2,950 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, teshah said:

I've never made a call to talk to the officers so I can't give advise on that. As I said in my previous post, I put in a status inquiry via the USCIS website.   

Hi! I am also curious how long was it before you put a status inquiry? My pending I751 is still within processing time for CSC.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
3 hours ago, Ashipa said:

Sorry for this question, how long was your i751 pending b4 you put in case enquiry? Is it more than the processing time? Reply will be appreciated 

It had been pending for 16 months but at that point I don't remember whether it was outside of the normal processing time.  What I remember is that I was following the I-751 thread and people were starting to get approvals and I wasn't.  And then those who applied the month after I did also started getting approvals and I still wasn't hearing anything back.  I figured I was put on the back burner cause I had applied for N-400.

2 hours ago, Dzenana said:

Hi! I am also curious how long was it before you put a status inquiry? My pending I751 is still within processing time for CSC.

Exactly 16 months

AOS from F1

11/13/2014: Concurrent filing of forms I-130, I-485, and I-765 at Chicago Lockbox

11/18/2014: NOA 1

12/11/2014: Biometric Appointment

01/16/2015: NOA 2

02/27/2015: Employment Authorization Card Received

02/27/2015: Interview

03/09/2015: Green Card Received

Hello everyone,

I have been watching this forum silently and have learned a lot to well prepared my interview. I passed both interview, N400 and I751 and aslo took the Oath. I am a US Citizen now and I would like to share my experience, hope this would help the next person. Thank you so much for everyone who were in front of me and shared your stories. 

My background: I came here as an international student, met and dated my husband for a year, got married in 2014, applied and received 2 year GC on Oct 2015. I applied to remove my condition on Aug 2017, then applied for citizenship on Sep 2018, got the interview on Valentine day 2019 ^_^.

Here are few notes:

1. The interview letter strictly asked for me, even when I call to the helpline, they told just me. But thanks to everyone's posts, I asked my lovely husband to go with me. My N400 interview was outside the room, probably 15mins max, which was perfect. Questions are from the book, study the book 100 questions and you will be fine.

2. The important part is I751. Because they want to know if we are real couple, they were very tough on us T.T. She interogated us for an hour >.<

The officer looked through all the supported documents, tax, bank statements, pictures, car title,s registration, affidavit from relatives, etc.

Then she started asking questions  about our forms like name age,etc then questions about us like how did we met, who talkd to who first, when did we got married, when did we live together, how many people was in wedding, etc. Ah, forget to tell you guys, ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH EVEN THOUGH THE TRUTH MIGHT GOT YOU IN LONGER CONVERSATION. My husband has a huge ego that he did not want to admit that he was lazy, the officer did got confused when he could not answer why we did not live together when we first got married. Actually, we did live together the whole time. He was lazy to change his address to my address ( we live in my aunt house ), and he did not want to admit that ( keep his ego high LOL ) but then he realized we might be in trouble so he admitted that he was just lazy ( In fact, I already changed his paperwork for him since he was so damn lazy and I could not argue anymore LOL ). Here is the fun part. I was trying to protect him from the officer was tough on him ( Mind you guys, you might get kicked out of the room if you overdo, I just dont like it when someone was verbally harsh on my husband so I spoke when I was told to be quiet ^_^ ). The point is she saw how REAL I was WORRIED about him. 

3. However, just becuz we are married does not mean we dont argue. In fact, they look for sign of real marriage, which to be honest, there are many, one of them is stupid arguments LOL. We were chatting about our lives and the officer asked what I normally cook. He said I cook a lot but he does not like Asian food and I jumped right in ( mind you again I am not supposed to interrupt his interview ) and I was liked "You liar you told me you liked Asian when we were dating" then he mumbled "Cuz you would not want to go out with me if I did not show interest" and the officer laughed so hard LOL. We have some other small fun talk after and she let us passed, this is after half an hour interogated my husband. The rest half hour was to swear in, and read some statement, as well as finish up. 

4. Then she gave me a form stated that my i751 is recommended to be approval. There was nothing wrong she just needed her supervisor's approval. Within that night, my status showed approved. Next day, shcedule for Oath was sent out. I took Oath a few days ago.

So my time line is around 6 months from first file N400 till official become a citizen. My 10 GC never arrived ^_^

So my advice is to be patient, be yourself, be real. They dont look for perfect answers, they look for actual marital conversations. If they ask a question, answer enough to be friendly, dont give out too much cuz you might confuse them, but dont do one or two words because they will want to ask even more. I talked a little too much and my husband was like "Babe, let she focus on main questions" and I was like "Okay, you will listen to all of this later then" with a pouty face and the officer laughed out loud, again. 

