2,950 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, asdfzc said:

My data point

I751 Jan 27, 2017

N400 March 24th 2018, 

Transfer to NBC on May 2nd

N400 Interview schedule as of today on Nov 13th, at 6:45am???( so early, i thought they start work at 8am.....)

didnt mention any I751 on the letter,  I am still ask my spouse to come with me regardless. 

hope that helps. 

I am also scheduled for N-400 on October 30th at 8:05am in San Bernardino. My letter doesn’t mention I-751 either. My I-751 is still in the “received at local office status” from March 2018. 

22 hours ago, asdfzc said:

My data point

I751 Jan 27, 2017

N400 March 24th 2018, 

Transfer to NBC on May 2nd

N400 Interview schedule as of today on Nov 13th, at 6:45am???( so early, i thought they start work at 8am.....)

didnt mention any I751 on the letter,  I am still ask my spouse to come with me regardless. 

hope that helps. 

Congrats!  Good luck with your interview.

21 hours ago, TMDM said:

I am also scheduled for N-400 on October 30th at 8:05am in San Bernardino. My letter doesn’t mention I-751 either. My I-751 is still in the “received at local office status” from March 2018. 

My wife had her N-400 interview at the San Bernardino Office.  Her I-751 was still pending at the time.  Her

letter never stated anything about a joint interview but we showed up with all the necessary paperwork for both.

Both petitions where adjudicated that same day.  Go prepared for a joint interview.  Good luck!

Edited by Mountain Climber

43 minutes ago, Mountain Climber said:

My wife had her N-400 interview at the San Bernardino Office.  Her I-751 was still pending at the time.  Her

letter never stated anything about a joint interview but we showed up with all the necessary paperwork for both.

Both petitions where adjudicated that same day.  Go prepared for a joint interview.  Good luck!

Thanks for that update! That’s really helpful. I submitted a substantial amount of evidence with my I-751 application. In order to prepare for the joint interview, should I bring updated versions of those documents? Or do I need more than that?

may I also ask how the joint interview was conducted -  EG. Did they do green card first then citizenship separate? Or did they do both in the same room, was your wife present for both interviews? Thanks so much 

38 minutes ago, TMDM said:

Thanks for that update! That’s really helpful. I submitted a substantial amount of evidence with my I-751 application. In order to prepare for the joint interview, should I bring updated versions of those documents? Or do I need more than that?

may I also ask how the joint interview was conducted -  EG. Did they do green card first then citizenship separate? Or did they do both in the same room, was your wife present for both interviews? Thanks so much 

Bring everything you sent with the I-751 application as well as updated versions.  We front loaded the I -751 with a ton of evidence

as well, when we submitted it.  The officer started with the I-751 application.  He asked for updated bills (2018) showing we were still

together at the same address.  That was it for the I- 751 portion.  He then asked me to leave his office so that he could

continue the N-400 interview with my wife.  The entire process only took about 30 minutes.

Good luck!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi I have been going through this thread even though I am still in the long wait for I-751 ROC, I submitted my paperwork on April 2018, we are hoping that by the end of next year we will be done with the I-751 process at least. We are debating if we should apply for N400 in March 2019 when the 90 days window open.. Do you have some opinions about this? Good or bad? How much "faster" is this process? Our only concern is that my husband travels a lot and we are not sure if he has to come to the interview or not... 

Congratulations to everybody who finished this process already and best of luck to the ones still waiting, time will come :)

2 hours ago, Mountain Climber said:

Bring everything you sent with the I-751 application as well as updated versions.  We front loaded the I -751 with a ton of evidence

as well, when we submitted it.  The officer started with the I-751 application.  He asked for updated bills (2018) showing we were still

together at the same address.  That was it for the I- 751 portion.  He then asked me to leave his office so that he could

continue the N-400 interview with my wife.  The entire process only took about 30 minutes.

Good luck!

Great! I’m not sure I have the documents submitted with my original I-751. My lawyer took those and submitted them but believe he has copies. I will check with him on the originals. 

I already have have a ton of evidence prepared to prove we are still together and happily married and a lot of this evidence is updated letters from the last year. Will prepare everything I can. I’m quite anxious about it but hope it goes okay!

4 hours ago, Mountain Climber said:

Good luck!

Another question for you, did your I-751 case get any updates prior to N-400 interview to say it was transferred to the new office? I’m wondering if I should be contacting USCIS to ensure they transfer my pending I-751 application so that they can be adjudicated together.

14 minutes ago, TMDM said:

Another question for you, did your I-751 case get any updates prior to N-400 interview to say it was transferred to the new office? I’m wondering if I should be contacting USCIS to ensure they transfer my pending I-751 application so that they can be adjudicated together.

My wife submitted her N-400 application on 03/26/18.   We had gone to the USCIS office on 05/01/18 to get an N-551 stamp in her passport. 

