nyokie

December 2017 i130 filers

1,191 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
20 hours ago, Divergent said:

I'm so happy for you!! Please make sure you have someone reliable to check your mails for you when you travel. If you're staying the whole summer, your approval letter may come in when you're gone. Don't depend entirely on checking the case number online. I've read here that some people got approval letters in the mail but their case wasn't updated to approved, some didn't get email or text notification either

Also please travel with everything you need for the NVC stage, once your reliable person tells you about the approval, you'll need to follow up with the NVC and mail the required documents to them. You can either travel with them or have your reliable person mail them in for you

The reason I'm saying all this is because I believe approvals will start during summer period for December filers. I wouldn't want your trip to delay you, you can enjoy your trip and still have the process moving along smoothly  while you're gone

Please use this period before you travel, to look for someone you can trust. Not just a relative or friend but someone who is very reliable and pays attention to detail. Have a safe trip my dear 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

Thank you for the support. Yes, i did think about that too. I live with my parents so i know anything important i get they will let me know and before i leave i will also see my lawyer. I hope we hear something soon.

Timeline

I only sent in:

- I130a form

- G1145 form

- Marriage certificate 

- Proof of citizenship (sent both passport and certificate)

- Check for filing fee

We have nothing joint at the time. And i didnt send in any pictures or chats or call records omg! 

I do travel alot and spend months living in mexico with partner. Its a small ranch and internet is not common. But i do have pictures of us and tons of chats when we are apart

Timeline
11 hours ago, lvsweets said:

I only sent in:

- I130a form

- G1145 form

- Marriage certificate 

- Check for filing fee

We have nothing joint at the time. And i didnt send in any pictures or chats or call records omg! 

I do travel alot and spend months living in mexico with partner. Its a small ranch and internet is not common. But i do have pictures of us and tons of chats when we are apart

How do you travel? You can also send in bus tickets or plane tickets. I've kept all of mine and sent copies. Also if you bought weddings rings you can send the copy of the receipt. I sent my receipt. He opened a bank account and he put me as a beneficiary on his account if something was to happen. But we do want to change it so i can be a co-account holder, but for now we sent in where it states that am a beneficiary. Hope this helps.😊😊😊

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 4/29/2018 at 5:38 AM, lvsweets said:

I only sent in:

- I130a form

- G1145 form

- Marriage certificate 

- Check for filing fee

Okay dear I'm sorry for the late reply, internet network here is very unstable. I noticed you didn't put the i130 form, did you send that?

If you didn't send that then sadly, you'll definitely get the RFE, it's one of the main documents required

As for proof, don't worry too much. It really boils down to who is handling the paperwork at USCIS. Sometimes you can send in all the proof and they'll still want more and sometimes you send in no proof and you're good to go

Please focus on positive thoughts and having faith that your paperwork is in the right hands. Not a grumpy worker who is ####### about everything and looks for details. This is why we pray for good luck, sometimes we study hard for an exam and fail, while sometimes we don't study at all and pass

Just be prepared, gather everything you can right now, getting RFE is a horrible feeling but you don't want to waste too much time feeling bad either. Pictures, joint documents, notarized letters from friends and family stating they know you both are married, plane or bus tickets, chat records etc

Gather a ton of evidence, if it comes down to it and it's RFE then make it rain on them

I pray for you and wish you the very best of luck throughout this process 🤗🤗🤗💖💖💖

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

Today I signed up on the new uscis website and made an account for checking on our case...we sent it in November 30 and got our NOA1 on December 7th

but when I checked in our account it said that something was done/updated on March 21?!

Other than that nothing really changed, but I am kinda worried?!

Does anyone have experience in calling USCIS and asking for a tier 2 officer?

If so, I would appreciate you telling me about it please!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

So guys we just reply RFE today.

P.D 10 oct 2017

Got Rfe 17 apriL 2018

RFE reply sent 29 apriL 2018

In how many days usually petition is approved from texas service center after rfe reply sent?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
4 hours ago, Beast333 said:

P.D 10 oct 2017

Got Rfe 17 apriL 2018

In how many days usually petition is approved from texas service center after rfe reply sent?