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting. God bless you. Hug Hug Hug.

On 3/4/2019 at 8:45 AM, Ashipa said:

Hey everyone,

I filed my Form i751 in December, 2017,and filed form N400 January 29 under the Immigration and nationality Act INA section 319 under 3 year rule....N400 interview coming up April 3,2019 @ fort Smith Arkansas 

My question do I need to call USCIS for a combine I751 and N400 interview or do they automatically schedule both interview?

Contribution will be highly appreciated.

Hi there,

I called to USCIS helpline and they told me only me LOL. However, I brought my husband with me and sure did they needed my spouse to finish the i751 interview. I have read cases where N400 got cancelled becuz of pending i71, there are case where they dont even needed the spouse for the interview, then there are case where we can convince the officer without our spouse present, etc.

I just want to be safe and not bear the risk of rescheduling which will take forever so my husband came with me ^_^.

Hope this help.

So yesterday was our combo interview ROC/N400.      We parked in the Marquette Plaza, it was extremely full. We found one vacant spot which we swiftly took. Went up to 7th floor and checked in. While waiting in lobby we went through our civics test flashcards one more time. His numb er was c alled, we didnt hear it, the IO ended up coming out and collecting him. He was a tall african american with a warm smile. So he took him in and I stayed in the wai ting room so everything else I am about to say is from what my hubby told me.      He asked him "Is your wife here too?" he said "yes shes in the waiting room".     They then sat down and went through the application. Then did the civics questions. He got the first 6 right so then they stopped there since he passed already. He then recited a sentence in english and wrote a sentence in english. He misspelled a word by accident but the IO said that was alright.     Then they went onto the I-751. He asked what date did you get married? And what dates did you come and visit prior to K1 fiance visa? My husband is really bad with remembering dates and was honest and said he didnt remember but that the dates were in the binder he brought in. So he looked them up and told him. The IO didnt seem bothered that he didnt know them off the top of his head. Asked when we met and how we met. He said we met on a onl ine message board. The IO asked what was the name of it. But he didnt remember and (I dont remember either to be honest, the message board was shut down shortly after we met).     The IO was satisfied with everything and said I am recommending you for approval for I-751 and N400. He also said he couldnt pro perly approve the N400 until 3 days from now because he has to approve the I-751 in the system first. He then handed him two papers one saying he had been reccomended for approval for I-751 and second for N400 saying A decision cannot be made at this time.  Surprisingly enough he never called me back to interview me. I was expecting it.  So that was our day.    

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 hours ago, Joslyn said:

Hi there,

I called to USCIS helpline and they told me only me LOL. However, I brought my husband with me and sure did they needed my spouse to finish the i751 interview. I have read cases where N400 got cancelled becuz of pending i71, there are case where they dont even needed the spouse for the interview, then there are case where we can convince the officer without our spouse present, etc.

I just want to be safe and not bear the risk of rescheduling which will take forever so my husband came with me ^_^.

Hope this help.

Thank you this really help am going with wife anyway....thank you so much

Today the case status for our I-751 changed to My new card is being produced. The N400 case number still hasn't changed. It still says my interview was scheduled.

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

Timeline
On 3/6/2019 at 3:48 AM, Joslyn said:

Hi there,

Hope this help.

I was able to communicate with USCIS but saw you are scheduled for N400 interview only but I will still go with my wife even if they said me alone......by God grace I will die both interview Because am tired of this whole thing 🤣

Edited by Ashipa
Added

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Ashipa said:

was able to communicate with USCIS but saw you are scheduled for N400 interview only but I will still go with my wife even if they said me alone......by God grace I will do both interview Because am tired of this whole thing 🤣

On 3/6/2019 at 1:41 AM, Joslyn said:

Hello everyone,

I have been watching this forum silently and have learned a lot to well prepared my interview. I passed both interview, N400 and I751 and aslo took the Oath. I am a US Citizen now and I would like to share my experience, hope this would help the next person. Thank you so much for everyone who were in front of me and shared your stories. 

My background: I came here as an international student, met and dated my husband for a year, got married in 2014, applied and received 2 year GC on Oct 2015. I applied to remove my condition on Aug 2017, then applied for citizenship on Sep 2018, got the interview on Valentine day 2019 ^_^.

