Alex3344

Los Angeles, CA Office AOS Filers

67 posts in this topic

56 minutes ago, Alex3344 said:

Got my text/email yesterday :D 

Mushroom - how long from the text was the interview scheduled for?  And how long until you received the letter in the mail?  Now all I have left is to wait.  That new rule re the medical exam really helps and is perfect timing for us, no new medical needed!

Hey man, congrats!!! So the interview was scheduled for exactly 6 weeks after the text and email notifications. We received the letter 6 days after the the updates. Yeah you are super lucky with the new medical rule! I did a second one right before our interview. We unfortunately have to go back to them next week because they put the wrong dates on my new card. 😒

Edited by mushroomspore

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Grenada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Alex3344 said:

Got my text/email yesterday :D 

Mushroom - how long from the text was the interview scheduled for?  And how long until you received the letter in the mail?  Now all I have left is to wait.  That new rule re the medical exam really helps and is perfect timing for us, no new medical needed!

Hi! Just popping in to say that they may still request an updated medical for you since you applied before November. The new policy also states that AOS application must be filed within 60 days of conducting the medical exam. 

F1 (graduated) with pending AOS after marriage! ^_^

On 10/20/2018 at 5:10 PM, APGG94 said:

Hi! Just popping in to say that they may still request an updated medical for you since you applied before November. The new policy also states that AOS application must be filed within 60 days of conducting the medical exam. 

I checked the language updates to the policy manual.  In that section they have a chart that makes it easy to understand what validity period (1 or 2 years) applies to your medical if you did it before Nov 1, 2018.  Luckily, mine falls in the 2 year category (signed 60 days before applying, applied within 60 days, and interview under 2 years).

11/01/2017 AOS Package sent via USPS - Chicago Lockbox

11/07/2017 Package delivered after being lost by USPS (thanks USPS!)

11/15/2017 Received email and text notifications from USCIS

12/05/2017 Walk in Biometrics

01/19/2017 Text that EAD is in production

• 4 weeks later...

Processing times in Los Angeles is now 16 months! This is crazy. It increases every 2 months. I remember it was only 12 months when I filed.

• 3 weeks later...

So just to update, everything went very smoothly at the interview last week.  Interview Officer was very nice, barely asked any questions other than to confirm what was on our applications.  I think the only "test" question was what my significant other's birthday was.  Asked if we wanted to submit anything in support so we gave a few pictures and docs re joint accounts.  Approved that night.

We did ask to do the name change there but she said she doesn't believe we could do it. I didn't want to press since I do not want anything to complicate things now.  We should be getting our card in the mail this week.  Oh, and no new medical required, seems like I read the new rules correctly.

Best of luck everyone!

11/01/2017 AOS Package sent via USPS - Chicago Lockbox

11/07/2017 Package delivered after being lost by USPS (thanks USPS!)

11/15/2017 Received email and text notifications from USCIS

12/05/2017 Walk in Biometrics

01/19/2017 Text that EAD is in production

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2018 at 9:41 AM, Alex3344 said:

So just to update, everything went very smoothly at the interview last week.  Interview Officer was very nice, barely asked any questions other than to confirm what was on our applications.  I think the only "test" question was what my significant other's birthday was.  Asked if we wanted to submit anything in support so we gave a few pictures and docs re joint accounts.  Approved that night.

We did ask to do the name change there but she said she doesn't believe we could do it. I didn't want to press since I do not want anything to complicate things now.  We should be getting our card in the mail this week.  Oh, and no new medical required, seems like I read the new rules correctly.

Best of luck everyone!

Congratulations!

I had about the same experience yesterday and got approved on the spot.

AOS from B1/B2

11/03/2017:   Filed Package

11/13/2017:   NOA in the mail

12/22/2017:   Biometrics

01/09/2018:   EAD approved

01/15/2018:   Card Received

10/22/2018:   Text and email notifications for interview

12/05/2018:   Interview Date

12/03/2018:   Phone Call from USCIS, Interview rescheduled

12/20/2018:   New Interview date. Approved on the spot!

I-751

09/30/2020: Case received WAC

01/19/2021: Transfered to NBC

03/04/2021: Fingerprints applied

03/16/2021: Approved and card ordered

N-400

09/28/2021: Filed Online

10/25/2021: Biometrics

11/30/2021: Interview,  Approved.

12/01/2021: Oath Ceremony

• 1 month later...

PD: April 18, 2018

I just got an email that they scheduled my form 485 for interview. I wasn’t expecting it as I thought it takes a year for Los Angeles filers to get an interview!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
On 1/23/2019 at 7:12 PM, antipasti7 said:

PD: April 18, 2018

I just got an email that they scheduled my form 485 for interview. I wasn’t expecting it as I thought it takes a year for Los Angeles filers to get an interview!

So you think that right now the wait time is about 9 months? or just random?

Anybody else can share his experience?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

Hello everyone! I have just noticed that the processing time for LA area improved. It changed from 16 - 32.5 months to 13.5 - 19.5 months. Perhaps that explains how April 2018 filers get interview notification.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

As I assumed, the processing time for LA area got shortened. My PD is May 17, 2018. On Feb 7, my status changed to "My interview was scheduled". So waiting for the actual letter.  So it is less than a year!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 2/12/2019 at 12:23 PM, SonaMartirosyan said:

As I assumed, the processing time for LA area got shortened. My PD is May 17, 2018. On Feb 7, my status changed to "My interview was scheduled". So waiting for the actual letter.  So it is less than a year!

Nice! I filed little over a month after you, so I'm hoping it won't be that much longer then! 

Are you at the LA County Office as well, or another one? Cause processing times for family based still says 13 - 25 months. 

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

• 3 weeks later...

I had my interview yesterday and got approved. My PD is Apr 2018. Feel free to look at my response to the Apr 2018 forum for my experience.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Hi All, I just got my text that our interview is scheduled, filed on August 29th 2018. Way sooner than expected and hopefully the interview will be before I go on a trip. I will update with timeline of letter received in the mail and interview date. Shocked at how off timeline the USCIS are here in Los Angeles I was sure it wouldn't happen until the Fall. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.