The officer told us at that time that she would have a joint interview.  On 05/03/18 she received an online notification that her I-751 petition was transferred and that a new office had jurisdiction.  Her interview date was on 07/10/18.  I have read several other posts on here regarding the

San Bernardino Office.  It seems combo interviews are the norm. 

Good luck and relax,  I am sure you will be fine.

32 minutes ago, Mountain Climber said:

My wife submitted her N-400 application on 03/26/18.   We had gone to the USCIS office on 05/01/18 to get an N-551 stamp in her passport. 

The officer told us at that time that she would have a joint interview.  On 05/03/18 she received an online notification that her I-751 petition was transferred and that a new office had jurisdiction.  Her interview date was on 07/10/18.  I have read several other posts on here regarding the

San Bernardino Office.  It seems combo interviews are the norm. 

Good luck and relax,  I am sure you will be fine.

Thank you! I haven’t received anything to say the case was transferred for me which is why I was concerned. I can give a tier 2 agent a call to be safe. But hopefully they will already transfer it for my interview and do the two together like you said. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
16 hours ago, TMDM said:

I got the update of my 751 being transferred to a new office AFTER the 751 approval, so maybe it was just a system update and meant very little, so I would not necessarily read too much into it if you got the update. As far as combo adjudication is concerned, it is totally up to USCIS whether they are going to adjudicated together, but they are probably at the same office now. They will probably adjudicate your 751 first and 400 at the same location. Good luck.

Edited by Zombie69

I'm scheduled for my N400 interview on November 6, 2018. I got the update Sept 27, 2018. My 3 yr GC Anniversary was Sept 25, 2018. I filed for I751 ROC last July 2018. Still no news about the ROC.

**N-400** 06-27-2018 : N-400 online & NOA1 || 07-07-18 : received Bio Appt e-mail notification || 07-27-18 : Biometrics reviewed || 09-25-18 : OFFICIAL 3 YEAR ANNIVERSARY || 11-06-18 : Interview 

|| 12-18-2018 : APPROVED; in line to be scheduled for Oathtaking || 02-11-19 : OATHTAKING CEREMONY --

**ROC** (pending)  07-26-2017 : I-751 sent || 07-31-2017 : NOA1 || 09-05-2017 : Biometrics || 08-09-2018 : Case transferred to local office || 12-18-2018 : Card in production || 12-26-18 : received GC --

**AOS/EAD/AP** 02-20-2015 : AOS filed || 02-24-2015 : NOA1 || 03-19-2015 : Biometrics || 04-30-2015 : EAD&AP approved || 05-05-2015 : EAD&AP received || 09-25-2015 : Conditional GC approved || 10-02-2015 : GC received --

**K-1** 08-12-2014 : I-129F Sent || 08-14-2014 : NOA1 || 09-03-2014 : NOA2 || 09-10-2014 : Petition transferred from USCIS to NVC || 09-18-2014 : NVC received || 09-24-2014 : US Embassy MNL received our case || 10-14-2014 : Medical Exam done! || 10-23-2014 : Interview || 10-31-2014 : Passport & Visa on hand --

I have been following this thread for a while now. Just want to do quick update. I am from the Los Angeles area, so the CSC is handling my case.

Last week on 9/27/18, I received an appointment letter for the N-400. The appointment for N-400 interview is for the first week of Nov. 2018

Waiting for them to approve my  I-751 was taking forever so I applied online for the N-400 on 2/15/18 when I was eligible.

This is probably a combined interview because they have not approved my I-751.

I applied for the I-751 on 2/15/17. I logged into the USCIS and check for the status of my N-400, I can view the appointment letter.

When I checked the status for the i-751 using the Receipt Number WAC it says:

Good luck everyone! 

Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction

2 hours ago, tranpatrick said:

I have been following this thread for a while now. Just want to do quick update. I am from the Los Angeles area, so the CSC is handling my case.

Last week on 9/27/18, I received an appointment letter for the N-400. The appointment for N-400 interview is for the first week of Nov. 2018

Waiting for them to approve my  I-751 was taking forever so I applied online for the N-400 on 2/15/18 when I was eligible.

This is probably a combined interview because they have not approved my I-751.

I applied for the I-751 on 2/15/17. I logged into the USCIS and check for the status of my N-400, I can view the appointment letter.

When I checked the status for the i-751 using the Receipt Number WAC it says:

Good luck everyone! 

Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction

Hi, I am from LA too, but my office is LA not LA county, but they locate in the same building in downtown LA. 

we have similar timeline, I submit my i751 at the end of Jan 2017 and my interview is Nov 13th super early morning. 

if your interview is before me, would you mind share some experience in that office? 

On 10/1/2018 at 7:58 AM, gypsyqueen said:

I'm scheduled for my N400 interview on November 6, 2018. I got the update Sept 27, 2018. My 3 yr GC Anniversary was Sept 25, 2018. I filed for I751 ROC last July 2018. Still no news about the ROC.

Congrats!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.