Here are few notes:

1. The interview letter strictly asked for me, even when I call to the helpline, they told just me. But thanks to everyone's posts, I asked my lovely husband to go with me. My N400 interview was outside the room, probably 15mins max, which was perfect. Questions are from the book, study the book 100 questions and you will be fine.

2. The important part is I751. Because they want to know if we are real couple, they were very tough on us T.T. She interogated us for an hour >.<

The officer looked through all the supported documents, tax, bank statements, pictures, car title,s registration, affidavit from relatives, etc.

Then she started asking questions  about our forms like name age,etc then questions about us like how did we met, who talkd to who first, when did we got married, when did we live together, how many people was in wedding, etc. Ah, forget to tell you guys, ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH EVEN THOUGH THE TRUTH MIGHT GOT YOU IN LONGER CONVERSATION. My husband has a huge ego that he did not want to admit that he was lazy, the officer did got confused when he could not answer why we did not live together when we first got married. Actually, we did live together the whole time. He was lazy to change his address to my address ( we live in my aunt house ), and he did not want to admit that ( keep his ego high LOL ) but then he realized we might be in trouble so he admitted that he was just lazy ( In fact, I already changed his paperwork for him since he was so damn lazy and I could not argue anymore LOL ). Here is the fun part. I was trying to protect him from the officer was tough on him ( Mind you guys, you might get kicked out of the room if you overdo, I just dont like it when someone was verbally harsh on my husband so I spoke when I was told to be quiet ^_^ ). The point is she saw how REAL I was WORRIED about him. 

3. However, just becuz we are married does not mean we dont argue. In fact, they look for sign of real marriage, which to be honest, there are many, one of them is stupid arguments LOL. We were chatting about our lives and the officer asked what I normally cook. He said I cook a lot but he does not like Asian food and I jumped right in ( mind you again I am not supposed to interrupt his interview ) and I was liked "You liar you told me you liked Asian when we were dating" then he mumbled "Cuz you would not want to go out with me if I did not show interest" and the officer laughed so hard LOL. We have some other small fun talk after and she let us passed, this is after half an hour interogated my husband. The rest half hour was to swear in, and read some statement, as well as finish up. 

4. Then she gave me a form stated that my i751 is recommended to be approval. There was nothing wrong she just needed her supervisor's approval. Within that night, my status showed approved. Next day, shcedule for Oath was sent out. I took Oath a few days ago.

So my time line is around 6 months from first file N400 till official become a citizen. My 10 GC never arrived ^_^

So my advice is to be patient, be yourself, be real. They dont look for perfect answers, they look for actual marital conversations. If they ask a question, answer enough to be friendly, dont give out too much cuz you might confuse them, but dont do one or two words because they will want to ask even more. I talked a little too much and my husband was like "Babe, let she focus on main questions" and I was like "Okay, you will listen to all of this later then" with a pouty face and the officer laughed out loud, again. 

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting. God bless you. Hug Hug Hug.

Congrats and thank you for sharing !! Do you mind telling us which office you were with? @Joslyn

Hubby just had his combo interview on Tuesday and he passed. The day after the case status for I-751 changed to "My new card is being produced". N400 case status still says My interview was scheduled. So will he actually get the new card in the mail being as he will have his oath ceremony in a couple months? I heard some people say they never see the card.

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

17 minutes ago, corvusheart said:

Hubby just had his combo interview on Tuesday and he passed. The day after the case status for I-751 changed to "My new card is being produced". N400 case status still says My interview was scheduled. So will he actually get the new card in the mail being as he will have his oath ceremony in a couple months? I heard some people say they never see the card.

I had combo interview on Feb 20th and i went by myself.... i passed both interviews and officer said you will not get your 10 years green card since we will put you in for oath. same day my N-400 status changed to  i am in line for oath from interview attend. ... after week i got my 10 years green card in mail and still I-751 status says Case was received. Hope that helps!  

44 minutes ago, Prat6242 said:

I had combo interview on Feb 20th and i went by myself.... i passed both interviews and officer said you will not get your 10 years green card since we will put you in for oath. same day my N-400 status changed to  i am in line for oath from interview attend. ... after week i got my 10 years green card in mail and still I-751 status says Case was received. Hope that helps!  

I guess every case is different. N400 status is still the same.

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

8 hours ago, corvusheart said:

Woot! Congratulations to him

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

I applied for i751 last January 2018. This year on January I applied for N400. Today I received an approval letter in the mail for my i751 case. Status never changed on any of the USCIS  website, so it was a surprise. Now just waiting for green card and for N400 interview, to be done with this stressful process. Good luck to everyone! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.