11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

We submitted our AOS after 1 week of getting married. Our packet was rejected a few days ago. Reasons for rejection are 1)wrong fee (which is actually correct!!!) 2) outdated version of I485 , which should have actually been accepted since it was valid till 12/2018!!

After calling USCIS Multiple times and finally getting through to customer service. I was advised we mailed the incorrect fee, the representative then further researched the amounts and stated the AOS and biometrics fee was actually correct. Representative said even though there is a more current version of the form, our should have been accepted through march 2018. Representative stated she had to escalate the call to a supervisor. After being placed on hold I was prompted to get a call back in 20 minutes. 20 minutes then turned into 1.5 hours later. I received a call from a supervisor who was once again briefed on our case, he then stated it was human error and our packet should have been accepted, that we should re submit. It is so frustrating that everything is supposed be done with absolutely no mistakes yet the USCIS has incompetent people that cannot bother to check when their own forms should be good through. This is absolutely ridiculous. So here we are writing an exact same check and reprinting forms with the new edition date of a few weeks later! Now we wait once again to see if the check gets cashed or if there is another ridiculous request. Sorry about the rant!

Edited by Summer of 01'

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 2/3/2018 at 3:09 AM, Summer of 01' said:

We submitted our AOS after 1 week of getting married. Our packet was rejected a few days ago. Reasons for rejection are 1)wrong fee (which is actually correct!!!) 2) outdated version of I485 , which should have actually been accepted since it was valid till 12/2018!!

After calling USCIS Multiple times and finally getting through to customer service. I was advised we mailed the incorrect fee, the representative then further researched the amounts and stated the AOS and biometrics fee was actually correct. Representative said even though there is a more current version of the form, our should have been accepted through march 2018. Representative stated she had to escalate the call to a supervisor. After being placed on hold I was prompted to get a call back in 20 minutes. 20 minutes then turned into 1.5 hours later. I received a call from a supervisor who was once again briefed on our case, he then stated it was human error and our packet should have been accepted, that we should re submit. It is so frustrating that everything is supposed be done with absolutely no mistakes yet the USCIS has incompetent people that cannot bother to check when their own forms should be good through. This is absolutely ridiculous. So here we are writing an exact same check and reprinting forms with the new edition date of a few weeks later! Now we wait once again to see if the check gets cashed or if there is another ridiculous request. Sorry about the rant!

Hi! I hope everything is doing well with your aos now. I just want to ask if you received a text notification from the USCIS when they rejected your packet? I’m kind of getting worried now, I haven’t heard from them yet and I don’t have any idea if how long they will notify us. Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Yzabelle said:

Hi! I hope everything is doing well with your aos now. I just want to ask if you received a text notification from the USCIS when they rejected your packet? I’m kind of getting worried now, I haven’t heard from them yet and I don’t have any idea if how long they will notify us. Thank you!

No you don't get a text when your packet gets rejected, it'll just show up in your mailbox one day. Give them 30 days from the day they received your package before you start calling or worrying, sometimes the acceptance takes a little while.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline
6 hours ago, Scandi said:

No you don't get a text when your packet gets rejected, it'll just show up in your mailbox one day. Give them 30 days from the day they received your package before you start calling or worrying, sometimes the acceptance takes a little while.

Hi, yes it was accepted thank goodness. We didn't get a text just letter in mail.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 hours ago, Scandi said:

Thing is I don’t remember if I signed the form i485 coz I changed it day before I submitted my packet.. :( how many days til the letter showed up to your mailbox? 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Yzabelle said:

Thing is I don’t remember if I signed the form i485 coz I changed it day before I submitted my packet.. :( how many days til the letter showed up to your mailbox? 

I had my i-765 rejected and it was during the holidays (many days where USCIS employees didn't work, so everything took longer), so you can't really compare with that unfortunately. 

I filed on Dec 20

Case was received by USCIS on Dec 23

I received the rejected package in my mailbox on Jan 13

• 1 year later...
On 3/10/2018 at 4:37 PM, Scandi said:

I had my i-765 rejected and it was during the holidays (many days where USCIS employees didn't work, so everything took longer), so you can't really compare with that unfortunately. 

I filed on Dec 20

Case was received by USCIS on Dec 23

I received the rejected package in my mailbox on Jan 13

how do they send your package back  ? USPS first class/ Priority express/ Priority mail ? Also did you send your I-693 and if so did they open the results envelope ?

duh

Timeline
1 hour ago, Donald120383 said:

how do they send your package back  ? USPS first class/ Priority express/ Priority mail ? Also did you send your I-693 and if so did they open the results envelope ?

I don't remember how they sent it, but I highly doubt it was priority. 

I never had an i-693, so no, didn't send one.

Edited by Scandi

Timeline
5 hours ago, Donald120383 said:

It was send back regular mail in a large white envelope. 

39 minutes ago, Summer of 01' said:

It was send back regular mail in a large white envelope. 

Thanks. do you by chance  submit medicals. iam curious do they open medical exam results or not ?

Edited by Donald120383

duh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.