dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview January 2018

696 posts in this topic

On 12/19/2017 at 6:31 AM, waitin4mylove said:

Interview scheduled.

1/30/18

Thank you Jesus! :jest:

congrats! My husbands is scheduled for 1/29/18,, good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 minute ago, Isa&Sam said:

congrats! My husbands is scheduled for 1/29/18,, good luck!

Thank you so much!! All the best to you as well! :D:D:D

CR2

Step -Child

PD           10/2/17

Approval  3/23/18

NVC Received 4/12/18

Case # Received 6/11/18

So we went in for an interview at the Manila embassy Dec 12..  My husband was put on AP for an "NBI AKA".  I read on so many visa journey stories that we should call. We submitted the document on Dec 18. We followed up by phone and email. I didn't care if I was going to be annoying.  His visa got issued last night!!!!!! Yay he finally gets to meet his son of 9 months! We've been apart exactly one year! So happy! I hope everyone has good news soon too!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Binna said:

Medicals tomorrow Dec 21.

Interview scheduled for Dec 28.

What do you mean medical tomorrow or the result will be ready tomorrow right?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sammy009 said:

What do you mean medical tomorrow or the result will be ready tomorrow right?

No, I meant that I will be having my actual medicals tomorrow Dec 21 not the result. The consulate said it’s okay since it’s still within 7 days before my interview. Remember though,  interview is not dependent on the medicals,  but decision to approve and issue visa will of course depend on the medicals results amongst other things. 

...do good and good will be done onto you...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

How did you get your interviewed scheduled so quickly? I see you had CC on Nov 15th and an interview in Jan? How did you do that? I had CC on Nov 28th is what I found out recently and as far as I know the interviews are 2-3 months out? Did you expedite your interview somehow? If so how were you able to do so? I'm the petitioner and I'm living here in Mexico with my wife and would love to expedite my case. I have been here for almost 2 years now. 

Timeline
12 hours ago, MrHanky said:

This is the CR1 forum

How did you get your interviewed scheduled so quickly? I see you had CC on Nov 15th and an interview in Jan? How did you do that? I had CC on Nov 28th is what I found out recently and as far as I know the interviews are 2-3 months out? Did you expedite your interview somehow? If so how were you able to do so? I'm the petitioner and I'm living here in Mexico with my wife and would love to expedite my case. I have been here for almost 2 years now.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 hours ago, Binna said:

Medicals tomorrow Dec 21.

Interview scheduled for Dec 28.

Congrats :jest:

Visa - CR1

Service Center - Nebraska

PD - January 26, 2017

NOA1 - January 31, 2017

NOA2 - November 3, 2017

State Department - Sent November 7, 2017

NVC Received - November 9, 2017

Consular Interview - January 5, 2018

Port of Entry - Miami on January 19, 2018

ROC Mailed - December 14, 2019

ROC Rec'd - December 16, 2019

E-Notification - December 19, 2019

ROC sent to National Benefits Center (MSC receipt #)

Cheque cashed December 20, 2019

Ready to Schedule for interview - October 7, 2020

No ROC interview

New card is being produced - August 16, 2021
Card received - August 23, 2021

N400 -  Online

Filed - July 19, 2021
NOA - July 24, 2021

Biometrics - August 16, 2021
Interview - December 14, 2021

Approval - January 27, 2021

Oath Ceremony Notice Mailed - March 17, 2022

Oath Ceremony - March 30, 2022

Passport Book and Card in hand August 12th and 14th 2022.

My journey is finally over 🥰

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jonuts11 said:

Yes I had an expedite, but only on the consulate side, I requested it while I was at the NVC, didn't expect that they'd give me anything, you can't just request an expedite, you need a valid reason, like a life or death matter or something financial.

I had been mostly staying with my wife down there too, I was back and forth every month.

Even with the expedite I had to be on top of things, I could have easily been waiting around for months more.

I already knew the site to logon too, so as soon as I saw it was READY, I logged on, and lucky me I picked up a canceled interview that same day.

I think about a week later I saw appointments for the end of February that were gone in like 2 days.

On the downside its $600 now to fly to Juarez from Mexico City cause its on the holiday.

CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Nebraska    Consulate: Mexico

Marriage: 12/9/2016    I-130 Sent: 12/10/2016    I-130 NOA1: 12/13/2016

Notice from USCIS: 8/23/2017

USCIS Approval Date: 8/21/2017

NOA2 issued date: 8/18/2017   NOA2 hardcopy received: 8/25/2017

Notice from USCIS Sent to NVC: 9/1/2017    NVC received: 9/8/2017

Received case and invoice numbers: 9/12/2017

Choice of Agent DS-261: 9/12/2017

Welcome Letter: 9/15/2017

Received and Paid AOS: 9/15/2017    AOS payment cleared my bank: 9/19/2017 (still shows In Process on CEAC)

Received and paid IV bill: 9/19/2017    IV bill cleared bank: 9/21/2017

Requested Expedite: 9/20/2017

AOS and IV show as paid: 9/23/2017

DS260 unlocked: 9/23/2017

Partial Expedite Approved at Counselor Level: 9/25/2017 (Must still wait out NVC)

Scan Date: 10/2/2017    Case Complete: 11/15/2017 (6 weeks 2 days!)

Case sent to consulate: 11/20/2017     Received by consulate: 11/21/2017 (11/20 was a holiday in Mexico)

Interview Scheduled: Jan 2nd - I managed to get someones canceled appointment the very same day my case status turned to Ready.

Biometrics: Mexico City Dec 27th Medical: Mexico City Dec 28th

Case says READY but consulate says case is not in system, I jumped the gun and booked an interview but they say its invalid until I receive the letter so I might have to cancel it.

Appointment Letter: Flew to Juarez just to get this, its actually 2 letters you need.

Interview Day: Jan 2nd   Interview Result: APPROVED

Tracking Number Received: Via email notice and website the afternoon of Jan 4th    Visa Delivered: Friday Jan 5th Mexico City

USCIS Notice - Green Card mailed: 3/28/18

Timeline
2 minutes ago, MrHanky said:

Yes I had an expedite, but only on the consulate side, I requested it while I was at the NVC, didn't expect that they'd give me anything, you can't just request an expedite, you need a valid reason, like a life or death matter or something financial.

I had been mostly staying with my wife down there too, I was back and forth every month.

Even with the expedite I had to be on top of things, I could have easily been waiting around for months more.

I already knew the site to logon too, so as soon as I saw it was READY, I logged on, and lucky me I picked up a canceled interview that same day.

I think about a week later I saw appointments for the end of February that were gone in like 2 days.

On the downside its $600 now to fly to Juarez from Mexico City cause its on the holiday.

Well I've been sick here for almost a year now with my tonsils and my I've been having cankar soars all over my mouth that are continuous.. now I have a lump on my cheek from one of my cankar soars.. It's prob to late to expedite since my CC was almost a month ago. But I'm not leaving my wife here and I need to see a doctor in the US soon.. hopefully I get an interview date soon.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jonuts11 said:

Well I've been sick here for almost a year now with my tonsils and my I've been having cankar soars all over my mouth that are continuous.. now I have a lump on my cheek from one of my cankar soars.. It's prob to late to expedite since my CC was almost a month ago. But I'm not leaving my wife here and I need to see a doctor in the US soon.. hopefully I get an interview date soon.

No need to explain to me, I can't expedite :D

You actually request the expedite with the NVC, they maybe take a week to reply, if its approved they'll send it to the consulate in a few days, you'll need some kind of proof though and it might need to be your wife that has the issue, but I'm no expert on that.

CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Nebraska    Consulate: Mexico

Marriage: 12/9/2016    I-130 Sent: 12/10/2016    I-130 NOA1: 12/13/2016

Notice from USCIS: 8/23/2017

USCIS Approval Date: 8/21/2017

NOA2 issued date: 8/18/2017   NOA2 hardcopy received: 8/25/2017

Notice from USCIS Sent to NVC: 9/1/2017    NVC received: 9/8/2017

Received case and invoice numbers: 9/12/2017

Choice of Agent DS-261: 9/12/2017

Welcome Letter: 9/15/2017

Received and Paid AOS: 9/15/2017    AOS payment cleared my bank: 9/19/2017 (still shows In Process on CEAC)

Received and paid IV bill: 9/19/2017    IV bill cleared bank: 9/21/2017

Requested Expedite: 9/20/2017

AOS and IV show as paid: 9/23/2017

DS260 unlocked: 9/23/2017

Partial Expedite Approved at Counselor Level: 9/25/2017 (Must still wait out NVC)

Scan Date: 10/2/2017    Case Complete: 11/15/2017 (6 weeks 2 days!)

Case sent to consulate: 11/20/2017     Received by consulate: 11/21/2017 (11/20 was a holiday in Mexico)

Interview Scheduled: Jan 2nd - I managed to get someones canceled appointment the very same day my case status turned to Ready.

Biometrics: Mexico City Dec 27th Medical: Mexico City Dec 28th

Case says READY but consulate says case is not in system, I jumped the gun and booked an interview but they say its invalid until I receive the letter so I might have to cancel it.

