC – Vermont Service Center;
WAC – California Service Center;
CSC – California Service Center;
– LIN – Nebraska Service Center;
NSC – Nebraska Service Center;
– SRC – Texas Service Center;
TSC – Texas Service Center;
– MSC – National Benefits Center;
NBC – National Benefits Center;
– IOE – ELIS (e-Filing); and
– YSC – Potomac Service Center.

God has perfect timing; never early, never late. It takes a little patience and it takes a lot of faith but it's worth the wait. ❤️

I was on a K-1 Visa on 2014.

I-751 Timeline California Service Center:

• Sent Packet: July 03,2017
  • NOA 1 Receipt Date: July 05,2017
  • NOA 2 Receipt Date: July 14,2017
  • Biometrics: August 02, 2017
  • Case Received at My Local Office - No Mail Notice- Just Online Status: February 26,2018
  • I-551 Stamp: August 13, 2018
  • 18 Months Extension Letter Receipt Date: August 18,2018
  • 18 Months Extension Letter Received: August 25, 2018
  • New Card is being Produced: October 15, 2018
  • Case was Approved: October 16,2018
  • Card was Mailed to me: October 17,2018
  • Card was picked up by the USPS: October 18,2018
  • Card Received/on Hand: October 19,2018

N-400 Timeline Las Vegas Field Office:

• Online Application : January 03,2019
  • Biometrics Appointment Scheduled: January 04, 2019
  • Biometrics: January 25, 2019
  • Interview Scheduled: August 16,2019
  • Interview Day: September 23, 2019
  • Approved Application: September 23, 2019
  • Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled: October 10,2019
  • Naturalization Day: November 15,2019
  • Passport Applied: November 15,2019 (Regular Processing)
  • Passport Received: January 07, 2020

IR-5 Timeline California Service Center - MOTHER:

• I-30 Online Application - January 08, 2020
  • NOA 1 Receipt Notice Received - January 13,2020
  • Approved (Approval Notice was uploaded online) - May 18,2020
  • NVC Number was issued via E-mail - May 18,2020
  • Submitted Documents on CEAC - July 23,2020
  • Documentarily Qualified - September 29,2020

Waiting for the interview schedule before doing the medical....

IR-5 Timeline California Service Center- FATHER

• I-30 Online Application : January 08,2020
  • NOA 1 Receipt Notice Received: January 13, 2020
  • Approved (Approval Notice was uploaded online) - October 23,2020
  • NVC Number was issued via E-mail - October 28,2020
  • Submitted Documents on CEAC - November 02,2020
  • Documentarily Qualified - January 27,2021

Waiting for the interview schedule before doing the medical....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.