Alex3344

Los Angeles, CA Office AOS Filers

67 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 4/3/2019 at 4:53 PM, manful said:

Hi All, I just got my text that our interview is scheduled, filed on August 29th 2018. Way sooner than expected and hopefully the interview will be before I go on a trip. I will update with timeline of letter received in the mail and interview date. Shocked at how off timeline the USCIS are here in Los Angeles I was sure it wouldn't happen until the Fall. 

😮 ! That was really quick! I filed in June, case ready for interview since July 24th. No answer yet. Are you in LA County specifically?

EDIT: I was grumbling to hubs because of your case, then I just went to check my case status. Last update from today; interview was scheduled today! So now I have to wait for letter and interview date too. YAY! I believe the interviews are generally a month out. Hubs and I have a trip planned as well, but with a month notice, we should be ok. 

Edited by Hadassah123

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline
20 hours ago, Hadassah123 said:

😮 ! That was really quick! I filed in June, case ready for interview since July 24th. No answer yet. Are you in LA County specifically?

EDIT: I was grumbling to hubs because of your case, then I just went to check my case status. Last update from today; interview was scheduled today! So now I have to wait for letter and interview date too. YAY! I believe the interviews are generally a month out. Hubs and I have a trip planned as well, but with a month notice, we should be ok. 

Congrats! So glad you got a notice too! It was so much earlier than expected, in our notice it indicated the original date of application of August 1st. I got our letter today, 5 days after the app notified me and our interview date is May 15, exactly 6 weeks from the app notification date. Hope that helps! We are in LA city proper so our interview is in downtown LA. I will keep you posted on how the interview goes. I'm mostly concerned about the medical since it will be almost exactly 1 year old by the time of our interview. Hopefully we won't have to do another one, there was no indication of that in our letter.

Timeline
1 hour ago, manful said:

Congrats! So glad you got a notice too! It was so much earlier than expected, in our notice it indicated the original date of application of August 1st. I got our letter today, 5 days after the app notified me and our interview date is May 15, exactly 6 weeks from the app notification date. Hope that helps! We are in LA city proper so our interview is in downtown LA. I will keep you posted on how the interview goes. I'm mostly concerned about the medical since it will be almost exactly 1 year old by the time of our interview. Hopefully we won't have to do another one, there was no indication of that in our letter.

I honestly had no idea what "city proper" meant, so I had to google that. I thought you'd made a typo 😂 But yes, LA proper is LA County/the LA County Field office. So I'll have my interview at the same location! 

And thanks for that info. Hubby and I are going on a one week trip starting April 24th, so we should be totally fine! 

Re medical, yeah... they recently changed the rules. I think I copied them here a while back. And while that seemed to be for new applicants, I've read multiple stories of people not having to re-do it (also some people a couple comments above here).  My medical is from Feb 2018, so more like a year and 3 months since. Medical is reviewed by IO before/during interview. If they require you to get a new one, you'll hear about it then. You can be tentative-approved, pending a new medical. 

I really hope to not have to do a new one either, but I'm not stressing about it. One step at a time :) 

But yes, let me know how it goes! 

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So great to see some movement in LA, I was dumb and didn't apply for advance parole with my work authorisation so I'm coming up to a year since I've been home. Ironic wanting my green card so that I can leave as soon as possible! :) I hope you fellow LA dwellers are getting through the process as smoothly as you can.

Timeline
On 4/9/2019 at 7:58 PM, Hadassah123 said:

I honestly had no idea what "city proper" meant, so I had to google that. I thought you'd made a typo 😂 But yes, LA proper is LA County/the LA County Field office. So I'll have my interview at the same location! 

And thanks for that info. Hubby and I are going on a one week trip starting April 24th, so we should be totally fine! 

Re medical, yeah... they recently changed the rules. I think I copied them here a while back. And while that seemed to be for new applicants, I've read multiple stories of people not having to re-do it (also some people a couple comments above here).  My medical is from Feb 2018, so more like a year and 3 months since. Medical is reviewed by IO before/during interview. If they require you to get a new one, you'll hear about it then. You can be tentative-approved, pending a new medical. 

I really hope to not have to do a new one either, but I'm not stressing about it. One step at a time :) 

But yes, let me know how it goes! 

Ha! Sorry, meant I live in Los Angeles city, near downtown, sorry for the confusion! Thanks for the medical info, I was worried we would need to do it before if I got the dates wrong. Glad to hear they will let us know at the interview. Fingers crossed. I will post once we've done the interview to let you know how it goes. I had to order another birth certificate as I sent my other one to Switzerland for registration there but other than that I think we have everything they asked for in the letter. Good luck and it's so nice to see others getting their dates as well. Love visa journey for its camaraderie!

Timeline

@manful got my letter today! Interview on Monday May 13th. Interesting/weird that you got the interview scheduled notice and letter earlier than me, but that your interview is 2 days later. So for me it's exactly a month from receiving letter till interview date. 

What time is yours? Mine's at 8.15. Ugh! Had hoped for an afternoon appointment (if they even have those - I saw office closes at 3pm). I'm ugh-ing, because the website/page of the office states that they are having troubles with the security clearance thing, so that you have to come an hour early. With LA traffic we'll have to leave on time anyway, but this is going to be even earlier... Oh well, suppose it's for a good cause eh? 🤔

Timeline
11 hours ago, Hadassah123 said:

@manful got my letter today! Interview on Monday May 13th. Interesting/weird that you got the interview scheduled notice and letter earlier than me, but that your interview is 2 days later. So for me it's exactly a month from receiving letter till interview date. 

