967 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, floodland said:

My wife got her ead and ap card a few weeks ago. Had our interview yesterday. Only one question to my wife, my birthday. Other than that we just went over the application and corrected anything that the interviewer said was not filled in correctly. 

If only all the interviews were like that!:jest:

ROC:  Received Jan 25 2021    NOA 1: February 25 2021 (LIN/Nebraska).    BIOMETRICS: April 30  2021
APPROVED: June 23 2021     CARD DELIVERED:   June 30 2021

AOS:          Received Date:  April 2      NOA 1:  April 5 2018
Biometrics:  April 27  Fingerprint Review Was Completed:  April 30
Case Ready to be scheduled: May 3
( that update only showed up in August! after being notified about EAD&AP )
EAD&AP  We approved your case:  August 8   /  In the mailbox:  August 16 2018
Interview   -    March 14 2019    (
Notice Date:  February 1)  -   Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hoping to find guidance as I do that see it posted here. Our NOA1 notice date is November 28th for AOS, AP and EAD. My husband has the Biometrics on December 18th. And we had no RFE. As of January 31st, per the USCIS site, his AOS is "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview". It's 2 weeks and nothing was received in the mail. Both the AP and EAD are still saying "Case was recieved" with a date of November 24th. 

Should I be calling to find out what's going on? It will be 12 weeks (90 days, not including weekends or holiday's) since they accepted our submissions. 

So many approvals, and I feel stuck in "immigration hell". But curious about the "interview" status and not receiving anything about it. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

TIMELINE: as of FEB 15, 2018

Nov 22, 2017 - packet sent via USPS Chicago Lockbox (Concurrent Filing AOS)

Nov29 - Received via email and SMS 4 USCIS confirmation

Nov 30 - Checks cashed

Dec 4 - Received 4 x NOA1 via mail (PD Nov24) (NBC/MSC)

Dec 9 - Received bio appt via mail

Dec 18 - Biometrics Sched/Done (IOWA USCIS)

Dec 28 - Courtesy letter received regarding i-693 (medical exam do not submit, submit on interview or as RFE)

Feb 13, 2018-  First SR made online

Is NBC really having delays in approving AP/EAD combos?

Any other November NBC filers who have received their EADs by now?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, iowagirl said:

Nov 30 - Checks cashed

Dec 28 - Courtesy letter received regarding i-693 (medical exam do not submit, submit on interview or as RFE)

Seems pretty early on to be too worried about the EAD. Mine didn't update at all on the USCIS site and one day I randomly got the NOA and right behind followed the card. I'm sure you'll get it any time now! It's tough but try to be patient.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
20 minutes ago, iowagirl said:

Nov 30 - Checks cashed

Look like it.l have a November 3rd pd with no rfie and am still in the queue waiting for my PD.today is 107day since they received my case,l have raised three service request even spoke to tier 2 officer who told me NBC is still processing 1st September case l have to wait.but l have seen people who filed later than me get approval from the same NBC..l hope we hear from them soon.

Timeline
44 minutes ago, TerrenceR said:

Seems pretty early on to be too worried about the EAD. Mine didn't update at all on the USCIS site and one day I randomly got the NOA and right behind followed the card. I'm sure you'll get it any time now! It's tough but try to be patient.

Just noticed that most applicants who got their EADs aren't with NBC. Just raised an SR since it states on the website that I could if it's beyond 75 days. Just to be sure. Anyhow, I hope so that I do get my EAD real soon. I'm just worried that I'm with NBC. :(

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Lorani said:

Look like it.l have a November 3rd pd with no rfie and am still in the queue waiting for my PD.today is 107day since they received my case,l have raised three service request even spoke to tier 2 officer who told me NBC is still processing 1st September case l have to wait.but l have seen people who filed later than me get approval from the same NBC..l hope we hear from them soon.

Yes I hope so too. It's just that it's being with NBC that worries me the most. Also, their processing update is stuck on "NBC PROCESSING TIMES AS OF NOVEMBER 30, 2017" Why won't they release the processing time as of Feb 2018?

