Moxa1989

N-400 Newark/Mt Laurel New Jersey

1,199 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Hello All,

I had a call today with USCIS service center to find out the status of my application ( filed N-400 in May 2020) - and was surprised when the agent mentioned that presently Newark office is processing cases from January of 2019 and that I should wait for another year and half for completion. 

My USCIS account on the other hand gives me an estimated completion date of Feb 2021

Where is the disconnect ? 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
6 minutes ago, roddie2k said:

Hello All,

I had a call today with USCIS service center to find out the status of my application ( filed N-400 in May 2020) - and was surprised when the agent mentioned that presently Newark office is processing cases from January of 2019 and that I should wait for another year and half for completion. 

My USCIS account on the other hand gives me an estimated completion date of Feb 2021

The estimated completion time in your account is nonsense - it’s just an estimate and appears to still reflect pre-covid dates.

Mine shows September 20 but I’m yet to receive an interview date and as January 20 filer probably have little to no chance to receive it anytime soon.

Newark has slowly been rescheduling cancelled interviews from earlier this year, for folks that filed in June/July 2019. You will get a better picture if you go some pages back in this thread and read about the re-schedules.

The mis-information line probably gave you a date of applications that are older, and still pending. If you look at USCIS processing times for N400 in Newark you see that there are applications still pending from that filing date (the higher month in the estimate).

Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

The estimated completion time in your account is nonsense - it’s just an estimate and appears to still reflect pre-covid dates.

Mine shows September 20 but I’m yet to receive an interview date and as January 20 filer probably have little to no chance to receive it anytime soon.

Newark has slowly been rescheduling cancelled interviews from earlier this year, for folks that filed in June/July 2019. You will get a better picture if you go some pages back in this thread and read about the re-schedules.

The mis-information line probably gave you a date of applications that are older, and still pending. If you look at USCIS processing times for N400 in Newark you see that there are applications still pending from that filing date (the higher month in the estimate).

Got it - I wonder if processing time goes by country of nationality or if it's sheer case load at the office - either way it definitely looks like a  long wait.

Timeline
1 hour ago, roddie2k said:

Got it - I wonder if processing time goes by country of nationality or if it's sheer case load at the office - either way it definitely looks like a  long wait.

Newark is nationwide the country with the highest number of N400 applications and backlog :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
9 hours ago, roddie2k said:

Hello All,

Sad news. I thought ( I think I read it here) that they were processing cases from July/August. A year and a half is too much time. I applied in December and I thought it was gonna take about a year.

12/14/19 applied online N400

01/09/20 Biometrics appointment

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 9/2/2020 at 1:40 PM, pleasebepatient said:

Mine is also 4/22 Newar

Mine is also 4/22, Newark. Nothing yet.

Have you hear anything about your rescheduled date? We have not heard yet.

Timeline
13 hours ago, pleasebepatient said:

just got my interview date. Oct 29th

9 minutes ago, skskskks said:

Finally received interview letter. Oct 27

One August, and one June filer. This makes the assumption that they go by filing date moot as well. Anyways - congratulations to both of you!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
13 hours ago, pleasebepatient said:

I just got my interview date. Oct 29th. 

Congratulations!! My wife got it too. October 30th.

51 minutes ago, skskskks said:

Finally received interview letter. Oct 27. 

Congratulations!!!

41 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

One August, and one June filer. This makes the assumption that they go by filing date moot as well. Anyways - congratulations to both of you!

Thanks. I do think my case was outlier and unusally delayed. Others seem to be more or less in line. I did have to reach to L2 officer who suggested submitting a request letter under unsolicited docs. A week later I got an interview. Try if that works for anyone. Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.