What time is yours? Mine's at 8.15. Ugh! Had hoped for an afternoon appointment (if they even have those - I saw office closes at 3pm). I'm ugh-ing, because the website/page of the office states that they are having troubles with the security clearance thing, so that you have to come an hour early. With LA traffic we'll have to leave on time anyway, but this is going to be even earlier... Oh well, suppose it's for a good cause eh? 🤔

Yay! Congrats! Those dates are weird, wonder if they approve and send out in batches with different dates? 

Oh man, 8am is brutal, especially if you have a ways to drive in. So sorry! I am not a morning person, so I feel for you. Our interview is at 10am and we live just up the street. Luckily I've been saving a personal day off at work just in case I needed it. Good to know we should arrive early for security, thanks for that head's up! Keep me posted on how it goes and good luck! So happy this is almost done (for awhile...).

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

@manful my interview got rescheduled! Had a stressful day on April 16th, as I went to check my status online for no specific reason and then saw "Interview cancelled and notice mailed". Freaked me out a little. Then the next day, April 17th, I checked again and it said "Interview scheduled". Soooooo.... I got the cancellation letter yesterday (cancelled due to "unforeseen circumstances"), but am still waiting for the new interview letter. I called USCIS today, and it's been re-scheduled to May 23rd. Bummer, but 2 weeks later isn't too big of a deal.

Is yours still on for May 15th? 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

@Hadassah123, is your interview scheduled at the San Fernando office? I’m still waiting but I called the USCIS on Friday and they said that that office has the longest wait times and it could be another year for me!! I know they always give crazy estimates but I wanted to check if people are seeing movement in the Valley office. 

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Ludovic UK said:

@Hadassah123, is your interview scheduled at the San Fernando office? I’m still waiting but I called the USCIS on Friday and they said that that office has the longest wait times and it could be another year for me!! I know they always give crazy estimates but I wanted to check if people are seeing movement in the Valley office. 

What??? That's crazy! 

But no, I'm at the LA office down town. 

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Hadassah123 said:

What??? That's crazy! 

But no, I'm at the LA office down town. 

I know right!!! I thought all of the LA offices were under the same wait time because the San Fernando office isn’t listed on VJ, but I was wrong unfortunately. 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Ludovic UK said:

I know right!!! I thought all of the LA offices were under the same wait time because the San Fernando office isn’t listed on VJ, but I was wrong unfortunately. 

Nah, I found out a while ago that there are multiple field offices, so I was even asking people on this page if they were in down town LA, or other offices, because people might consider it LA, while it isn't. 

I looked up the San Fernando office times and jeez, so much longer than LA and I thought LA was long! Though... I had not yet expected an interview letter yet. Was expecting it more to be around late summer. Am happy that it's earlier, but the difference with the San Fernando office is a little crazy then! 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Hadassah123 said:

Nah, I found out a while ago that there are multiple field offices, so I was even asking people on this page if they were in down town LA, or other offices, because people might consider it LA, while it isn't. 

I looked up the San Fernando office times and jeez, so much longer than LA and I thought LA was long! Though... I had not yet expected an interview letter yet. Was expecting it more to be around late summer. Am happy that it's earlier, but the difference with the San Fernando office is a little crazy then! 

Yeah, I knew there are multiple offices, just didn’t know that the SF office had significantly different wait times, it’s kind of frustrating that my office isn’t on VJ. I’ll have to send off to get my EAD renewed by next month which is crazy! God this process makes me miss Europe 😂 By the time I get a green card I’ll be ready to get my wife to move back to England with me! 

Timeline
On 4/23/2019 at 10:31 PM, Hadassah123 said:

@manful my interview got rescheduled! Had a stressful day on April 16th, as I went to check my status online for no specific reason and then saw "Interview cancelled and notice mailed". Freaked me out a little. Then the next day, April 17th, I checked again and it said "Interview scheduled". Soooooo.... I got the cancellation letter yesterday (cancelled due to "unforeseen circumstances"), but am still waiting for the new interview letter. I called USCIS today, and it's been re-scheduled to May 23rd. Bummer, but 2 weeks later isn't too big of a deal.

Is yours still on for May 15th? 

I'm so sorry to hear you got rescheduled! Glad you didn't have to wait too long for another date. We had our interview this past Wednesday. It went well and we got approved on site. The one thing that was stressful was the security line to get into the building took over an hour. It stated on our interview letter that we should arrive 30 minutes before but no earlier. I would suggest arriving an hour before, we ended up being 20 min late to our interview. As soon as we went up to the USCIS waiting room, we were the second person to be called. The questions were easy, birthday dates, wedding date, how we met, date of last US arrival. Hope that helps and good luck on your interview this week!

Timeline
1 hour ago, manful said:

I'm so sorry to hear you got rescheduled! Glad you didn't have to wait too long for another date. We had our interview this past Wednesday. It went well and we got approved on site. The one thing that was stressful was the security line to get into the building took over an hour. It stated on our interview letter that we should arrive 30 minutes before but no earlier. I would suggest arriving an hour before, we ended up being 20 min late to our interview. As soon as we went up to the USCIS waiting room, we were the second person to be called. The questions were easy, birthday dates, wedding date, how we met, date of last US arrival. Hope that helps and good luck on your interview this week!

Yay congrats! 

And yes, I knew about the security thing already, I warned you in an above post ;)  But still, very good to know, so that we really do come on time.

My interview is actually the 28th. I just keep saying it wrong. Luckily the right date is in all the relevant calendars, but lately I keep going back to the appointment letter to triple check, haha! Pre-interview jitters, or just other things on my mind - idk, but it's soon! :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.