2,245 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hey guys. I requested expedite on Nov 3, it was updated yesterday. How do the USCIS officers contact you for the evidence?? I have not received email or an actual mail. My case is under severe financial loss and my employer wrote a letter for me but I have no idea when to submit the evidence.

It says complete, and response was sent, but as I can see from this thread that means nothing..

Any input?

FB_IMG_1541557832060.jpg

7 minutes ago, Pierisangelika said:

Hey guys. I requested expedite on Nov 3, it was updated yesterday. How do the USCIS officers contact you for the evidence?? I have not received email or an actual mail. My case is under severe financial loss and my employer wrote a letter for me but I have no idea when to submit the evidence.

It says complete, and response was sent, but as I can see from this thread that means nothing..

Any input?

FB_IMG_1541557832060.jpg

I'm in the same boat, i requested to expedite on 10/29 and see these 3 updates on 10/31, after that its silent.. haven't received anything so far 

From what i could research is these are the auto updated when some officer looks into your case, and there will be another update if he need more additional evidence or if he approved it.

So wait n watch, will update if i hear anything.

@kdatgc that means the officer has mailed you a letter requesting evidence instead of emailing you. You should receive it soon. 

Edited by seattle2903

09/24 - Package delivered to the Chicago Lockbox

09/28 - Credit card charged for $535 and $1225 

10/02 - 4 texts received

10/09 - received 4 NOAs in the mail

10/17 - expedited EAD request, faxed proof the next day

10/22 - early biometrics walk-in

10/26 - "We mailed an RFE for I-485"

11/3 - received RFE in the mail for missing pages on I-864

11/5 - mailed out response to RFE

My I-485 status updated to “We received your response to the RFE”. The Congressman is also keeping in touch with USCIS on my behalf. Does anyone know when I should be expecting my expedited EAD from now?

Request to expedite - Oct 17
Faxed evidence - Oct 18
RFE for I-485 was mailed - Oct 26
Response to RFE was received - Nov 7

10/02 - 4 texts received

6 minutes ago, seattle2903 said:

@kdatgc that means the officer has mailed you a letter requesting evidence instead of emailing you. You should receive it soon.    

Oh ok, thanks for the update @seattle2903 

R u based out of Seattle ? Even I'm

2 hours ago, kdatgc said:

Not sure is USCIS offices will be busy for elections. I guess its the load of naturalization applications because of which these offices are busy !

Oh I was meaning my Congress womans office not USCIS

59 minutes ago, seattle2903 said:

My I-485 status updated to “We received your response to the RFE”. The Congressman is also keeping in touch with USCIS on my behalf. Does anyone know when I should be expecting my expedited EAD from now?

Request to expedite - Oct 17
Faxed evidence - Oct 18
RFE for I-485 was mailed - Oct 26
Response to RFE was received - Nov 7

I submitted an expedite on Sep 27th and they haven't even asked for evidence yet. 

K1                                                                                                       AOS

20 March 2017: We got engaged!!                                             13 June 2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06 June 2017 - Sent I-129F                                                         15 June 2018 - USCIS signature received.

12 June 2017 - Case was received.                                           20 June 2018 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

14 June 2017 - NOA1                                                                   22 June 2018 - Cash checked

14 December 2017- NOA2                                                          23 June 2018 - Hardcopy i797 for AOS/EAD/AP

26 January 2018 - NVC Scan Date                                            17 July 2018 - Biometrics appt

29 January 2018 - NVC Number                                                24 July 2018 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

07 February 2018  -Medical                                                        27 Sept 2018 - Call to request EAD expedite based on pending job offer/financial hardship

20 February 2018 -Interview: APPROVED!                               6 Oct 2018 - Letter in mail stating "Your case is currently under review"

21 February 2018- Visa Issued                                                  16 Nov 2018 - EAD Approved                                                                             

23 February 2018-Visa in hand                                                  24 Nov 2018 - EAD/AP received in mail

20 March 2018 -POE: Los Angeles                                            26 Nov 2018 - SSN mail received 

20 May 2018-Marriage                                                                06 Nov 2018 - Interview Scheduled

16 March 2019 - Interview 

3 hours ago, kdatgc said:

Oh ok, thanks for the update @seattle2903 

R u based out of Seattle ? Even I'm

Yes, Seattle.

10/02 - 4 texts received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

My EAD status changed to “New Card being produced”. Thanks to this very informative thread and very helpful folks. As you can see from earlier post I tried through my own expedite request, Senator and Congressman. Received confirmation from both Senator and Congressman that they received a response from USCIS that the case will be expedited. Not sure which one worked really worked. Hopefully can get back to work after 1 month of loss of pay.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Quick question to folks who already received their card. Does the “Valid From” date match New Card Produced date or a few days later? My employer will reinstate my pay from Valid From date, so curious.

Still nothing on my expedite request. Here’s the timeline:

Requested expedite over the phone - Oct 17

Faxed evidence - October 18

RFE on I-485 was mailed - Oct 26

USCIS received my response to the RFE - Nov 7

I’m aware that the RFE put all my cases on hold between Oct 26 - Nov 7 but now they should have resumed processing. I also contacted my Congressman and they put in an inquiry with USCIS. My employer was nice enough to extend my start date to Novemver 26 instead of 13. I don’t know what else to do to get this EAD in the next 2 weeks. 

10/02 - 4 texts received

6 hours ago, kdatgc said:

Same for me as well, 10/29 expedite request raised, 10/31 see 3 updates on the case. Haven't received the details asking for evidence.

Still waiting, its frustrating ! 

Same here for me. Raised 1st request on Oct-23. Nothing happened so I raised the 2nd request on Oct-29 and still nothing happened. I went to ask for help from local Senator a week ago and still haven't heard back from them. Went to local USCIS office and ask for the status, they said they saw a request and will put some notes onto their system but there was nothing they can do to have someone work on it. This whole process is exhausting and my current EAD expires next Tuesday. I hope a miracle happens to me.

4 hours ago, From_VN_To_TX said:

Same here for me. Raised 1st request on Oct-23. Nothing happened so I raised the 2nd request on Oct-29 and still nothing happened. I went to ask for help from local Senator a week ago and still haven't heard back from them. Went to local USCIS office and ask for the status, they said they saw a request and will put some notes onto their system but there was nothing they can do to have someone work on it. This whole process is exhausting and my current EAD expires next Tuesday. I hope a miracle happens to me.

Did you try to speak to L2 officer while raising the 2nd request ? Or was that just the customer care rep ?

1 hour ago, kdatgc said:

Did you try to speak to L2 officer while raising the 2nd request ? Or was that just the customer care rep ?

It's with L2 agent but I don't think it makes a difference since nothing really happened. I didn't even receive a letter request for additional evidence. 

2 hours ago, From_VN_To_TX said:

It's with L2 agent but I don't think it makes a difference since nothing really happened. I didn't even receive a letter request for additional evidence. 

Spoke to Customer care again they transferred me over to L2 Officer, L2 officer said request for further evidence was mailed on 10/31, but for some reason didn't receive anything in mail yet. But she was kind enough to provide me with the Fax Number to send the documents along with the Team/Division details. 

Now collecting the documents and will try to send fax it as soon as possible. 

Folks do you think it is necessary for us to involve Congressman/Senate here ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.