AJ001

NVC (November 2017 Approvals)

1,618 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I'm just glad to find this thread.  After having USCIS lose my paperwork once and getting a re-approval date of 11/16 (original approval 9/18), I was worried they had made another mistake.  It's good to hear that this wait is the new "normal".  I will gladly wait six weeks if it actually gets sent to the NVC this time ;)

1 hour ago, heartinKorea said:

Yes- you have to call and talk to a tier 2. They told me yesterday that mine still hasn't been mailed, but someone else was able to reach them and heard that theirs was mailed a few days earlier. 

Hi, mine was approved 11/7. when I spoke with the immigration officer he said it was sent on the 8th ( the next day). at least that's what his screen was showing. what's tier 2? is it different then when you ask to speak with an immigration officer?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, AZSunshine78 said:

YSCIS answered me within a week.

I have submitted 3 NVC inquires via email and they get back to me within 3 days. However, it is a form letter telling me to chill out...it can take 6 weeks or more...I doubt a person even looks at it...just generated by a computer and mailed out. :( 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Karim3_22 said:

I was worried about that as well! how did you figure out they lost your paper work? did you have to wait 6 weeks to find out?

I started an investigation at the NVC and a review at the CSC (I also did a lot of other things, but those were the only two actions that yielded results).  Calling USCIS was less than useless as they kept telling me to wait and that they have no way of knowing where the papers are.  After a long wait, the NVC told me the papers were at the NRC and the CSC gave me a new approval date.  The NVC wouldn't start the investigation earlier than six weeks no matter how many people I asked.  I was approved on 9/18 and was finally told my papers were missing on 11/14.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, pmeyer1229 said:

I have submitted 3 NVC inquires via email and they get back to me within 3 days. However, it is a form letter telling me to chill out...it can take 6 weeks or more...I doubt a person even looks at it...just generated by a computer and mailed out. :( 

This is the same thing I got.  They would not work on my case until the six week mark.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Catseal said:

Has anyone tried to call the NVC today already? I just tried and was told they are not open at this time. Is it a holiday? :wacko:

We called an hour ago! They said to make an iquiry via email. They are open for sure!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, Anita27 said:

We called an hour ago! They said to make an iquiry via email. They are open for sure!

NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

Is thus the email they gave you?

If not, or if there is another one, please post it.

Also, be sure to CC USCIS as well.

Timeline

Here you go everyone.

You can type into google “your city, state and state representative”

and then email mail them from this link

https://www.house.gov/representatives

Timeline
13 minutes ago, AZSunshine78 said:

NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

Is thus the email they gave you?

If not, or if there is another one, please post it.

Also, be sure to CC USCIS as well.

Yes! That's the same email address they gave us! I am starting panicing, what if they lost our papers? There where so many difficulties with our case that I expect the worst already:(

Timeline
Just now, Anita27 said:

Yes! That's the same email address they gave us! I am starting panicing, what if they lost our papers? There where so many difficulties with our case that I expect the worst already:(

It will be okay:)

Worry is like a rocking chair: keeps you busy but gets you nowhere.

Dont let yourself get too worked up.

Trust me, I’m a MAJOR “what if’er”😑

Timeline
Just now, AZSunshine78 said:

It will be okay:)

Worry is like a rocking chair: keeps you busy but gets you nowhere.

Dont let yourself get too worked up.

Trust me, I’m a MAJOR “what if’er”😑

Thanks a lot for the support! I appreciate that! Best of luck ☺👍

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

We also sent NVC inquiry email today. They asked us to attache NOA2.

Right now we are also waiting for an USCIS officer to call us back.

I wish all us good news soon, we are all tired and nervous. So glad i have this threat, im just nervous instead of total chaos right now thanks to us sharing the info.

Edited by Marcelina

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.