Moxa1989

N-400 Newark/Mt Laurel New Jersey

1,199 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, nagylyndsey said:

So, we went to my husbands N400 interview at Mount Laurel and after all the tests and questions they said that they couldn't approve N400 because they had "no documentation of the I751 on file." We demanded to speak to a supervisor because just last month we had an infopass appointment because the extension ran out and they refused to give a stamp because of this appointment, the girl assured us that we'd have no problems because everything we needed was there and good. We were really not expecting this... I even have emails from them that say the case is at Mount Laurel, but now no one there knows anything. The supervisor stated they'd find it later in the office and then said it was in Vermont and then said it was in the office. They really have no explanation and kept giving bs following script answers, no one was any help.  It was like they were avoiding answering questions. 

They ended up giving us a passport stamp that expires next October.... so I'm guessing we're not seeing the end of this anytime soon. 

Idk at what point this becomes too much, I751 has been pending for almost two years and now no one can even tell us where our file is. Any advice on what to do now? Would a lawyer be any help? We're so frustrated and over this. 

Did you interview today? I went today and they told me that no decision could be made and that meant no same day oath...

Went to my N400 interview. Received a paper that pretty much says no decision can be made but that I passed the civics test. I drove 2 hours to answer 6 questions and write/read a 3 word sentence for a maybe 10 minute interview.

Just now my account updated “you attended your interview”, but the estimated wait time is 4 months, completion date of 01/2021!?!?! My I751 still not updated since 2018..

This process does not want to end. I actually cried when I got back to my car out of disappointment. At this point, just approve or deny it (I’d seriously just go home at this point) but geez dragging it out for this long is border line cruel. 

Beyond frustrated, all I’ve read is everyone getting approved and same day oaths, but I get hung up. Life truly is not fair. Better luck to you all!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
9 hours ago, jsilva89 said:

Went to my N400 interview. Received a paper that pretty much says no decision can be made but that I passed the civics test. I drove 2 hours to answer 6 questions and write/read a 3 word sentence for a maybe 10 minute interview.

Just now my account updated “you attended your interview”, but the estimated wait time is 4 months, completion date of 01/2021!?!?! My I751 still not updated since 2018..

This process does not want to end. I actually cried when I got back to my car out of disappointment. At this point, just approve or deny it (I’d seriously just go home at this point) but geez dragging it out for this long is border line cruel. 

Beyond frustrated, all I’ve read is everyone getting approved and same day oaths, but I get hung up. Life truly is not fair. Better luck to you all!!

They have 120 days to approve after naturalization interview by law so thats probably why the completion date says that. 

Was your I751 approved, did you have the interview?

18 hours ago, jsilva89 said:

Yes, I know this frustration.

I had my interview back in February (also with an outstanding I751 from 2018) and am still waiting for a decision.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Finished my interview and oath ceremony yesterday.

Nothing unexpected. Following civics questions were asked

- Tax filing date

- Longest river

- War fought in 1900

- President during World War 1

- Current Vice President

- Father of the nation

Now wife's interview is on Oct 30th. I asked two separate officers if she'll need my Naturalization certificate. They both said she'll not.

Will update here about her experience too.

Thanks everyone in this community for all your help.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
13 minutes ago, BPS288 said:

My interview just got scheduled for Mount Laurel for November 4th. Do they have same day oaths if your interview is afternoon?

Congratulations! Can you tell us what is your filing date ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys I have a question regarding travel/trips N400,

Long story short, I am hitting 5 year anniversary as PR soon, starting preparing the N400, online, and after collected all my travel history in past 5 years, and realized I have 3 trips in which I went out 3 months+, with the longest about 4.5 months. Is that gonna be an issue I need to get some sort of documents to explain? If so what do I need ? Thanks   

6 hours ago, HoHkey said:

Hi guys I have a question regarding travel/trips N400,

Long story short, I am hitting 5 year anniversary as PR soon, starting preparing the N400, online, and after collected all my travel history in past 5 years, and realized I have 3 trips in which I went out 3 months+, with the longest about 4.5 months. Is that gonna be an issue I need to get some sort of documents to explain? If so what do I need ? Thanks   

No issue!

The rules are:

• no single trip longer than 6 months (that "resets" the 5 year counter)
  • not more than 50% of days outside the US (2.5 years total)

6 minutes ago, Newark09_2019 said:

No issue!

The rules are:

• no single trip longer than 6 months (that "resets" the 5 year counter)
  • not more than 50% of days outside the US (2.5 years total)

I forgot to state that there were two of them around 120 days each. i had the first one then stayed in the sates for 2 weeks then went out for the second trip. Is that gonna be an issue? 

16 minutes ago, HoHkey said:

I forgot to state that there were two of them around 120 days each. i had the first one then stayed in the sates for 2 weeks then went out for the second trip. Is that gonna be an issue? 

No - because none of the trips was longer than 6 months!

The officer might still ask questions about those long trips but officially you're good!

No need to bring this up from your side - why should you bring more attention than necessary to this yourself!?

Just list the trips and that's it!

8 minutes ago, Newark09_2019 said:

No - because none of the trips was longer than 6 months!

The officer might still ask questions about those long trips but officially you're good!

No need to bring this up from your side - why should you bring more attention than necessary to this yourself!?

Just list the trips and that's it!

Got it. Yea you are absolutely right

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

Hello All and fellow NJ people

I will be filing for my US Citizenship (based on 3 years marrage to a US Citizen) in the middle of the November 2020. I have a question about the filing Should I do a paper application with evidance and proof of marriage, living together and all that amazin stuff that is required or can I apply online and will I be able to submit all the paperwork required online, for example in one big pdf. file or should? I don't know how that works with online. Anyone could advice me? Thank you.

Edited by Sebat4

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.