Alex3344

Los Angeles, CA Office AOS Filers

67 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, mushroomspore said:

Just wanted to let y'all know that my interview has been scheduled (online update). Will let you guys know when the actual date is once we get the notice. It's been 12 months and 2 weeks!!!!!

Congrats!  Did you get a text/email or did you log in to one of the two websites to check?

11/01/2017 AOS Package sent via USPS - Chicago Lockbox

11/07/2017 Package delivered after being lost by USPS (thanks USPS!)

11/15/2017 Received email and text notifications from USCIS

12/05/2017 Walk in Biometrics

01/19/2017 Text that EAD is in production

5 minutes ago, Alex3344 said:

Congrats!  Did you get a text/email or did you log in to one of the two websites to check?

Both text and email. Then I logged in to make sure it updated there as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Received a response from Senator Harris that the national center still has our file and we are just waiting to be scheduled for an interview.  I guess that's all the info I can get for now.

On 9/6/2018 at 4:03 PM, Alex3344 said:

Received a response from Senator Harris that the national center still has our file and we are just waiting to be scheduled for an interview.  I guess that's all the info I can get for now.

Yup not much you can do at this point. Hang tight.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi LA filers! Does anyone have any updates regarding interviews?

My PD is Apr 18 and been ready to be scheduled for interview since June. I wonder when they’re going to schedule my interview.

14 hours ago, antipasti7 said:

Hi LA filers! Does anyone have any updates regarding interviews?

My PD is Apr 18 and been ready to be scheduled for interview since June. I wonder when they’re going to schedule my interview.

Expect it to be next year unless you're super lucky. "Ready to be scheduled" just means you are in line. Mine was scheduled 14 months after filing.

Still waiting at 11 months...

1 hour ago, mushroomspore said:

Expect it to be next year unless you're super lucky. "Ready to be scheduled" just means you are in line. Mine was scheduled 14 months after filing.

Oh well. That means I still have 9 months to spare and chill out.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
On 1/31/2018 at 8:53 AM, Alex3344 said:

I was wondering if we have a lot of Los Angeles filed office AOS filers, maybe it would help to get some data points here.  My main concern is how do you plan travel for after you get your AP and until you get your interview notice?  I do not want to book travel and then get a notice that my interview is during that time...

As best I can tell, it used to be 7.5 months from receive date to interview, and now with the latest update it is 6 3/4 months or so.  One member here I believe got scheduled 6 months out recently, but I can't find where that post was (the search here when you type in Los Angeles is too hard to sift through).  

Any other LA filers here?  Maybe you can share your dates and we can get some educated guesses going :)

It happened on me : I got the interview letter when I was at abroad:( so I had to changed the ticket to back home earlier for the interview:( 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 10/14/2018 at 7:27 PM, natsusnowy1204 said:

It happened on me : I got the interview letter when I was at abroad:( so I had to changed the ticket to back home earlier for the interview:( 

Is there no way to reschedule the interview date then?

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 8/21/2018 at 12:10 PM, mushroomspore said:

Yes I'll be re-doing the medical, but after we get the notice and I know for sure when the interview is. The doc might "renew" it for a discounted price. I hate spending the money AGAIN but it's better than getting a post-interview RFE and having to wait even longer afterwards. I'd rather just have it ready and in hand. If the IO says it's unnecessary, then it's no big deal. I got the combo card in April too!! Fingers crossed you hear something soon as well. LA County's probably got similar processing times. 

On 8/21/2018 at 12:01 PM, ac8238 said:

Nice! Keep us posted, I am in LA County office and also anxiously waiting...no updates since April 2018 when combo card was received. 

Our NOA1's were last November though. Did you already do your medical? I wonder if you have to re-do it since it's been a year. 

I know you guys posted a little bit ago, but I recently found this info: https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-policy-manual-update?fbclid=IwAR02N1rvaEPhx07wgZ2eOdT2oscQ9bZse6zPgkXec0EhImyqH3vhw4_QHgU

I'm hoping it'll also include current people waiting, rather than only new applicants (as that's how I'm interpreting the text).

My medical was done late Feb of this year, AoS sent in June. Hoping to not have to spend that extra money to get it re-done! 

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
10 hours ago, Hadassah123 said:

Is there no way to reschedule the interview date then?

Maybe Try info pass or call uscis

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
12 hours ago, Hadassah123 said:

I know you guys posted a little bit ago, but I recently found this info: https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-policy-manual-update?fbclid=IwAR02N1rvaEPhx07wgZ2eOdT2oscQ9bZse6zPgkXec0EhImyqH3vhw4_QHgU

I'm hoping it'll also include current people waiting, rather than only new applicants (as that's how I'm interpreting the text).

My medical was done late Feb of this year, AoS sent in June. Hoping to not have to spend that extra money to get it re-done! 

Thanks for that new information! Hopefully it applies to existing applicants too so we don't have to redo it we will see. 

On 8/21/2018 at 12:01 PM, ac8238 said:

Nice! Keep us posted, I am in LA County office and also anxiously waiting...no updates since April 2018 when combo card was received. 

I just logged on to USCIS and realized that my i485 was ready to scheduled for interview since June 19th 2018!

So weird since I always get email/text updates but it says no action since April 2018. I think they are tracking the i130 or EAD/AP. 

Now just waiting for the actual interview letter.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

Hey, finally got here where mainly LA filers are!

Priority date: May 17, 2018

Got my EAD/AP on September 14, 2018

Status change from "Fingerprint fee was received" to "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" on October 16.

As much as I could research on the internet and speak to lawyers here, for LA filers it takes approximately 1 year to get the interview date. 

The worst thing for me was that I got my ead when I learnt that I am pregnant and unable to work, and the date of my interview falls around my due date. Nevertheless, am being optimistic)

On 8/21/2018 at 7:06 PM, mushroomspore said:

Both text and email. Then I logged in to make sure it updated there as well.

Got my text/email yesterday :D 

Mushroom - how long from the text was the interview scheduled for?  And how long until you received the letter in the mail?  Now all I have left is to wait.  That new rule re the medical exam really helps and is perfect timing for us, no new medical needed!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.