AJ001

NVC (November 2017 Approvals)

1,618 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello everyone and compliments of the season :)

I called NVC earlier today and I was told they haven't received my case yet, so I decided to call USCIS hoping to speak to a Tier 1 or 2 representative. They customer service representative without me even asking (Thank God) transferred to me to a Tier representative (not sure whether it is 1 or 2) and the representative stated that since I was approved Nov 4th NVC should have received my case but when she checked she saw they did not mail it out the case yet. She then created a service request that it should be mailed out immediately and said it should take about 2 weeks to get to the NVC.

Just wanted to give an update to those within the same time frame of approvals as mine to try calling USCIS to ask if the case as being mailed out, hopefully it has and if not I am sure a service request can be generated to be sent out immediately.

Will call USCIS again tomorrow or Friday to see if it has been mailed out - praying to hear good news.

Have a wonderful holiday everyone :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

I just called NVC for the second time today (I am very anxious lately) and a very nice guy told me they had received our petition on the 25th, even though they had been telling me they hadn't for the past couple days. Whatever, I guess they hadn't processed it yet?

He told me to wait a couple days for it to get a number assigned, so I'm calling again tonight :P

NOA2 was Nov. 7th, in case someone else is on the same boat.

20 minutes ago, BnE said:

it seems like they are moving them pretty quick according to Shoegum doc .... I bet you are in transit very soon 

I hope so. When I called yesterday they said we're in ap.. but I think they may say that to everyone if you call in between when they assign the case number and when they send it. Not sure, but that's what I'm hoping.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, heartinKorea said:

I hope so. When I called yesterday they said we're in ap.. but I think they may say that to everyone if you call in between when they assign the case number and when they send it. Not sure, but that's what I'm hoping.

Honeslty, I wouldn't worry too much if it doesn't say AP on the website. "At NVC" probably just means they're still working on it, i.e. they haven't sent it yet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 minutes ago, HuckleberryFinn said:

I just called NVC for the second time today (I am very anxious lately) and a very nice guy told me they had received our petition on the 25th, even though they had been telling me they hadn't for the past couple days. Whatever, I guess they hadn't processed it yet?

He told me to wait a couple days for it to get a number assigned, so I'm calling again tonight :P

NOA2 was Nov. 7th, in case someone else is on the same boat.

Awesome!!

be sure to update 😁 on the nvc spreadsheet🎉

Just now, HuckleberryFinn said:

Honeslty, I wouldn't worry too much if it doesn't say AP on the website. "At NVC" probably just means they're still working on it, i.e. they haven't sent it yet.

True, but if you read other threads in the past, some people got stuck at NVC for 3-8 weeks, and the whole time it just reads "at NVC". If you call though, they said it's in "AP". Someone asked me if I think it may be more delayed because of the tensions right now with North Korea... I hope not. That would be really awful if South Koreans had to face more scrutiny because of it.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, AZSunshine78 said:

Awesome!!

be sure to update 😁 on the nvc spreadsheet🎉

Yes! I will once I have my number, I'm afraid I will somehow jinx it hahah

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Has anyone done their ds160 yet?

ive found several links that day lots of different things for how to fill it out but I haven’t yet since I’ve read conflicting stuff

Timeline
18 minutes ago, AZSunshine78 said:

Has anyone done their ds160 yet?

ive found several links that day lots of different things for how to fill it out but I haven’t yet since I’ve read conflicting stuff

I have filled it out but haven't submited it yet.

I did not read anything about it before filling it out and honeslty I had no issues... (I thinK!!!)

Only thing I asked here was whether I should submit it or wait. I was told to wait until embassy told me to submit it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
2 hours ago, BnE said:

our case is now " in transit " dec 20 nvc date 

Where do we get updates on where our case is? Is this after they assign a case number we can check the status?

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I just did a Visa Status Check at this Site

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

I called last night and they told me the NVC received it yesterday. The result from the Search Above says "At NVC" just like heartinKorea stated. The Operator said I would get an EMail and a Letter confirming it. I hope they forward our Packet to the Tokyo Embassy within a week like BnE experienced. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.