Edited by iowagirl
additonal

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
28 minutes ago, iowagirl said:

Yes I hope so too. It's just that it's being with NBC that worries me the most. Also, their processing update is stuck on "NBC PROCESSING TIMES AS OF NOVEMBER 30, 2017" Why won't they release the processing time as of Feb 2018?

"As of November 30,2017"where did you get that processing?the one on USCIS site shows they are still stuck at September 1st,2017.l know you are as frustrated as l am,am actually depressed 😣l do not interact alot this days because l have alot going on in my mind,l tend to spend my time sleeping so l can escape from this waiting reality. Sometimes l wish l came on CR1 visa.Anyways,let us hang in there hope we hear from them before the end of february.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, iowagirl said:

Just noticed that most applicants who got their EADs aren't with NBC. Just raised an SR since it states on the website that I could if it's beyond 75 days. Just to be sure. Anyhow, I hope so that I do get my EAD real soon. I'm just worried that I'm with NBC. :(

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm tracking that all EADs come from NBC and are not processed differently due to location. I know AOS times will differ but didn't think EAD did. Either way, Hope you a speedy process!

Edited by TerrenceR

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Georgia
Timeline
19 minutes ago, TerrenceR said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm tracking that all EADs come from NBC and are not processed differently due to location. I know AOS times will differ but didn't think EAD did. Either way, Hope you a speedy process!

That’s what i know too

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
17 hours ago, FloridaMinsk said:

As long as we filed for the AP we are ok.   Had we waited to file until after she left then yes this would apply.  I am out working so I will have to dig it up later.    

Plus our friends did this exact same thing.

As for my concern she will or anytime soon.    She went back because two family members are close to dying.   This was the most cost effective time because she would be just waiting for her EAD as well.   Once we get AP and EAD I will go over there and see her family then come back together.   If by some chance we have any problems  then we will figure it out.   

@FloridaMinsk

I am curious to see what documents and options you are considering since this forum is used by TONS of people and there are numerous cases out there of people who did exact some thing and were denied. Thus EAD/AP Card comes with an issued date and validation, which are inspected by the US Agent at the immigration sector (Airport). 

--------

Advance Perole (https://www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citizens/advance-parole

Due to recent changes to U.S. immigration law, travel outside of the United States may have severe consequences for aliens who are in the process of adjusting their status or applying for an immigrant visa (refugees and asylees). Upon return, these aliens may be found inadmissible, their applications may be denied, or both. It is important that the alien obtain the proper documentation before leaving the United States.

Aliens who have pending applications for certain immigration benefits need Advance Parole to re-enter the U.S. after traveling abroad.

Aliens applying for advance parole on the basis of a pending application for adjustment of status must be approved for advance parole prior to leaving the United States in order to avoid the termination of their pending application for adjustment. 

------

https://my.uscis.gov/helpcenter/article/if-i-receive-a-combined-employment-authorization-and-advance-parole-card-does-that-guarantee-my-re-entry-into-the-u-s-if-i-travel 

If you depart the U.S. while your I-485 application is pending without first obtaining advance parole, your case will be denied unless you fit into a narrow exception for those maintaining certain nonimmigrant statuses

------

Other users who tried the same approach;

https://www.***removed***/experience/76745-I-485-Denied-because-we-left-USA-without-advance-parole-Devasted.html

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Timeline
4 hours ago, TerrenceR said:

You are correct. EAD/APs are processed at NBC and you i-485 is processed at your local office. So with that said, there are two different processing times.

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone, just received my EAD/AP card in the mail yesterday, I also accepted a job offer yesterday. Does my card come with a Tax ID Number? or do I need to go to the Social Security office to get a SSN?

Timeline
1 minute ago, EmGosh said:

Hi everyone, just received my EAD/AP card in the mail yesterday, I also accepted a job offer yesterday. Does my card come with a Tax ID Number? or do I need to go to the Social Security office to get a SSN?

Only companies/business entities need to have a "tax ID number' - individuals like yourself need a SSN. Apply for it at your nearest friendly SSA office.

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.