dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2018

1,179 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Man I am fuming right now over the NVC's joke of an organization. Pardon me because I'm Irate (am many of the rest of are as our patience wares thin.) I got a check list last night asking for the police certificate for my wife from Japan, before they can process my case. It instructed me to go to the nvc document finder on the NVC web sight for Japan to find the appropriate document to send5a884b9c7a446_ncv.ststesrequirements.thumb.PNG.365bdf1701534d52c1220e31515ddd95.PNG. (which i did when I first gathered my documents) and the website clearly states not to send police reports from japan to the nvc, but to bring them to the interview . What should I do call them on Tues, and try to tell them that their website is why I didn't send anything in the first place? Ill attach pics 5a884b7769133_checklist.PNG.141a9171ffa5a489804f2541c0e59b96.PNG

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
14 minutes ago, stricky said:

Man I am fuming right now over the NVC's joke of an organization. Pardon me because I'm Irate (am many of the rest of are as our patience wares thin.) I got a check list last night asking for the police certificate for my wife from Japan, before they can process my case. It instructed me to go to the nvc document finder on the NVC web sight for Japan to find the appropriate document to send5a884b9c7a446_ncv.ststesrequirements.thumb.PNG.365bdf1701534d52c1220e31515ddd95.PNG. (which i did when I first gathered my documents) and the website clearly states not to send police reports from japan to the nvc, but to bring them to the interview . What should I do call them on Tues, and try to tell them that their website is why I didn't send anything in the first place? Ill attach pics 5a884b7769133_checklist.PNG.141a9171ffa5a489804f2541c0e59b96.PNG

Hi, you should have sent a copy, not the original. The original should be taken to the embassy. I know this must be upsetting, I am sorry. 

Edited by Curiousmind
Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage (if applicable): 2016-12-24
I-130 Sent : 2017-06-13
I-130 NOA1 : 2017-06-16
I-130 RFE :  
I-130 RFE Sent :  
I-130 Approved : 2017-12-05
NVC Received : 2018-01-19
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2018-01-03
Pay AOS Bill : 2018-01-03
Receive I-864 Package :  
Send AOS Package : 2018-01-12
Submit DS-261 : 2018-01-02
Receive IV Bill : 2018-01-09
Pay IV Bill : 2018-01-09
Send IV Package : 2018-01-13
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : Pending
Case Completed at NVC : 2018-02-20
NVC Left : Pending
Consulate Received : Pending
Packet 3 Received : Pending
Packet 3 Sent : Pending
Packet 4 Received : Pending
Interview Date : April 27, 2018
Interview Result :

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Thank you for your response. I still don't know how I am supposed to infer that from their wording. To me it clearly says that nothing needs to be sent? Oh well I'm not a lawyer. I did find it extremely strange that when I was getting my IV packet around that I didn't need the police report. Also, I maybe should have my wife get two copies? As it says if its opened it is invalid, and ill have to open one to make copies.

Edited by stricky

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, kubes said:

OMG OMG OMG. Still can‘t believe it but we got a case number. The welcome email followed right after the call. After almost 6 weeks we can start again. So happy. @truelove29 i guess they weren’t lying when they told me that they are workng on the cases that were received on the 8th. Hopefully you’ll have it very soon too. Let’s keep praying. 

Thats good , congratulations

2 hours ago, stricky said:

You have every right to be livid right about now! The darn thing states clearly that the sealed envelope should NOT be broken or the certificate is considered invalid. How could you possibly have sent them a copy? I would call on Tuesday morning and ask them how exactly are you going to send them a copy of something you are not allowed to open? -_-

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Update;

* Case & Invoice numbers received 14th of February (over the phone)

* DS-261(Choice of Agent) filled 16th

* Welcome letter and AOS bill received very early on the 17th (via 2 separate emails)

* AOS fee paid 17th and now IN PROCESS.

Waiting for the AOS fee to change to PAID by next week so I can pay the IV fee. (FYI, President's Day Holiday is on Monday so NVC is closed)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, Ravian said:

Did anyone send tge IV package with priority mail in which you receive a slip in return?? 

I sent my packet in through USPS priority  but I only did signature confirmation , didn't request slip , 

My package shows Delivery today.but guessing no one will be there to pick up , so Tuesday it'll be delivered 

1 hour ago, Lyn & Lan said:

Update;

* Case & Invoice numbers received 14th of February (over the phone)

* DS-261(Choice of Agent) filled 16th

* Welcome letter and AOS bill received very early on the 17th (via 2 separate emails)

* AOS fee paid 17th and now IN PROCESS.

Waiting for the AOS fee to change to PAID by next week so I can pay the IV fee. (FYI, President's Day Holiday is on Monday so NVC is closed)

Call NVC on Tuesday if you haven't already , 

Ask them to review your DS-261 over the phone that will unlock IV fee in 1-2 days 

Edited by harsh2010

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, harsh2010 said:

I sent my packet in through USPS priority  but I only did signature confirmation , didn't request slip , 

My package shows Delivery today.but guessing no one will be there to pick up , so Tuesday it'll be delivered 

Call NVC on Tuesday if you haven't already , 

Ask them to review your DS-261 over the phone that will unlock IV fee in 1-2 days 

I will do just that, thank you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey guys my husband has received at notice of action yesterday after being approved Friday that’s quick. What’s the next step? I read a part that said the wait 30 days till they contact the beneficiary.

@stricky So sorry to hear but many times it's a case of the left hand not talking to the right hand or for that matter, fingers on the same hand not talking to each other. Keep us posted on what they say. I am also curious to know how they expect you to send a copy when it's sealed!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just got our CC Feb 14th! A great surprise for Valentine's day when we are so far apart. I'm really hoping she will be able to be here by May to celebrate our 1 year anniversary...does anyone have a timeline for the Rio embassy processing time after case complete? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.