Wrong group? Not sure about the answer to your questions. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
On 4/28/2018 at 9:55 AM, lvsweets said:

Im getting so worried i might get rejected guys. I only sent in documents with my app but no extra proof like pictures or things like that. I see everyone here sent in tons of proof. I pray that doesnt get me a rfe

Nah don’t worry, I didn’t sent any pictures only the passport pictures.

your good 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
16 hours ago, Beast333 said:

P.D 10 oct 2017

Got Rfe 17 apriL 2018

You indeed are in the wrong group but that is okay :) Nice to see that you got your case worked at earlier than VJ predicted it.

As far as your question goes, I read that usually, it takes a week up to a month. But usually, it's about two weeks. 

Why did you get RFE? What did you miss?

Timeline
On 4/30/2018 at 2:19 AM, Divergent said:

Okay dear I'm sorry for the late reply, internet network here is very unstable. I noticed you didn't put the i130 form, did you send that?

If you didn't send that then sadly, you'll definitely get the RFE, it's one of the main documents required

As for proof, don't worry too much. It really boils down to who is handling the paperwork at USCIS. Sometimes you can send in all the proof and they'll still want more and sometimes you send in no proof and you're good to go

Please focus on positive thoughts and having faith that your paperwork is in the right hands. Not a grumpy worker who is ####### about everything and looks for details. This is why we pray for good luck, sometimes we study hard for an exam and fail, while sometimes we don't study at all and pass

Just be prepared, gather everything you can right now, getting RFE is a horrible feeling but you don't want to waste too much time feeling bad either. Pictures, joint documents, notarized letters from friends and family stating they know you both are married, plane or bus tickets, chat records etc

Gather a ton of evidence, if it comes down to it and it's RFE then make it rain on them

I pray for you and wish you the very best of luck throughout this process 🤗🤗🤗💖💖💖

Thank you so much for the great advice and above all the encouragement and prayers. I wish the same for everyone out here going through our situation. I guess the closer the time/date for the noa2 comes the more nervous i get lol. Thank you once again!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello everyone, I am a late December 2018 filer . I received a notice two weeks later. I am curious as to whether anyone with my filing date heard anything. 

Also, I would like to know how to find information and update about those who file late December.  Thanks 

It's only been about 5 months so I doubt many December filers, if any, have received NOA2 yet. You can check out the December 2017 Filers thread in the progress reports forum here, 

DCF Mexico

06/04/2017: Married

06/24/2017: Mailed I-130

06/27/2017: NOA1 (technically a RFE as we were missing beneficiary ID)

07/06/2017: NOA2

07/12/2017: Case assigned by Juarez embassy

07/17/2017: Packet 3 received

08/15/2017: Interview/Approval!

08/22/2017: Visa received via DHL

09/03/2017: POE

09/16/2017: Permanent Resident Card received

Total days from NOA1 to approval: 49

I wrote a DCF Mexico guide! http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php?title=DCF_Mexico

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~Posts merged with existing thread.~~

2 hours ago, mmmarva said:

Hello everyone, I am a late December 2018 filer . I received a notice two weeks later. I am curious as to whether anyone with my filing date heard anything. 

Also, I would like to know how to find information and update about those who file late December.  Thanks 

2 hours ago, Jorge V said:

It's only been about 5 months so I doubt many December filers, if any, have received NOA2 yet. You can check out the December 2017 Filers thread in the progress reports forum here, 

44 minutes ago, ms_bobdog said:

You are in for some waiting still...

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

Question!

So as i previously shared ive been in mexico since February. Mail here is very unrealiable and we are staying in a home meanwhile its not a permanent address. So a good friend has offered us his home address in El Paso Texas which im more comfortable receiving mail at since its in the US.

My question is can i do a change of address to USCIS even if its not my own address or my permanent one? Will ot affect in any way, shape, or form my i130? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.