Appointment Letter: Flew to Juarez just to get this, its actually 2 letters you need.

Interview Day: Jan 2nd   Interview Result: APPROVED

Tracking Number Received: Via email notice and website the afternoon of Jan 4th    Visa Delivered: Friday Jan 5th Mexico City

USCIS Notice - Green Card mailed: 3/28/18

Hello all! I was approved this morning! Was quite eventful, interview was 9.30am and i left at 11.15am.

It was a small room with 4 windows, basically there's only 1 consulate throughout.

It was so loud that I get to listen to everyone's interview. 

I queued up at window 1 to give them my doc pack. I sorted them neatly in a multiple slot box filer but they want me to take everything out as a stack of paper.

I gave them my ID card and passports. They took 2 photos from me as well.

Then they called my name and the local officer handed me back the stack of paper, asking me to give the stuff to him one by one as he goes through a list. Then he handed me the notes about family violence and abuse and asked me to read it before my interview.

I was last to be called in the room as they chose my case as training case since it's a simple case. Consulate told me not to be scared as she would point to the screen and show the apprentice something during the interview as part of the training.

Questions asked:

- Who is petitioning for your visa today?

- what does he do?

- How did you meet each other?

- Were you married before?

- Was your husband married before?

- Do you have children?

- Does he have children?

- What is your birthday?

- Where is your husband now?

- Where does his parents live?

- Does your husband live in the same place as his parents?

- Is your husband given any sort of financial support from his parents or anyone else?

Consulate asking the apprentice behind her: Do you have any questions you would like to ask? (No.)

It was a bit hectic for me: I didnt know i was supposed to follow the "American citizen" queue and was directed to the wrong queue as they assumed i must be here for the tourist visa (long queue vs no queue); someone fainted at security check (too hot inside), an old chinese couple came to me and asking me to fill out forms for them (back and forth throughout the whole process <_<!!) as they dont read english.  I have a lot of papers, but i was glad i have those and a lot of photos with me because the person in front of me was scrutinized why they only have a few photos. (I didnt hear if she was approved because i was distracted by the old couple)

I brought a book to kill time as they would keep your phones.

Edited by Nattie_Bry

Timeline
3 hours ago, Binna said:

No, I meant that I will be having my actual medicals tomorrow Dec 21 not the result. The consulate said it’s okay since it’s still within 7 days before my interview. Remember though,  interview is not dependent on the medicals,  but decision to approve and issue visa will of course depend on the medicals results amongst other things. 

Oh okay but why did you wait this time before you schedule your medical: Medicals alone takes 2 weeks before the result is out and without the result to the embassy you can’t be interviewed . So I really don know where you get your information from, anyways I wish you all the best 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Nattie_Bry said:

Hello all! I was approved this morning! Was quite eventful, interview was 9.30am and i left at 11.15am.

It was a small room with 4 windows, basically there's only 1 consulate throughout.

It was so loud that I get to listen to everyone's interview. 

I queued up at window 1 to give them my doc pack. I sorted them neatly in a multiple slot box filer but they want me to take everything out as a stack of paper.

I gave them my ID card and passports. They took 2 photos from me as well.

Then they called my name and the local officer handed me back the stack of paper, asking me to give the stuff to him one by one as he goes through a list. Then he handed me the notes about family violence and abuse and asked me to read it before my interview.

I was last to be called in the room as they chose my case as training case since it's a simple case. Consulate told me not to be scared as she would point to the screen and show the apprentice something during the interview as part of the training.

Questions asked:

- Who is petitioning for your visa today?

- what does he do?

- How did you meet each other?

- Were you married before?

- Was your husband married before?

- Do you have children?

- Does he have children?

- What is your birthday?

- Where is your husband now?

- Where does his parents live?

- Does your husband live in the same place as his parents?

- Is your husband given any sort of financial support from his parents or anyone else?

Consulate asking the apprentice behind her: Do you have any questions you would like to ask? (No.)

It was a bit hectic for me: I didnt know i was supposed to follow the "American citizen" queue and was directed to the wrong queue as they assumed i must be here for the tourist visa (long queue vs no queue); someone fainted at security check (too hot inside), an old chinese couple came to me and asking me to fill out forms for them (back and forth throughout the whole process <_<!!) as they dont read english.  I have a lot of papers, but i was glad i have those and a lot of photos with me because the person in front of me was scrutinized why they only have a few photos. (I didnt hear if she was approved because i was distracted by the old couple)

I brought a book to kill time as they would keep your phones.

Congratulations on your visa approval Nattie... it's finally over. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.