3,193 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, ObiChe said:

What police record? I'm sorry I've never heard of this step? Please explain....

It's for the interview at the embassy. It's still months away for us. :whistle:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Do you need a police report even if neither of you have ever had any arrests or citations?  Why would we be getting one now ( February filers ) even if we do need one for the interview?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 minutes ago, dkmfan85 said:

It's for the interview at the embassy. It's still months away for us. :whistle:

OK yea I googled it. LOL. I'm praying it is only three months from now. OR LESS!!

I-129F Sent Feb 6, 2018

I-129F Sent back due to fee error Feb 19, 2018

I-129-F Sent again February 20, 2018

NOA1 Received February 26, 2018 (Old Site)

NOA1 Received March 1, 2018 (New Site)

Check Cashed March 2, 2018

NOA2 August 31, 2018

NVC September 18, 2018

Interview......February 7, 2019

Visa In Hand......February 14, 2019

POE.......February 28, 2019

Wedding Date March 6, 2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Just now, AndrewAlp said:

Do you need a police report even if neither of you have ever had any arrests or citations?  Why would we be getting one now ( February filers ) even if we do need one for the interview?

Yes, though every country is a bit different at the embassy stage, they all require a police record regardless of criminal history from every country in which the beneficiary has lived. Some people just like to work ahead or are from countries that may take a long time to obtain the documentation needed from their governments. In most cases, the embassies accept a police record up to 6 months old, others allow up to 12 months.

Timeline
On 5/16/2018 at 3:12 PM, Tokenfreak said:

My fiance and I are still awaiting our NOA2.  We have NOA1 date of  February 5th so it has been over 3 months.  Hopefully, we can have it in July as we miss each other so much and are tired of waiting.  We haven't seen each other since November 2017.

We are all waiting but it is not our turn yet...We are after January who is after December who is after November who is after October who they are still working on. LOL> Very ambitious thinking. I LOVE it!!

I-129F Sent Feb 6, 2018

NOA2 August 31, 2018

NVC September 18, 2018

Timeline
On 5/14/2018 at 6:37 PM, Moon&Stars said:

These past couple of days my estimated date has moved the WRONG direction! :crying: Is anyone else seeing this? Any ideas why?

I saw it!! I'm like wait a second!!! This was saying August last week now it is saying August/September NOT cool!!

I-129F Sent Feb 6, 2018

NOA2 August 31, 2018

NVC September 18, 2018

Timeline

So....I know we have only been waiting three months and others have been waiting longer than us, but I still just had an entire breakdown. This process is BS and makes no damn sense why it takes this long. Then to come on here and see many negative Nancys male and female type say craziness drives me nuts. Excuse my tantrum but I was in other months and got a bit discouraged....Just let me believe my king will be home in time for our November 18th wedding date. :-) Lord knows I love this man and I am more than ready to start forever together as I know you all are as well. Did I say this process sucks?????

I-129F Sent Feb 6, 2018

NOA2 August 31, 2018

NVC September 18, 2018

Timeline
On 4/20/2018 at 5:02 AM, BJ & Christine said:

Expect 6 to 10 months. Still people from may and June 2017 waiting

6 to 10??!! Where are you getting those figures from??? Some from May and June are waiting but some from Aug Sep Oct are already home!! Be positive!!!!

I-129F Sent Feb 6, 2018

NOA2 August 31, 2018

NVC September 18, 2018

Timeline
On 5/8/2018 at 8:01 PM, Naes said:

I hear you, I’m a planner too (this process is still making me go crazy) and that’s why when we realized what’s happening we moved the venue 1 month ahead right away. 

Just one thing, do not make the wedding even as an unofficial one without the visa. This can lead to denial (it did in many many cases). I really hope it will be at least barely on time. 

Right now ;since last year; k1 takes 8-11 months with the average of 9.5 months. Good luck!

Can you clarify your statement "do not make the wedding even as an unofficial one without visa. This can lead to denial" What does that mean??

I-129F Sent Feb 6, 2018

NOA2 August 31, 2018

NVC September 18, 2018

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
13 minutes ago, ObiChe said:

Can you clarify your statement "do not make the wedding even as an unofficial one without visa. This can lead to denial" What does that mean??

Even unofficial weddings or religious ones, even engagements depending on the culture and tradition of the country may cause a denial due to CO considering them too married for K1. some people think as long as they are not legally wed it is ok, however when/if it comes out it goes as denial and there are many  MANY cases like this that you can find on visa journey.

if interested : try searching keywords such as "k1 mock wedding engagement 221g ceremony"

Edited by Naes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, ObiChe said:

So....I know we have only been waiting three months and others have been waiting longer than us, but I still just had an entire breakdown. This process is BS and makes no damn sense why it takes this long. Then to come on here and see many negative Nancys male and female type say craziness drives me nuts. Excuse my tantrum but I was in other months and got a bit discouraged....Just let me believe my king will be home in time for our November 18th wedding date. :-) Lord knows I love this man and I am more than ready to start forever together as I know you all are as well. Did I say this process sucks?????

Hey i totally understand what you going through it sucks big time i was hoping in 3 months will get noa2 and next 3 would be for interview medical and all that jazz. Honestly im madly upset and highly depressed i sleep all day stay up all night. Depression is kicking in big time and i have to act normal while talking to him coz theres only so much time we get so its not just you 

Timeline
45 minutes ago, Naes said:

Even unofficial weddings or religious ones, even engagements depending on the culture and tradition of the country may cause a denial due to CO considering them too married for K1. some people think as long as they are not legally wed it is ok, however when/if it comes out it goes as denial and there are many  MANY cases like this that you can find on visa journey.

if interested : try searching keywords such as "k1 mock wedding engagement 221g ceremony"

It is NOT pretty clear. If I am asking it is because your statement was UNCLEAR to me. My apologies, but "do not make the wedding" is not proper English and I was confused. We don't say "make the wedding" your second post provided more clarification. I thought you were saying do not make PLANS for the wedding or do not make an official wedding date or they will deny you. I'm learning to NOT ask questions on here because people get attitudes quickly...

I-129F Sent Feb 6, 2018

NOA2 August 31, 2018

NVC September 18, 2018

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, ObiChe said:

It is NOT pretty clear. If I am asking it is because your statement was UNCLEAR to me. My apologies, but "do not make the wedding" is not proper English and I was confused. We don't say "make the wedding" your second post provided more clarification. I thought you were saying do not make PLANS for the wedding or do not make an official wedding date or they will deny you. I'm learning to NOT ask questions on here because people get attitudes quickly...

I am so sorry for not being a native English speaker. And yes I thought it was pretty clear.

Do not have a wedding even if it is unofficial one without the visa. This may cause to denial.

Here a better English version. just because I said It was pretty clear does not mean I have an attitude. But I am learning quickly that some people cannot understand not everyone have to have proper and perfect English, and do not have flexibility of understanding.

you asked me to "clarify", and the statement itself was clear.

If you asked me can you explain more. I wouldn't say it was pretty clear.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Sanjana dogra said:

Hoping for motivation from you all here. This wait is killing me dont know what to do. :( dying inside. 

Yes it is hard and some days are brutal. I also try and stay happy and pretend all is well but he sees right through me. I've seen friends who have filed last year and the year before that had to wait six months start to finish so I was also believing we would get an approval quickly. I am confident it will go quicker than some others so let's keep the hope alive. All of this will be a distant memory soon. Don't get depressed, find a project to focus on and put your energy there. 

I-129F Sent Feb 6, 2018

NOA2 August 31, 2018

NVC September 18, 2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.