nkwentistanley

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 3

2,854 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
4 hours ago, ASMS said:

Thank you sundee.

Yes, I'm aware of that, MY husband called only once recently. I know what you mean, I know many people wait a year or sometimes more before receiving a result from USCIS. However, since July my VJ timeline was always way ahead of the current date, now it's just behind. I saw so many April approvals than I was pretty sure I was going to have mine before the end of January. I don't think anymore that will happen. Like I said in a previous post, I'm not anymore positive about anything related with this process. It's been one of my biggest deceptions in life.

Been trying since June 2017 to stay in Venezuela so I get to finish everything in here without having to complicate things by living in another country and avoid this crisis. Now my family is leaving, which just makes me feel more desperate.

Thank you khallaf, waiting is the only option.

Yes this process is pretty brutal and vj only can estimate your timeline as it goes by what people place in their time line and some don’t even fill there’s in, so vj is not accurate as it can’t be. Hang in there as soon your Time will arrive...

21 hours ago, ASMS said:

It depends first on the service center that your case is routed, then about the adjudicator that check every file. Nationality plays a role only for Philippines, since they are processed way faster than the rest.

It should be in chronological order, however, Nebraska is the slowest center, also is the one that receive more applications. That's why people that filled 2/3 months and even 4 months after you, get processed first if they were routed to a different service center.

It can happen the same thing with adjudicators, each one have their own group of files assigned, and the way they check them or the limit time they have for have a decision over each file is a mystery to me.

Things like background checks might delay your approval at USCIS stage, but not always, not for everyone.

Thanks for your response. 

I understand what your saying about other sites but for Nebraska are you saying someone will grab a pile and work through them and if they have 20 before you that all require extra work yours will just sit and wait while other people may have gone through three piles in that same time? I just don't understand how at the same site, applications from a month after can be processed before mine. 

3 hours ago, Zeebot9 said:

I understand what your saying about other sites but for Nebraska are you saying someone will grab a pile and work through them and if they have 20 before you that all require extra work yours will just sit and wait while other people may have gone through three piles in that same time? I just don't understand how at the same site, applications from a month after can be processed before mine. 

Is my impression about it. I would like to have a clear idea about the way they work, mostly about cases that are in Nebraska, but they get processed way faster than the rest with common factors.

However, sometimes some files get transferred to other SC, I've noticed that a good amount of those files get revoked or face additional problems at the moment of the interview.

On 15/01/2018 at 10:11 PM, MrsKhan said:

Hello everybody.  Any updates on Nebraska. Getting so impatient.  232 days still waiting! People who get case updates,  any news?

No updates for Nebraska somedays ...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
6 hours ago, Zeebot9 said:

One time my sister was told by a Tier 2, until they deal with the case with a potential problem, then files sit untouched with that officer.  I am sure it depends on which officer you get.  One would think, if there's nothing that can be done with a file, you move on to the next file until you restart working the file that may have issues.  Don't waste your energy trying to figure out how NSC works.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

Been following his thread for a while, and just want to update you all.

My mother-in-law received the NOA2 in the mail dated Jan 08.

It's moving!

Expeditious Naturalization 319B (Experience Report)

CR1 I-130 NOA1: Apr 17 2017

Naturalization: Apr 11 2019  

US passport in hand: Apr 18 2019 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

HI all-----so I want to just give you a bit information from the experience I am currently in as I am still sitting on hold

I called to speak with a customer service on Tier 1 as he was giving me information he let slip that even though the website states they are processing Feb 14th cases this is in fact true, HOWEVER and here is the really messed up part.

This was a thought we all had but now confirmed he says to me this "we pick cases at random that are not in order and are have a priority date after that so it appears as if we are further along then we really are because we know we are behind"

While I was shocked and in process of repeating what I just heard, he had already put me on hold and slapped me into a Tier 2 holding pattern

so again as we all knew that NSC was doing things they shouldn't be doing it has now been confirmed. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Today my wife called the agent at USCIS,about the case and they told her that she shld wait again for 4months after spending 223days at nebraska,I'm June 9 filers,it so stressful I believe that one day I'll be out of Nebraska.

1 minute ago, Vetomo said:

Today my wife called the agent at USCIS,about the case and they told her that she shld wait again for 4months after spending 223days at nebraska,I'm June 9 filers,it so stressful I believe that one day I'll be out of Nebraska.

What ??? But why ???? I'm may filler 

1 minute ago, 2891 said:

What ??? But why ???? I'm may filler 

I started to feel it myself I am a June 13th Filer. I just pray and hope that we get approved in March. 

5 minutes ago, Amisharjil said:

I started to feel it myself I am a June 13th Filer. I just pray and hope that we get approved in March. 

I don't understand there way of working ..  some from May got approved.. now  they start telling people wait for months . Really frustrated😠

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I can understand your frustration with Nebraska as it took 9 1/2 months for my i130 to get approved. I saw people with a similar NOA1 date get approved a month before and after me. The timeline they have is merely an estimate. It sucks they pick files at random and you have no idea how to plan your life because you have no idea when it will happen. Hang in there and keep the faith they haven't lost your file. I know I started to wonder when I hit 9 months. Your time will come! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

We tried calling the USCIS to speak to a Tier 2, but they said at the moment too many people are calling and we couldn't get a hold of one. But she also said we could schedule a call back but that'd take a few days. The lady asked us to call back early in the morning today, so we are.

But it sure is frustrating. We have 2 houses to sell, bunch of stuff to pack and a need planning my leave with my boss, but everything is so uncertain still.

Annoying if anything.

Oh well, it'll come when it comes I guess.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.