dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview January 2018

696 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, JennBla said:

That was fast!! Hopefully my husbands is that fast we are ready to come home!! 

Sorry one other question did you have to take passport pics with you? 

I had some old ones but they didn’t ask for it.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 12/21/2017 at 12:15 PM, Game411 said:

Interview concluded.

Visa Approved.

Lagos Nigeria.

I was scheduled for 6:30am, and I was pretty much done at 9am. Interview lasted about 2 mins.

Questions asked were:

Whos filing for you?

Ans: My Dad.

Tell me about your dad, like what does he do?

How long has he been in the US?

How often do you talk to him?

What medium do you guys use to communicate?

When last was he in Nigeria?

Visa was granted afterwards. No document was checked.

Finally, my 7 year wait is over. Wow

Thank God.

Congratulations, I know how it feels. Please do let us know how long it takes to receive your passport from the embassy.

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
25 minutes ago, lekankesh said:

Congratulations, I know how it feels. Please do let us know how long it takes to receive your passport from the embassy.

Thanks. You know its the christmas week coming ahead, so I'm not expecting it until after the holidays. I'll still let you know how many working days it took all the same. Cheers and Good luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
13 hours ago, Leah09 said:

I had some old ones but they didn’t ask for it.

They've generally needed these for the green card/visa I wonder if they use the biometrics photo now.

CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Nebraska    Consulate: Mexico

Marriage: 12/9/2016    I-130 Sent: 12/10/2016    I-130 NOA1: 12/13/2016

Notice from USCIS: 8/23/2017

USCIS Approval Date: 8/21/2017

NOA2 issued date: 8/18/2017   NOA2 hardcopy received: 8/25/2017

Notice from USCIS Sent to NVC: 9/1/2017    NVC received: 9/8/2017

Received case and invoice numbers: 9/12/2017

Choice of Agent DS-261: 9/12/2017

Welcome Letter: 9/15/2017

Received and Paid AOS: 9/15/2017    AOS payment cleared my bank: 9/19/2017 (still shows In Process on CEAC)

Received and paid IV bill: 9/19/2017    IV bill cleared bank: 9/21/2017

Requested Expedite: 9/20/2017

AOS and IV show as paid: 9/23/2017

DS260 unlocked: 9/23/2017

Partial Expedite Approved at Counselor Level: 9/25/2017 (Must still wait out NVC)

Scan Date: 10/2/2017    Case Complete: 11/15/2017 (6 weeks 2 days!)

Case sent to consulate: 11/20/2017     Received by consulate: 11/21/2017 (11/20 was a holiday in Mexico)

Interview Scheduled: Jan 2nd - I managed to get someones canceled appointment the very same day my case status turned to Ready.

Biometrics: Mexico City Dec 27th Medical: Mexico City Dec 28th

Case says READY but consulate says case is not in system, I jumped the gun and booked an interview but they say its invalid until I receive the letter so I might have to cancel it.

Appointment Letter: Flew to Juarez just to get this, its actually 2 letters you need.

Interview Day: Jan 2nd   Interview Result: APPROVED

Tracking Number Received: Via email notice and website the afternoon of Jan 4th    Visa Delivered: Friday Jan 5th Mexico City

USCIS Notice - Green Card mailed: 3/28/18

Timeline
5 minutes ago, lekankesh said:

How does it take to receive your passport from the embassy in Lagos ? Considering everything went well.

The last person who answered this question in the past said 2 working days. I guess we normally get told 10 working days in order to include any unforseen problems. So I am hoping for 2-3 working days as usual.

Edited by Game411

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Game411 said:

Thanks. You know its the christmas week coming ahead, so I'm not expecting it until after the holidays. I'll still let you know how many working days it took all the same. Cheers and Good luck.

Oh that's true. Would be looking forward to your message. My interview is coming up, and I'm also under F1 category 

21 minutes ago, Game411 said:

The last person who answered this question in the past said 2 working days. I guess we normally get told 10 working days in order to include any unforseen problems. So I am hoping for 2-3 working days as usual.

Oh thats sounds good, hopefully its 2-3 days.

Timeline
48 minutes ago, lekankesh said:

Oh that's true. Would be looking forward to your message. My interview is coming up, and I'm also under F1 category 

Oh thats sounds good, hopefully its 2-3 days.

Awww, really good to see another F1. We are few on here on VJ. Dont be too nervous, mine went smoother and quicker than I imagined. Just have your medical and police reports on point, and be ready to speak about your petitioning parent. Best of luck. Cheers!

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Game411 said:

Awww, really good to see another F1. We are few on here on VJ. Dont be too nervous, mine went smoother and quicker than I imagined. Just have your medical and police reports on point, and be ready to speak about your petitioning parent. Best of luck. Cheers!

Thanks, I'd try to remain calm. There is actually a thread for all F1 case complete waiting for interview but it is not as active as this thread. Hope you didn't have to print communication between yourself and your Dad (like whatsapp chat/call records).

Edited by lekankesh
Update message

Timeline
Just now, lekankesh said:

Thanks, I'd try to remain calm. Hope you didn't have to print communication between yourself and your Dad (like whatsapp chat/call records).

Lol, I did all that oh. I spent a lot of money printing loads of documents, yet non of them was requested. Really funny. With that been said, do go prepared cause you'll never know what will be asked of you. If you have kids, remember to go with their vaccination records and birth certificates. A guy was refused and told to come back cause of that.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Timam2 said:

Hello ... I have an upcoming interview and I want to ask . I have my moms name spelt wrongly on my birth certificate, please will it affect my interview?? Want to be sure

Can you fill out your timeline so we can help each other better?

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=282003

CR-1 Visa

Received and Paid AOS: 9/15/2017    AOS payment cleared my bank: 9/19/2017 (still shows In Process on CEAC)

Partial Expedite Approved at Counselor Level: 9/25/2017 (Must still wait out NVC)

Case sent to consulate: 11/20/2017     Received by consulate: 11/21/2017 (11/20 was a holiday in Mexico)

Interview Scheduled: Jan 2nd - I managed to get someones canceled appointment the very same day my case status turned to Ready.

Case says READY but consulate says case is not in system, I jumped the gun and booked an interview but they say its invalid until I receive the letter so I might have to cancel it.

Appointment Letter: Flew to Juarez just to get this, its actually 2 letters you need.

Tracking Number Received: Via email notice and website the afternoon of Jan 4th    Visa Delivered: Friday Jan 5th Mexico City

2 hours ago, MrHanky said:

They've generally needed these for the green card/visa I wonder if they use the biometrics photo now.

My visa has the one they took from biometrics. Don’t know about the green card

Timeline
54 minutes ago, Leah09 said:

My visa has the one they took from biometrics. Don’t know about the green card

So it sounds like my theory is right, and that totally makes sense, I'm sure its just that they were so disorganized in the past they couldn't even use the photo they already had.

CR-1 Visa

Timeline
4 hours ago, lekankesh said:

The text message just came in. So it took just 1 day. Its just that I can't get it until the 27th.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.