dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2018

1,330 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Finally!!!!

2nd SD 12/22   CC Jan 17!!! didnt showed up until today, I have been checking and calling every day since this monday

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

how do you get a scan date? I've called and the person on the line said "do you mean if we received your documents?"...I'm assuming that's the scan date that everyone is talking about, right?

Married: 02/06/2017

I-130 Submit: 05/15/2017

NOA1 (PD): 05/17/2017

NOA2: 11/04/2017

NOA2 by mail: 11/08/2017

USCIS sent to NVC: 11/16/2017

NVC received I-130: 11/30/2017

Received IV & AOS invoice: 12/05/2017

Paid IV & AOS invoice: 12/06/2017

Submit DS-260: 12/14/2017

Submit IV & AOS Packet: 12/14/2017

NVC SD1: 12/20/2017

Checklist: 02/02/2018

Submit Checklist Docs: 02/05/2018

NVC SD2: 02/09/2018

CC: 03/06/2018

Interview: 05/09/2018 ^_^

APPROVED!!!

18 minutes ago, Cbr22 said:

how do you get a scan date? I've called and the person on the line said "do you mean if we received your documents?"...I'm assuming that's the scan date that everyone is talking about, right?

Its not when they receive your documents but when they put them in system. They received our documents and then around 3 days after it was put in system . 

11 hours ago, Tigran2 said:

Congratulations!!! What was the reason for your expedite?

Hi!  I come from a country whose school calendar differs from that of the US. We asked to be processed expeditiously because if we won't, we're bound to enroll in April in the Philippines (petition is with a stepchild). And if our approval will be around that time, it would be late to look for a school in the US (we're actually late now as most schools have ended the application process last Dec).  So it's financial hardship if we will pay for two overlapping schools in the same year, and education discontinuance in case we can't get into a US school this year.

I will be sending AOS and IV separate packages in 1 envelop. Do I need to use Checklist sheet for AOS and IV separately ? or should I just use 1 and put it in the main envelop with AOS and IV package ? any advise ? thanks

4 hours ago, No-Where-Man said:

I sent the I864-EZ as my case is straight forward and I did not need a sponsor. Also, I opted to send ONLY 2016 taxes. I will send more tax years to my spouse. 

The page 6 and 7 in the I-864ez is to be filled if you are using a lawyer and/or interpreter. And since I did not need any, I didnt think I will need to send to pages with NA all over it. But I guess I needed to. 

I sent them the form again completed, and with the last two pages...It was mailed to be delivered tomorrow. So, hopefully to hear something soon. 

Did you have to put NA all over the other pages as well? Or just the two pages that were blank?

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Angel Arango said:

Finally!!!!

2nd SD 12/22   CC Jan 17!!! didnt showed up until today, I have been checking and calling every day since this monday

Congratulations 🎉

2 hours ago, mrandmrsR said:

Hope we get ours soon! 3 weeks for us. Are you doing CEAC processing?

Hopefully so, your should be getting yours any day now!! And yes I'm doing CEAC processing :)

1 hour ago, Yoyogi said:

When you get a checklist do u mark the documents you already submitted as not applicable on the cover sheet? 

checklist cover sheet doesn't have option to mark anything. It is just a generic checklist cover sheet.  You just send the document(s) that they want you to send with the cover sheet.

3 hours ago, Madison Raney said:

Finally got my NVC case number today 2 weeks and 2 days after they received it!!

Congrats. Make sure to start collecting necessary  financial and supporting document

5 hours ago, No-Where-Man said:
5 hours ago, No-Where-Man said:

I sent the I864-EZ as my case is straight forward and I did not need a sponsor. Also, I opted to send ONLY 2016 taxes. I will send more tax years to my spouse. 

The page 6 and 7 in the I-864ez is to be filled if you are using a lawyer and/or interpreter. And since I did not need any, I didnt think I will need to send to pages with NA all over it. But I guess I needed to. 

I sent them the form again completed, and with the last two pages...It was mailed to be delivered tomorrow. So, hopefully to hear something soon. 

Sorry about that. I hope you get a CC soon. So they want us to write NA on all the fields if we didn't use a lawyer?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, Luna17 said:

Yes...leave nothing blank and send ALL pages even those that dont apply to u..just put NA in Empty fields. Good luck 

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

22 minutes ago, No-Where-Man said:

Yes...leave nothing blank and send ALL pages even those that dont apply to u..just put NA in Empty fields. Good luck 

Thanks a lot. You'll be done very soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.