967 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline
Just now, Charlene Gei said:

Hello.. Even if you did submitted those papers (medical and affidavit of support) i will advice you to bring them on your interview.. The same medical and affidavit of support that you submitted with your application.. And comply all the lists from the notice they gave you.. It is better to complete all those papers than bringing nothing or incomplete papers on your interview.. You need to be ready 100%, so that if they request some papers or form you are ready..

Thanks! Would you recommend filing out a new affidavit or just use a copy of the one I submitted?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
2 hours ago, Empr1 said:

Any Wisconsin filers got their interview scheduled ?? As per my findings - All  October 2017  filers interviews were scheduled early last month. 

Anyone who filed in November and has their interview scheduled, please share your timeline! 

Thanks in advance!

Waiting for interview to be scheduled as well

Timeline
21 hours ago, FloridaMinsk said:

You need a valid passport my wife went to her country and renewed her passport.   

I know I need a valid passport. My question is if they may not let me in to the US because at the time of my entering to the US my passport will be valid for 4 more months (not 6)?  

Timeline
14 hours ago, melissco said:

Sorry I'm not able to give a more clear answer, but is there any way you can renew it online?  My husband was able to renew his online because it was expiring just a few months after we got married, and the whole renewal process took about 2-3 weeks to get his new passport.  If you are able to renew online, just be sure to send it by trackable courier (FedEx) and ensure that the renewal includes a return of your original passport with your original visa in it.  I can't recall if it was the DMV that required the original visa or if it was the Social Security office when he applied for his SSN, but one of the two needed to see the original visa to verify he was who he said he was.  

My embassy requires applying in person plus I changed my last name and here is a problem - changing my last name in my home country and then applying for a new passport... Not sure what is gonna be cheaper apply here for a new passport or stay buy a new plane ticket, stay 2 more weeks in my home country and apply for it there. 

1 hour ago, theredcomet said:

Thanks! Would you recommend filing out a new affidavit or just use a copy of the one I submitted?

A copy of the one you submitted.. That’s what i did when i had my interview.. i bring the copy of those and the original copy of the supporting documents like birth certificate, marriage certificate, passports, I-94 and others.. You’re welcome 😊

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Charlene Gei said:

A copy of the one you submitted.. That’s what i did when i had my interview.. i bring the copy of those and the original copy of the supporting documents like birth certificate, marriage certificate, passports, I-94 and others.. You’re welcome 😊

Thanks again!! Toughest thing right now for me is getting my birth certificate. My wife's certificate i still have from the AOS packet. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline
On 9/4/2018 at 2:32 PM, GBPackers said:

My embassy requires applying in person plus I changed my last name and here is a problem - changing my last name in my home country and then applying for a new passport... Not sure what is gonna be cheaper apply here for a new passport or stay buy a new plane ticket, stay 2 more weeks in my home country and apply for it there. 

I'm from Belgium and changing your last name is not a normal procedure and not often done. I was advised by my consulate to keep my maiden name for Belgium (I changed it in the US) to avoid future trouble, and therefor always fly in my maiden name. They have both my names on record (I had to send them my marriage license). My Belgian passport will therefor stay in my maiden name.

The US is much more forgiving and understanding about maiden names and married names it seems. Even when I go to the bank and tell them my maiden name without showing proof, they're fine with it.

Anyway, I know we're not the only country that does not change names after marriage, so you might want to ask your embassy to see what they suggest. Most of the times, consular workers are very friendly, plus they know more about this than a local person in your own country.

Timeline
On 9/4/2018 at 2:58 PM, theredcomet said:

Thanks again!! Toughest thing right now for me is getting my birth certificate. My wife's certificate i still have from the AOS packet. 

Your consulate might have this; I had to send a certified copy to them when I arrived together with a copy of my passport.

If not, you could ask for it online if possible in your own country, and have it sent to your parents or a friend there, and then have them send it to you? Not sure if that would work where you're from. It depends on the city I assume.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 8/31/2018 at 10:47 AM, Dachis said:

This one also follows, i forgot to post here:

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application. If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283

Hey! So, what happened with your case?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Georgia
Timeline
17 minutes ago, tab0712 said:

17 minutes ago, tab0712 said:

Nothing, it was just interview letter that i haven’t received. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Dachis said:

Nothing, it was just interview letter that i haven’t received. 

Did you finally get it? When's your interview. I was hoping you were just getting a card issued without an interview. That's how that post sounded to me. They need to fix their wording. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Georgia
Timeline
32 minutes ago, tab0712 said:

Did you finally get it? When's your interview. I was hoping you were just getting a card issued without an interview. That's how that post sounded to me. They need to fix their wording. 

It went to my old address, even though i updated address. IO  i spoke with, she faxed me interview letter and it’s end of septemeber

Timeline
On 9/16/2018 at 9:16 PM, Dachis said:

It went to my old address, even though i updated address. IO  i spoke with, she faxed me interview letter and it’s end of septemeber

GOOOOOOD LUCK!!!!!

Timeline
13 hours ago, Lien08 said:

My case has been ready to schedule for interview since March.. I am still waiting.. Who else is still waiting for their interview notice?

Are you talking about the update they sent in August to everyone wthat there was an update in March? Or did you get this in March itself?

I think just about everyone received this update about a retroactive update. It does not seem to mean anything. (sorry for any tpos, my cat decided to sit in front of my screen and does not want to budtge)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.