mighty836

December 2017 AOS

1,254 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
2 hours ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

We arent sure right now because some of us still dont have ap or ead and we have been waiting around the 4 month mark some got it in 2 to 3 months and some wait 5 or more months. I wouldnt book anything until you have it in hand. I'd hate for you to waste your money!

1 hour ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

I'd highly suggest to wait until you have your Combocard in hand. Do not book anything, it will stress the hell out of you and probably cost money.
Honeymoon won't run away, but the Combocard is unpredictable!

Good advice, I guess I will wait till I have i in hand.

Fiance wants to book flights as early as possible for our honeymoon to save money, but the risk of losing the flights altogether seems very real haha!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline
4 hours ago, SarahMV said:

Looks like a lot of december filers have received their EAD. Is there anyone else out there from early December filer? NOA is 12/4/17, going on 126 days now without any updates... :( 

You are not alone! It's really frustrating but let's try to stay positive...

8 minutes ago, peterad said:

Good advice, I guess I will wait till I have i in hand.

Fiance wants to book flights as early as possible for our honeymoon to save money, but the risk of losing the flights altogether seems very real haha!

Wise decision! 
It's like the K1 NOA2... can come tomorrow, can take months... unfortunately. :(

Got an email from my Senator who followed up on our request to expedite AP.  She contacted my local field office who told her our case was at the NBC.  They called the NBC for her and spoke to an officer there that said that our case has been transferred to the Adjudication department and that we should receive the combo card by April 25th.  Time will tell..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, spike198 said:

Got an email from my Senator who followed up on our request to expedite AP.  She contacted my local field office who told her our case was at the NBC.  They called the NBC for her and spoke to an officer there that said that our case has been transferred to the Adjudication department and that we should receive the combo card by April 25th.  Time will tell..

I thought that all the ead and AP come from the National Benefit Center (NBC)?

& Only AOS is "local"?

Either way it's nice you received a date. Fingers crossed right !! 🤞:clock::whistle:

Does your area have informed delivery?

Ours doesnt and we live in the city in chicago you'd think the whole city would have it but nope. 

Just now, Marzena & Stephen said:

I thought that all the ead and AP come from the National Benefit Center (NBC)?

& Only AOS is "local"?

Either way it's nice you received a date. Fingers crossed right !! 🤞:clock::whistle:

Does your area have informed delivery?

Ours doesnt and we live in the city in chicago you'd think the whole city would have it but nope. 

That is correct.  Not sure why she started with the local office and not NBC, but looks like she got the info from them which is more than I can say for what we are able to obtain for info.  Yes, we have informed delivery.  That's weird that Chicago doesn't have it!

12 minutes ago, Danica&Zeljko said:

Just got approved for EAD/ Advanced Parole as of 125 days!!!! Thank God! Finally. Wish you all well! Hang in there!

How did you find out?  Congrats!!!  There is life in December!!!

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Danica&Zeljko said:

Just got approved for EAD/ Advanced Parole as of 125 days!!!! Thank God! Finally. Wish you all well! Hang in there!

Congratulations !! woohoo!!! :dance:

Timeline
24 minutes ago, spike198 said:

Yes, we have informed delivery.  That's weird that Chicago doesn't have it!

I think chicago has it just not all neighborhoods and we live on the north side which is the good side of chicago and nothing but I think informed delivery is still in the testing phases and not fully blown ..which is too bad because I'd love to see what mail is coming since mail theft is common in large cities. 

13 minutes ago, Danica&Zeljko said:

Congrats!!! :))

Also congrats in advance to you @spike198!!! Great to hear some of us are having movement!

I'm a grumps right now. Someone who filed a month after me and is in the same field office had the interview notice as email last night.

I wonder if they work upside down. :(

2 minutes ago, Danica&Zeljko said:

We received it by email on Case status information and on the Case Status website. I made 2 requests and also contacted our Congress woman and an Ombudsman with U.S.C.I.S. After 110 days we were tired of waiting. Here now approved at 125 days. I hope you all get news super fast! Thank You !!

Awesome, thanks for the info!  Hopefully we all start seeing this kind of happiness soon!

11 minutes ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

Congrats!!! :))

Also congrats in advance to you @spike198!!! Great to hear some of us are having movement!

I'm a grumps right now. Someone who filed a month after me and is in the same field office had the interview notice as email last night.

I wonder if they work upside down. :(

Well until I have an email or a letter or a status update, I'm not going to start getting excited...  I understand why you are grumpy about someone else a month after you.  I would be too.  Yes, everyone's case is different, but clearly they are not processing in order.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.